Kyungsso X Reader (requested)

Kpop oneshots (open for requests)

My first ever request is from the lovely @official_jackie (on Wattpad) who requested a Kyungsoo X reader which starts kind of happy to sad to happy (I'm not amazing at angst, sorry)......SO LET'S DO THIS THANG!

Warning: swearing

****

You walked down the halls of your school, taking it all in as you purposefully walked slowly to miss as much class as possible. You were coming back from an errand you had to run and took as many detours as possible to make it all worthwhile, but now, you had reached your classroom once again, the end of the road. You pouted a little but put your hand out to turn the handle, as soon as your fingers made contact with the cool metal that led to doom and despair, the best thing happened, the bell rang for lunch. You smirked and turned the handle to retrieve your stuff and get the HELL out of there!

On the way to the cafeteria a few girls stopped talk to you along with some boys. You were popular but not in a stereotypical way, you weren't on the cheer-leading team, extremely rich and you weren't even especially smart. You supposed you were just nice and knew everyone in some way. It could also be the fact that you were dating the very handsome, sporty, smart boy called Harrison. (A/n: I am not referring to any Harrison in particular kay?)

He was the stereotype and you weren't anything special really but apparently being "Harrison's Girlfriend" seemed good enough to boost your status. You didn't really mind though, you really liked him and he liked you. You were happy and school status didn't really mean much to you but it came with the package so everyone wins. You hugged yourself as you walked into the large hall, really quite content with yourself when your best friend, Amber (the only one who didn't like Harrison for some reason) ran up to you out of breath and grabbed your blazer, sending your tray flying.

"Amber, WHAT THE HELL!?" she turned to you and looked evenly, "You just.....You need to come with me and see something okay?" You went to refuse but something in her gaze stopped you and you nodded slowly, eyes wide and slightly scared. She took you down a maze of corridors (no wonder she was so out of breath) and made you stop behind a wall to the courtyard by the back of the school, you turned to her," Amber. Why am I here!?" You stated and she paused before answering," Look, you know that I HATE your boyfriend and how you could do sooooo much better-" You cut in, "Yeah, yeah, you keep saying but he's not-" She rolled her eyes and pushed you abruptly around the corner. You were about to turn back and vent at her but you were drawn to the sound of shouting and scuffling. You went around the corner to be confronted by...

***Kyungsoo's POV:***

I came out of the school Library to be confronted by the receding figure of (Y/n). It seemed as though she was running an errand, taking a huge stack of papers to another classroom, she seemed to be really struggling so I went up to her. "What are you doing D.O? You can't talk to her, you might do something stupid." I thought to myself as I tapped her shoulder (OH GOD). She jumped and turned to face me, well, her eyes, peeked out from over the mountain of paperwork to meet mine. I looked down and messed with my fingers like an idiot," H-help...p-papers.....d-do you-" I cringe, my face heating up and went to turn away but her eyes squinted cutely," Do I need help? Sure, these are really heavy....could you perhaps take half? If you don't mind of course."

After recovering from my earlier example of how NOT to talk to a really pretty girl, I just nodded and took all of the papers off her, ignoring all her protests," Where do these need to go?" she seemed surprised at the confidence in my words,"r-room 345" she stuttered, she sounded a little flustered but I (regrettably) didn't see her face because of the huge tree in front of my own. We walked in silence, occasionally someone would pass by but we paid no attention and headed to our destination, I dropped the papers on a table in the room and brushed my hands off, she spoke," Thanks...sorry, what's your name?" I rushed to respond," Kyungsoo, Do Kyungsoo.....but you can call me D.O if-...if you want to... but d-don't feel like you have to, or anything." IDIOT. But...she smiled a blinding smile and I felt my heart beat stop and rush to re-start. No D.O! She has a boyfriend, she doesn't even know you! Why would she care about a stuttery awkward guy who she just met that day??!! "Thank you," she said, her voice cutting through my insults," D.O." then she waved and walked away, leaving me frozen staring at the door for a good few minutes, when I was sure she had gone I slowly sunk down to the floor and sat in a daze until the lunch bell rang.

At lunch, I was walking back to the library to grab my bags when I walked right into a wall...no, scratch that...a steel wall with titanium supports. I looked up, and up and met the eyes of...

Harrison.

(Y/n's) boyfriend.

Featuring friends.

He grabbed my collars," Let's have a little talk, yeah?" my eyes widened.

Well .

***Your POV:***

You went around the corner to be confronted by about five guys standing around in a circle. There was clearly something going on because they were crowding around someone. Getting closer, you could see that there were people in the circle, one much larger than the other. Harrison, you could spot him a mile away, towering over someone on the floor.

