Donghwa Village

The Beauty and the Beast
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two men walked hurriedly through a thick forest, their steps were wide and fast, no words spoken between them as they were too focus on their pace and their belongings: shovels, hoes, bags; which unfortunately only slowed down their speed. Nervous look were on their faces; eyebrows curled, lips pursed and eyes scrambled frequently as if alarmed by their surrounding.

The pinkish sky could barely seen in between the oak leaves that were shadowing their path. The rustling sound of the trees and the cawing of the crows in the distance added the eerie atmosphere of the forest on the verge of dusk. Soon it would be dark, without proper lights on hand, people would be lost in that forest.

"Aw, Hyung! Why did you have to stop at the inn?" said one of the man, a tall skinny man who wore a white long sleeve t-shirt and a jeans that were two sizes bigger than his body, "You know we need to get out of the village at noon so we could pass the forest before dark! We should have just take the main road!" his annoyed tone was so apparent.

"Ya! Lee Kwang Soo... I had to take a dump. So what do you suggest I should do? Held it in and take it out in the forest instead?" the older man said, his fierce expression and buff body were enough to make any man intimidated, "You were the one who kept stalling to ogle at the girls in the restaurant!!" he scolded.

The tall man grinned nervously, "But you've got to admit, Jong Kook Hyung, the girls are pretty in Donghwa. Some are prettier than those in Seoul." Lee Kwang Soo blushed reminiscing the girls he just saw.

"Ya, Imma! They are all minors! Highschool students! They wouldn't go hang out in the diner inn if they weren't. You know how the girls in the village are sent to be married not long after highschool." Jong Kook said, his eyes darted to one of the trees for he thought he saw something moving.

"I'd wait for them if I could..." Kwang Soo smiled shyly.

"Tch! Are you sure you want to marry village girls who knows only about growing peaches and apples? They are taught to be housewives even in school. I don't think I would fall for a girl like that..." Jong Kook said while wiping the sweat under his cap.

"That's you, Hyung! To me, I like a girl who could cook and would only look at me..." Kwang Soo could not finish his sentence as he thought he heard something roared. "What's that?" he stopped walking and looked at the direction of the sound.

"What's what?" Jong Kook said, though it was clear that fear was on his eyes.

"Didn't you hear someone roar?" Kwang Soo looked at his Hyung, his guts shrank by the second. "Or was it something?" his voice quivered.

"Aniya... you heard wrong." Jong Kook diverted his eyes, not wanting to be caught on his lies. "Let's go, it will be dark soon." he pulled the tall man's shirt to make him walk.

They fell into another silence as they stepped even faster than before. After awhile they approached a junction made by rows of trees. It was clear that both of the path were often passed by humans, although one look clearer than the other.

"What do you think? The wolf village? Or the lake?" Kwang Soo asked pointing at the clearer path first.

"Wolf village would be very dangerous at night. Too much thugs." Jong Kook contemplated.

"And you don't think some unknown creature is not dangerous?" Kwang Soo voiced his concern.

Jong Kook eyes jumped from one path to the other, he knew he needed to make decision fast before the sun set even further. His heart raced since he was also scared and unsure about his decision.

"It's shorter through the lake, besides... we have weapon." he said pointing to his shovel. "It's better to kill a creature than human being. We could go to jail because of that..." he added while walking to the darker path.

"Ya! What kind of logic is that?!" Kwang Soo scolded, he contemplated to go to different direction; but when an owl cuckooed just beside him, he jumped and immediately ran after the older man.

Jong Kook soon regretted his decision as the trees were getting closer, the bushes were getting thicker and the sky was getting darker. The small flashlight on his hand did nothing to illuminate their path. He squinted his eyes to have a better view of his path.

And then they heard it again, another roaring sound.

Kwang Soo instinctively halted, his eyes widen. "Hyung... I heard it again!"

"Sikkeuleoun! Just walk faster.. I can smell water" the older man ignored the scare-cry of his friend.

"You heard it too, didn't you!?" Kwang Soo walked faster. "I think we're actually walking towards whatever it is that roared..."

"Aaarrggghhhhhhh!!" the roar was louder.

Jong Kook stopped, scrambled his eyes in fear and resumed speed-walking.

By then Kwang Soo could only cover his ears and chased his Hyung. Before long, they could see the sparkling water of a lake that shimmering due to the moonlight. Jong Kook sighed in relief. At least they were now in the open and the moon was bright enough to illuminate their journey.

