Reader X BTS Namjoon (Learning your words)

Kpop oneshots (open for requests)

"Annyeonghaseyo! Eotteohge jinae ? Nae ileum-eun. Sigan-ibnida. Igeos-eun eolmaibnikka?"

You mumbled random broken Korean phrases under you breath as you flicked through the god-forsaken textbook for the millionth-and-fith time, watching the romanised characters move around and not do much else. The pencil in your hand twitched a little and you groaned in exasperation, trying to get yourself to focus again and not feel drowsy as you sat on one of your kitchen chairs in the unforgiving light at an unforgiving time.

"Babe?" At the sudden break in the silence of the kitchen, you squeaked, jumped a foot in the air and closed the textbook, casually leaning on it as you turned to face your boyfriend of a year, Namjoon. "H-Hey Joon! W-hat are you doing up so late?" The man in question simply raised an eye brow and went to sit opposite, you, who was still trying to make it seem as though you didn't have a 700 page textbook under your arm." I could ask you the same thing to be fair." The pause that followed was his way of waiting for a response, something you hadn't though of as yet.

"I asked you first."

"I asked you second."

"That changes nothing."

"Fine," he said, chuckling a little," I was channel surfing, waiting for someone ,"he tapped your nose," to come to bed, but, they never came." He mock-pouted and you giggled at his face," The next thing I know I hear a noise from the kitchen of a dying whale of sorts and being the awesome, amazing, gorgeous, talented, loving-" You stopped him with a finger," Get to the point," He scowled," I came to see if you were ok. Now you have to answer my question."

"I-,"You hesitated a little so you panicked and said the first thing that came to your head,

" I...I was feeding the dog."

"We don't have a dog Y/n."

"I was painting my nails."

"I'm literally looking at your nails now."

"I was-"

"You were....?"

Dropping your head in defeat, you uncovered your cleverly disguised book and slid it over to him, not making eye contact, you cringed a little at the thought of him knowing your little secret and laughing at you.

"You are learning Korean?"

"....yeah..." you looked up to see your boyfriend flicking through the book in wonder,

"I thought you hated learning another language,"

"I do but-" He cut you off,

"OMO my Jagi is so cute!! Learning my language for me! Awwwwwwww."

"Namjoon! Stop! I was just sick of meeting your friends and stuff and not understand a word they say and its so awkward. I mean, I'm practically forcing you to speak English ALL THE TIME and that's not fair-"

"Y/n this is so sweet of you but you don't have to learn a whole language. Talking to you is great practice for me and I'm sorry that it's so awkward, I never thought of it before, my friends love you ( a little to much to my liking to be fair) but you're good practice for them too!"

"I want to be able to speak to your parents comfortably without the need for a translator." His smile softened a little at your words," You want to meet my parents?"

"OF COURSE! Plus I want to be more independent on my own. I haven't got my head completely around hangul yet but I'm getting there I think I just need to-" Your words were cut of once again by lips on yours, Namjoon was smiling into the kiss, making it even sweeter. He pulled back after a few seconds, leaving you a little dazed," I'll help you from not on okay? We can do this together so it's quicker and then you can come to bed earlier." You smiled and nodded at him from across the small space between you, admiring his sincere smile and excited eyes.

" I promise to be the best student ever!" you said pumping your fist, Namjoon laughed,

" Your so cute when you act so determined like that." He said," But for tonight, that is all missy, it's time for bed." You sighed but picked up your book and went to follow your boyfriend to your room; you watched his retreating figure before you suddenly surged forward and hugged him from behind,

" Gamsahamnida. Saranghae." he stopped and turned to pick you up bridal style, nuzzling his head against yours affectionately,

" Nado saranghae Y/n."

***

It is done. A Did you like this? Did you hate this? Tbh I wouldn't know so drop me a line or request! if you did like my drivle, upvote or subscribe! I hope to hear from you soon!

Luv Ya x