You ran over to see what was going on, pushing your boyfriend's jeering friends out of the way.

"This will teach you to stay the away from my girlfriend you little prick."

You couldn't register what was happening, why was Harrison talking like this? Who was on the floor? You saw him pick up the person on the floor by their shirt and draw his arm back to punch but you thought fast, grabbing his elbow just in time, making him jump and push you off, onto the floor. He turned around and noticed it was you he had pushed, eyes widening, he crouched down to see if you were alright, but you pushed past him to see the person he had been holding crumple to the floor.

"D-D.O?"

He was on the floor with the arm of his blazer ripped, his face beaten and bloody, hair messed and eyes closed. You crouched down next to your new friend, glaring at your boyfriend from where you were," Why is he like this? What did he do to deserve this?!" You were so confused, you didn't understand why Kyungsoo was basically out cold on the floor and your boyfriend hadn't explained anything yet.

"Look..Babe this -"

"Harry, he's not a . He's Kyungsoo. Now you better have a ing great reason as to why his face is beaten in." you were angry now. This wasn't the guy you fell for. He was nice, smart, charming. He didn't beat random innocent guys up.

"(Y/n), he was flirting with you."

"When?"

"This afternoon."

You gave an exasperated look, "He was helping me run an errand Harrison. He was being a gentleman, maybe you should take a page from his book. What's it to you anyway?" Sometimes a bit of jealousy can be cute but this was just plain annoying.

"Why? Do you have something to hide?"

"No, I was just wondering-"

"Because honestly, I wouldn't be surprised."

You stopped and looked at him square in the face, his friends OOOHH'ed in the background, bigging him up and boosting his confidence to meet your firey glare with a smirk.

"WHAT?!"

"Well yeah, you talk to boys all the time and you never wanna...yanno-"

"For S SAKE Harrison! Is that all you think about?! Is that the only reason you stay with me?"

Harrison hesitated. He actually hesitated. You were so DONE, suddenly, beneath you, you heard a groan,

"(Y/n)?" Kyungsoo opened his eyes slowly while trying to sit up with great difficulty," Why are you crying?" Your eyes widened and your fingers went to your cheeks, feeling the salty water beneath your finger tips." Don't worry about me Soo, worry about yourself." You looked towards Harrison and sighed before turning back to D.O," Let's go to the infirmary." You draped his arm over your shoulder and began to walk back towards the building, turning to Harrison on the way," Th-this is over. I don't know who the hell you are and I...don't actually care so..."

"(Y/n) are you taking the piss? You aren't breaking up with me." He broke forward while his friends started to creep away.

"Well...yes, I just said just then that I am. Bye head." You walked away. You didn't care. Honestly, you felt a weight off your shoulder, even then Kyungsoo was leaning on it. You looked at is face while walking; his big eyes stared ahead at the corridor in front of him, fighting for consciousness, his plump lips stained red because of blood, a large, dark bruise was appearing on his cheekbone. You cringed at the pain he must be feeling but didn't look away, you studied his feature wondering how a guy who could easily carry a truck load of paper with ease could get beaten up so badly.

"Is my face that bad?" In your daydream you had failed to notice D.O's coffee-brown orbs swivel to face you," N-no? Well yes but no. It looks kind of painful." He smirked then looked forward again,

"I'm sorry."

"About what."

"About your boyfriend."

You were honestly shocked, he was practically bleeding out where he stood and he was worried about YOU?! "D-don't worry about it. He liked me for the wrong reasons anyway. It's just-"

Kyungsoo stopped and looked at you, raising one hand to remove a tear from your cheek. You began to cry. This wasn't what was meant to happen, you were the one who broke up with HIM, you shouldn't be crying over him, but it hurt. Your sobs thickened and Kyungsoo pulled you to his chest in a hug, the roles completely reversed for the time being. You felt his lips lightly brush against your head and he whispered," Don't cry (Y/n). I'm here. I'll save you this time okay?"

You nodded into his chest before composing yourself and walking to the infirmary with him. You didn't really know what was to come, and you knew it was too soon to tell, but...You were happy in his company. You didn't care what happened to you as long as he was alright and there with you.

Maybe this was the start of something different, something better.

You looked at him as you walked the rest of the way, pinching the sleeve of his blazer. He slowly entwined his fingers with yours, not looking at you, cheeks slowly darkening. You smiled up at him, leaning against him a little as a reassurance and whispered,

"Thank you."

****

Thanks for reading! Tell me if you liked it, leave an upvote or comment, I love to hear from you all!

Love you guys!

The next request is a Baekhyun fluff! Stay tuned!