"Great, all we have to do now is walk along the lake and we'll see the highway very soon." he said.

Kwang Soo glowered at Jong Kook, "Tell me honestly, you were scared, weren't you?! It was a wrong decision to go through this path. Wasn't it?" he chirped.

"Just shut up and walk..." Jong Kook suddenly halted and peered suspiciously on the edge of the forest on his right.

"What's wrong Hyung?" Kwang Soo asked worriedly.

Jong Kook suddenly jerked when a rustling sound was heard. The leaves moved even though the wind was dead. His eyes widened as his legs instinctively walked backwards.

"Hyung? Wae gurae?!" Kwang Soo started to yell.

"Run!" Jong Kook said, his instruction quivered but it was enough to make Kwang Soo widened his eyes.

"Wae?" Kwang soo looked at the forest that just caught Jong Kook's attention.

"Run, Kwang Soo-ya!!" Jong Kook screamed while running along the lake, making sure to be as far as possible from the forest.

Kwang Soo followed his lead and ran without knowing the reason. But he was soon able to guess why the Hyung that was notorious with his body and bravery was running like his life was depended on it.

Another roar echoed, leaves rustled, and branches cracked from the forest just a few steps from Kwang Soo. He looked back and could feel that whatever it was chasing him, it was getting nearer.

"Oh My God!" Jong Kook cried.

Kwang Soo looked forward to find out the reason of the frighten-cry. His eyes widened for the umpteenth time that night, knowing that they were running out of the clear path. Soon they need to come inside the forest again, which mean darkness and more challenging route.

"Hyung! What do we do now?!" Kwang Soo shouted.

"No other way, keep running. Take out your flashlight!" Jong Kook said while pulling his his own from the side of his bag.

Kwang Soo followed his lead and charged into the woods. He was only a few steps forward when he heard fast footsteps just behind him. His heart felt like stopping even though he was still running, the fastest he had ever been throughout his life.

"Hyung!" his voice caught in his throat. "Wait for m...Arrrgghh!!" his voice echoed all through the forest as a heavy weight fell onto his back, causing him to stumble right onto a large root of an oak tree, his flashlight was thrown a few meters in front of him.

Lee Kwang Soo instinctively turned his body, he had to squint his to get used to the darkness. But as soon as he could see better, he went bug-eyed as a large shadow was looming over him.

The shadow was of a creature that was very similar to human being, a very tall human though not as tall as Kwang Soo. He could not see the creature very well as it was wearing a large cloak that covering most of its body, but Kwang Soo noticed something from it. The smell, it was so strong and disgusting that it was almost inhuman. If he did not see the human-like figure, he would have thought that it was some kind of a beast in front of him.

"Please... don't hurt me!" Kwang Soo begged for his life.

His heart dropped to his stomach as the creature grabbed his collar, lifted him and pushed him to nearest tree. Kwang Soo gasped realizing the strength of the creature as he felt that both of his legs were lifted from the ground.

"No! Please don't kill me... I'm still a .." he pleaded under his breath since he was practically strangled by the mysterious beast.

"Who are you??" A deep, hoarse voice heard from inside the cloak. "Why are you here!!?" the last question sounded like a roar.

"I'm just.. just... a farmer passing by, to go to Seoul..." Kwang Soo stuttered.

"Liar!! You are here to capture me too, aren't you!?" the creature barked.

"Deh!? Aniyo.. I swear... I wouldn't want to meet you if I could.."

Kwang Soo could feel the creature approached his face, probably to smell him. He could finally see the face of it, or what seemed as face since it was covered by gruff facial hair almost on every surface. Kwang Soo was soon forced to distract hinself from looking its face due to the nauseating odor of the beast.

"I'm warning you..." it said while raising Kwang Soo even higher. Kwang Soo gasped when he could barely breath, his hands hit the creature's hand in his effort to break free. "Leave this place imme..."

The creature could not finish his words as it suddenly collapsed after a loud thud heard from behind it. Kwang Soo fell onto the ground, gasping and coughing.

"Kwang Soo! Get up! Run!" Jong Kook's voice sounded like curch bells.

Kwang Soo scrambled to gather his belonging and ran behind the older man. He was relieved that he was still alive although he was sure that his life span had just been shaved 10 years because of the incident.

"Hyung!!! I think it's still chasing me!" He shouted from behind.

"Run faster, I could see the highway already!! Tyo! Tyo!" Jong Kook screamed like a commander.

