Baekhyun X Reader

Kpop oneshots (open for requests)

I'M BACK!! I promised my next oneshot would be a Baekhyun one so I hope you enjoy!

****

You stood rigid, unmoving, hand clasped so tightly that you could feel your knuckles straining against skin and your palms begin to ache.

The door slammed to a close behind you, causing Baekhyun to jolt up in shock, He didn’t meet your eyes from across the room, deciding instead to duck his head in shame. He opened his mouth in a futile attempt to explain but he already knew it was too late. He exhaled shakily and held his tongue, somehow succeeding to curl even more into himself.

You took a step further into the room, trying to hold in tears of anguish as you took in more of the scene in front of you. He was still determined to look as small as possible as you approached, his mind racing and his hands slowly beginning to shake.

A metre away from him, you dropped your bag. The dull thud pierced through the silence in the room, making you so much more aware or your breathing and how much it had quickened in pace; Baekhyun seemed to be shocked out of his silence at the sudden noise and blurted out the first thing that came into his head,

“It isn’t… This isn’t what it looks like!”

He knew he sounded pathetic, he hadn’t planned for this to happen, no-one does.

Baekhyun’s eyes finally darted to yours and as soon as they met, he wished they hadn’t. He could see how upset you were in just a second of a gaze and it only served to make his stomach twist in agonising knots. HE had caused this pain in your eyes, this was all his fault, he had been too weak.

You huffed out an exasperated breath and you gestured to the scene in front of you,

“Are you sure this isn’t what it looks like?”

You cursed inwardly as your voice broke, now wasn’t the time to show weakness. You were so hurt and so confused. How could he do this to you? Your mind began to race through all of the possibilities as to how this could have happened and if there was any way this all could be just a bad dream. As the moments passed, you realised the nightmare was reality and you couldn’t wake up.

You couldn’t handle this right now, you needed time to think and collect yourself before facing your boyfriend again. You needed time to decide there was still hope for the two of you.

You turned to leave, willing yourself to stay calm and not cry in front of him. You heard a shuffle behind you and suddenly there was a hand on your shoulder,

“Y/N I’m sorry! I’m so sor-“

Your whipped around, flinging his warm and familiar hand of your shoulder and harshly cut him off, your words like sulphur,

“Are you sorry for what you did, or sorry you were caught?”

Baekhyun visibly flinched. You tried to forget the pain and sorrow in his face as you waited to see if he would answer. Once more, silence interlaced with ragged breathing permeated the air as you stood so close and yet so far from each other; once again, Baekhyun made to speak but decided against it.

“You promised. You PROMISED me!” You struggled.

“I know! I just…I’m sorry”

You looked sideways at him, taking in his face and how it was softly illuminated by the screen beside you. A single tear tracked down your face.

“I don’t care! You promised me that you would wait for me to get home before you finished the film!”

“I even bought popcorn!” You gestured wildly at the bag on the floor.

Sure, shutting down at work took longer than you thought it would and you had gotten side-tracked choosing between sweet and salty popcorn at the shop but there was no excuse and Baekhyun new it. You had been waiting all week to watch the end of the film after being interrupted last time by schedules and excitable band-mates.

Baekhyun grabbed the remote and paused the credits still mercilessly scrolling down the page behind the two of you,

“It’s fine, I can just rewind it and we can just forget about it” he fumbled, trying to make the situation better. He had come home after rehearsals and had come across the paused film; before thinking twice, he had pressed play, ignoring the guilt creeping up his throat.

“It wouldn’t be organic!” You exclaimed, throwing your hands up and dropping miserably onto the sofa, “you know how it ends, heck, even I know how it ends because you have been crying!”

You pointed accusingly at his face and her reached up quickly to swipe his cheeks,

“No, I haven’t!”

“Yes, you have, don’t deny it now you liar!” You turned away from him and he let out a quiet whine at his lack of self-control, moving to sit next to you on the couch in the semi-darkness. You weren’t happy to have him so close and made a point to move as far away as you could, leading to your side being painfully pressed into the arm of the chair.

“Look, Y/N, I’m sorry, I didn’t think before pressing play, I’m a terrible boyfriend.” He tried to get closer to you, gently placing his hand back onto your shoulder.

You mumbled from behind crossed arms “You got that right.”

His voice was low and close, “Is there anything I can do so you could forgive me?”

There was so much pain in his voice that you found yourself beginning to forgive him, but you stopped yourself, making sure to remind yourself how much this night meant to you.

You thought for a moment and, slowly smirked, finally turning to look at him properly. “Anything?”

Baekhyun had completely ignored your devilish smirk and shuffled closer to you with a serious look on his face,

“Absolutely anything.”

You chuckled darkly, moving to straddle his thighs, his serious look wavered ever so slightly and his breathing stuttered at the quick change in your mood. You moved to lower your face closer to his, eyes not leaving his,

“Ok then, I get to decide what films you watch for the rest of the month.”

He looked up at you, puzzled, unsure if this was a good thing or bad thing. Deciding it couldn’t be too bad, he smiled confidently, moving his hands to sit on your hips.

“Alright then, I’ll do that”

“Pinky promise?” You held out you finger sternly.

“Pinky promise.” He said determinedly, linking his little finger with yours and pulling your linked hands up so he could kiss your knuckles lightly.

“And because I decide what you watch, you aren’t allowed to watch the new Incredibles film until it is out on DVD.” You grinned down at him as you watched his face shift in realisation.

“WHAT!” He exclaimed, eyes going wide.

“Hey, you pinky promised!” You giggled, kissing him swiftly on the cheek and shifting to get up and grab the remote. Baekhyun slumped back and groaned, covering his face with his hands.

“You are evil! I was so looking forward to watching that, I even made plans with Jondae and Xiumin-hyung” He moaned.

“Well cancel or give me your ticket. You broke your promise, now face my wrath.” You shot back at him playfully, grabbing a bag of popcorn (sweet and salty because you couldn’t decide) and moving to sit next to him again. You offered him some popcorn which he took, begrudgingly.

You decided to try to ignore the fact Baekhyun had just watched the film and began to rewind it to where you had left off, you could still see him sulking out of the corner of your eye, but you wanted to finish the film, there was only half an hour left.

Three minutes in, you heard your boyfriend’s voice break through the darkness,

“The film wasn’t even that good, he died in the end anyway.”

Never have you tackled someone so fast.

 

***

Hey loveys, I hope you enjoyed this, I know it's a little short but I'm trying to get back into the swing of it x

Requests are now open again if you have any stories burning in the back of your mind x

Have a good day!