Kuhn (Up10tion) X Reader (request)

Kpop oneshots (open for requests)

I am now over three websites!!! This request for the Up10tion co-leader x reader comes from TARDISpieandmore from archive of our own so I hope you enjoy it!

***

You stood outside the door trying to keep yourself together as you waited (im)patiently for someone to notice your existence. You were soaking wet. You were carrying six huge bags of food and presents and SOMEONE had decided to forget to pick you up. Three bus journeys and countless swearwords under your breath later, here you were. You rang the doorbell again...scratch that, let's just say that the button was too scared to spring back into its original position because of the pressure you put onto it.

To say you were pissed was an understatement.

Just as you were about to give up, throw the bags down and leave forever, you heard a muffled voice from behind the door before it opened,

"AISHH! OKAY! I'm coming! OKAY....Oh Haaaaay Y/n!..." Standing on the other side of the doorframe was the person that had promised to pick you up from town, who didn't answer his calls and was currently steaming from a probably glorious shower. Kuhn, aka-

"No Sooil." You glared through your dripping hair up at him as his eyes were wide but they crinkled slightly as he quickly thought on his feet,

"I see what you did there... using my name to- wow! My beautiful girlfriend is so smart and funny!"

You were already gone, swerving to avoid his open arms as you carried all your bags inside, not asking for help, nor answering when your useless boyfriend offered to help. You walked into the main area of the dorm and called out,

"Boys!" blocking out Kuhn, who was now trying to towel off your hair as you did so, you listened to the nine pairs of feet that thundered from the games room. The rest of the Up10tion ran in and you were greeted with a ruckus of:" NOONA!!", "Are these for us?", "WAAAH food! Thanks Y/n-ah!"," Why are you soaked?",

"Wait... wasn't Kuhn-hyung supposed to..."

At Xiao's comment, the boys turned to look unapprovingly at their leader, Jinhoo just shook his head in the background. You sighed and motioned for the boys to help themselves before taking the towel Sunyoul had ran to get you, warmly smiling at him, and walked to the bathroom without another word.

After you had retreated to a warm shower and some more time to cuss under your breath, the boys were still silently glaring at Kuhn.

"What?" The brunet asked, bemused as he tried to act busy by folding and unfolding the damp towel in his hands, eyes darting side to side as he did.

"That's not cool, man." Jinwook (Jinhoo) said as he went to pick out the food and take it all in one bag into the kitchen, Kuhn pouted for a second before going to defend himself "I forgot! Okay??"

"Hyung, you were trying to add to your talent notebook for a whole two hours! Why didn't you keep your phone on?" Wei leant against the counter while interrogating. "Hey!" Kuhn said," You could've reminded me!"

Jinhoo returned," It's not our job to do that Sooil. This is on you, Y/n asked you to pick her up ages in advance and you promised her you would."

Finally, Kuhn realised that he had dug himself a difficult hole to get out of, he sank to the floor dramatically, hiding his face in his hands, Bitto patted his head before grabbing the new cap you had bought him and tried it on in the mirror," It's also been ages since she's seen us because of our schedule, at least a month, and she bought us all congratulations presents for the new song." He said under his breath as he admired the clash of the orange cap against his new green highlights.

"Way to make me feel better Changhyun... Agghhh I'm such an idiot!" Kuhn hit himself in the face before a chorus of "We know" was heard from above him, his head shot up and he glared at his band mates who all laughed and ran off, grabbing their gifts as they went. Gyujin was the last one to leave, he turned back and gave a thumbs up to the distressed elder," You can win her back hyung! Hwaiting!"

Kuhn just rolled his eyes before getting up and looking into the now empty bags, his eyebrows knit slightly at the realisation that his girlfriend didn't get anything for him... he probably deserved it though, he picked up the bags and put the away before going to his room and seeking out any clothes you may had left behind from sleepovers and shopping trips. Grabbing enough to make what he thought would be a comfortable outfit, he carefully folded each item and stacked them in a nice pyramid before leaving them outside of the bathroom door. As an added touch, he wrote a quick note with four lines of poetry on it (one of his many talents) and placed it on top.

Smirking at his handiwork, the co-leader walked off confidently to the kitchen to make your favourite hot drink.

***

You exited the bathroom (after checking the coast was clear) in your towel, steam drifting off your body. You felt much better, still pissed at your goldfish boyfriend, but better all the same. Your feet collided with something soft and you looked down to see the neat pile of clothes your boyfriend had left you with a letter on top, folded in half with your name, a smiley face and a love-heart on top. You sighed deeply but grabbed the clothes anyway and walked to your boyfriend's bedroom and locked the door.

***

His plan was going excellently; he had made the hot chocolate with whipped cream (handmade of course), with your favourite marshmallows and in your favourite mug. Kuhn's smirk couldn't get any deeper. In the background Sunyoul comforted a wide-eyed Hwanhee who seemed terrified of the elder's face. At one point, Kogyeol was being called by his girlfriend and the younger got up and left.

Now was the time to strike.

Kuhn got into position, leaving a perfect Y/n sized space next to him with a nice, soft cushion for you to curl up on, however, when you finally emerged, you weren't wearing the outfit he found for you, you were wearing one of Minsoo's shirts over the same leggings you were wearing earlier, hair tied up in the towel still. The glare sent towards the younger of six months could have frozen the ocean. Kuhn wasn't happy, what was wrong with his shirts? WHY Kogyeol of all people? Were they rivals now???!!