The footsteps behind Kwang Soo did not slowed down, if anything it sounded faster as they came to the edge of the forest. Suddenly a loud bang was heard from afar followed with a loud thud. Jong Kook halted abruptly for being alarmed causing Kwang Soo to stumble behind him.

"Did someone shoot it?" Jong Kook whispered. Their surrounding was now quiet, as quite as a cemetery.

Kwang Soo stood beside him, he was sure that the creature had been shot down. "I think so... This is great! Somebody is helping us!" he exclaimed excitedly.

"By who?" Jong Kook said suspiciously, to him it was still unclear whether the shooter was a friend or a foe.

"Who cares!? The important thing is that we're save. Let's..." Kwang soo said.

"Shh!! Did you hear that?" Jong Kook cut the younger man off.

"What?" Kwang Soo said, alarmed with the creature's imaginary footsteps.

"Did someone just ask for a help?" Jong Kook thought he heard a weak, deep voice cried for a help.

"Do you think it's the creature?" Kwang Soo whispered, the last thing he wanted was to have anything to do with that beast anymore. "Let's just go Hyung!" He said while tugging Jong Kook's arm.

Kim Jong Kook scanned his dark surrounding one more time, contemplating whether he should help the creature or run for his life. But because the unstoppable shirt-tugging of his friend, he reluctantly turned around and walked towards the edge of the forest.

Lee Kwang Soo sighed in relieve, he was worried that Jong Kook would go against his word like every other time, so it was natural for him to get especially excited, moreover he could already see the busy street after the forest. He smiled as he jumped in surprise when Jong Kook threw his arm on Kwang Soo's shoulder.

"So! You're still a ?" Jong Kook said, it was dark but Kwang soo could already imagine the teasing smirk on the guy's face.

Kwang Soo nervously chuckled, "Yeah, I think this would be my last night as a " he quipped.

Both men laughed, mostly because they were glad for being alive. They skipped to the end of the woods, completely missing out the lifeless body laid just a few meters behind them.

---o0o---

A screeching sound echoed in the break of dawn followed by clanking sound of rustic metal that bumped into each other as an old bicycle climbed down the uneven pathway of a humble traditional Korean home. The house had two small huts with a large yet unkept lawn, the thatches were knee high except for the sitting area in the middle of the front yard, the paint of the huts exfoliated but the house itself was very clean and tidy. One of the hut was the main house and the other looked like a workshop.

"Shin Hye-ya!!" a tall slightly plum man screamed from inside the house. He ran outside while carrying a paper bag. "You forgot your lunch!" he continued when he was on the shabby rock fence that surrounded the house area.

The girl who rode the bike stopped and turned around, she looked around for a few seconds then decided to abandon the bike to approached the man. Going on a slightly uphill climb with that bike would be such a hassle. She ran hurriedly to the fence, grabbed the paper bag and kissed the man's cheek.

"Gomawo, Appa! Biyaneyo..." she shouted while running back to her bike.

"Aigoo!! How can an 18th year old be so forgetful? Don't just stuck your nose to the book every second!!" His voice got louder as she rode further.

"Arasso, Appa!! Kan da!!" she exclaimed, waving the back of her hand to her dad.

The girl rode the bike hurriedly, she vigorously pedalled it through the forest and into an apple plantation that spread out as far as one's eye could see. The downhill path made the books inside the basket of her bike bounced due to the bumpy ride; but she just kept pedaling without showing any sign of tiredness. The chilly March-breeze hit her face; making her smile as she loved the free feeling that it triggered.

Once she passed the apple plantation and persimmon orchard, she entered the village that would lead to her school at the other end. The village was called Donghwa; and just like the name, it looked precisely like a fairy tale village with small homes that eventually surrounded the main square where a number of shops located. The village was slowly showing a sign of liveliness, it was as if she was the one who woke the villagers up from their slumber.

The hurry ride was a much needed one because it was already bright by the time she reached her school. She and the hundreds other student were swarming in through the school gate, excited look was on their faces as they welcome the first day of school. She jumped off from her bike and parked it, took the books from the basket and walked towards the building. She was on her fifth steps when she instinctively opened one of the book and read it, somehow she managed to reached the floor of her class while reading safe and sound. 

However just after she climbed the top step of the stair on the third floor of Donghwa Highschool, she felt her right legs got stuck on something, causing her to tumble and dropped all of her book all over the hallway. She frowned and instinctively look over her shoulder to find out what made her fall; exactly where a boy stood with annoying laugh.