Luckily, not all of the odds were against him, you came over and sat next to him, feet curling under you as you did, just as he had predicted. You weren't leaning on him yet but he just had to be patient. Just as the smirk was crawling back onto his face, you reached forward and grabbed your mug off the table and took a sip of your hot chocolate. You paused for a moment and nearly everyone in the room noticed the tenseness in your shoulders. As quickly as you had lifted the mug, you lowered it and stood up, ten sets of eyes following you as you made your way into the conjoined kitchen and poured the contents of Kuhn's hot chocolate down the drain, cringing at its contents as you did. The man in question was currently gaping at you, eyes wandering between you (now coming back to sit next to Xiao instead) and the sink where his blood, sweat and tears had just disappeared.

The boys had returned to doing what they were dong before, leaving Kuhn to fight his own battles. You leant your head on the youngest member's shoulder as you absentmindedly played with Wooshin's hair as he sat in front of you, "I miss your hair Dongyeol... it reminded me of cotton candy. I admit, though, you look older now, I like it. And Pabo and Jinhoo have switched... Jinhoo looks good. Did you guys like you presents?" The boys smiled and nodded, Bitto had officially replaced his previous hat with his new one and turned it backwards as he challenged Wei to a game of Mario Cart, something he automatically agreed to.

All the time, Kuhn was dumbfounded, he didn't know what he did wrong, he apologised the best he could and you kept shooting him down. When he couldn't take the confusion anymore, he stood up and grabbed you by the hand and walking, not dragging, you to his room. As soon as he got in he let go and motioned for you to sit on his bed. You were confused but sat anyway. Suddenly, your boyfriend dropped to the floor and did a full bow,

"I'm really sorry Y/n! I forgot and I know it is all my fault! I'm sorry please forgive me." His voice was slightly muffled by his carpet but you got the message, he meant it. You chuckled and he looked up at you. You patted the space beside you and he sat, a little apprehensive at first.

"...I forgive you."

His head shot up to meet your eyes," Really?! Thank you!"

"I mean, I'm still annoyed at you for leaving me to catch a cold or die in the dark but other than that, I'm cool..." His eyes met the floor again,

"Yeah...I'm sorry."

After a moment of silence, he built up the courage to ask," Why did you throw away the drink I made you?"

"You mean the gravy powder in out of date milk? Why did you try to poison me?"

Kuhn froze and thought back to when he was making the hot drink... he was sure that he added the- ! 

He fell backwards and curled up on the bed in embarrassment and shame. He forgot that Sunyoul had cleaned the kitchen earlier and had moved everything, he even reminded Kuhn that they had to buy more milk. "ARGH I'm so sorry!! I'll make another one!" You stopped him, laughing so hard you were clutching your stomach," No, It's fine hon, I've had enough for today." Your boyfriend sat up again and asked you another question,

"How come you didn't wear the clothes I left you?"

"They were either too small or thin or both."

"Okay, why did you wear Kogyeol's shirt instead of mine?"

"You have LITERALLY no clean shirts in there, plus, I was still mad at you."

"Fair enough. What about calling me a pabo and complimenting all the other guys before?

"Oh I was just trying to piss you off," You laughed," What I said was true though. What is this? 21 questions?"

He chuckled and said," Okay, okay, final question... did you like the poem?"

You smiled up at him, "I loved it." You leant forward and hugged him, relishing in his warmth as you fitted your chin into the join of his neck, he smiled from behind, relishing in the moment, before speaking up again,

" One more question"

"You said that was your final one!"

"I promise!"

"Ugh fine..." Kuhn thought for a moment, maybe this was a stupid and selfish question but he had to know and you were now waiting for him to speak,

"How come I never got a present?"

You were quiet for a while before you retreated from his hold, he began regretting the question before you cupped your face in your hands cutely, "Do you have to ask oppa?" he smiled and laughed at your face and leant in to kiss your nose,

"I love it." You smiled but began laughing at him, relishing in his confused and amused expression,

"As much as I am a perfect present for anyone at any time," He nodded at you," I actually went the extra mile and bought you something as well." You reached forward into your handbag and pulled out a ling thin chain with a simple shaped disk hanging off it saying "Y/n's". It was just small enough to read and as Kuhn was admiring it, you pulled out your own one saying "Sooil's" on one side and "Kuhn's" on the other.

"I didn't know which name you would have wanted me to have so I got both, do you li-"

You were cut off with Kuhn's lips on yours, you could feel his signature lip curl in the kiss but you smiled to meet it, he pulled away first,

"Honestly, I would have been quite happy enough with you alone but you just topped it off for me."

You smiled and went to kiss him again before you stopped and sneezed harshly. You looked up and saw Kuhn trying to contain his laughter at your flushed nose," Say nothing Pabo or I'll take it back."

The smile disappeared as soon as it graced his face and he grabbed the blanket and put it over your head, ignoring your childish scowl, "I'll go and get you some soup! Don't worry, I'll check properly this time!" Before he left he lifted the blanket and kissed your forehead and both of your cheeks, leaving warm spots behind. He smiled and left the room to find you some soup, as soon as he was out of ear-shot you grabbed the small piece of paper from under the pillow and lay back to read it again, a small grin making its way onto your face as you read the terrible, beautiful poetry again:

I'm sorry I was such an enormous idiot,

I promise to be there for you next time,

Like your gorgeous knight in shining armour riding a chariot,

I love you so much. I am so glad that you are mine.

***

I hope you enjoyed this! x