"Ya! Park Shin Hye... what's so good about that book, that it made you fall like that??" said the boy who had a failed mohawk hair.

"Park Min Woo!! Grow up, will you!! You're a senior now!! Don't you think it's about time to stop harassing me!?" Shin Hye shouted.

"Stop being an easy target, then!" Min Woo said indifferently while walking through the hallway, he kicked one of Shin Hye's book so it slid further than before.

Shin Hye pouted, "Jerk!!" She murmured while rubbing her knee. 

Luckily she wore her training pants under the short skirt, so the knee did not hurt that much. And she was not even embarassed anymore since the same incident happened almost everyday last year. She got used of the jeering and mocking laugh of her friends that she stopped taking notice. All she wanted to do was to collect her book, go to her class and resume reading. The last chapter of her reading was so interesting, she needed to finish it before the homeroom teacher walk into the class.

 She was on the last page of the book when three girls came into the class giggling, the shrieking sound made her rolled her eyes since it distracted her from the finale of the story. The three girls kept giggling even after they sat on their respective seats which was sadly around Shin Hye.

"So are you going to go with me to the meeting?" said one of the girl who sat in front of Shin Hye, the prettiest one.

"Of course!!" said another girl who sat beside Shin Hye, "But I'm sure if you're there, none of the boys would notice us." she added with a pout, one of her hand twirled her ponytail.

"But still.. you need to come. There's no way I'll come to the meeting alone." the pretty girl's statement had Shin Hye paused her reading, she wondered how the other two girls would react.

"Geureum! How else would we have a chance to meet boys if not through you..." said the other girl with short hair. Shin Hye choked on her own saliva.

The three girls immediately glared at the girl who they did not notice before. "Eavesdropping much?" said the prettiest one.

Shin Hye scoffed, "Ya, Kim Ji Won.. It's not eavesdropping when you talk like your throat is made out of microphone. Even the homeroom teacher in the office heard you guys!! Ack!" She forcefully had to stop talking when someone head-pushed her. Once she overcame her shock, she glared behind her back and was annoyed to see the Mohawk boy there.

"Don't talk like that to my queen!" Park Min Woo indifferently said.

Shin Hye scoffed in disbelief, "Omona!? Do you like, have a crush on me or something? Why are you so mean to me?"

"Pfft, I know someday those book will ruin your head." he said while making circular movement with his index finger just beside his temple. "Or is it run in the family?"

Shin Hye went bug-eyed and instinctively stood up, "Shut up! My dad is not crazy!!" she smacked Park Min Woo's head, unfortunately he was faster and stronger, so he grabbed her wrist to block the attack. "Ack! Let me go!" Shin Hye screamed while struggling to get her hand released, "How can a guy do something like that to a girl?" she asked while sitting down, her left hand massaged the right wrist.

Park Min woo smirked, "No, I would never do that to a girl."

Min Woo's last remark made Shin Hye pout. Min Woo had always bullied her since she moved to Donghwa village a couple of years ago. But for the past year the bullying got worse and although she knew that she should just ignore them, the remark about not being a girl still hurt her a little bit.

Of course she was not the school flower like Kim Ji Won who was as artificial as the people in TV even though she was a village girl. But Shin Hye thought that she was not ugly. Hell! Some people said she was the most beautiful girl in the village, if only she would just put a little make up. Unfortunately for Shin Hye, she would rather spend her pocket money on books than lipstick.

"Ya Park Min Woo... that's too cruel even for her!" said the ponytail girl.

"Naah.. she wouldn't care. She knows nobody in this village sees her as a girl. She's just the loony's daughter." Min Woo said.

"Aren't you going to shut up!?" Shin Hye exclaimed, she was deeply offended by Min Woo's comment about her dad.

"Park Shin Hye?" A deep voice came from the door, it succeed in making the whole class scattered to sit on their respective seat, "What are you doing and why are you shouting. Have you gone crazy?" the man who owned the voice, walked in and stood in behind the podium.

The class laughed from the teacher's remark, Shin Hye's heart sank further. "Aniyeo, Teacher Kim" she said weakly.

"Cha.. Cha... stop fooling around children. You're a senior, it's time to think about your future. What do you want to do after highschool. Remember that CAT test is in November, so work hard!!" he said while scanning the class.

"Teacher Kim, do we really have to take the test? I'm not going to college anyway. My dad is handing me his farm, so I have to work there." a boy in the front said.

The teacher sighed, "Bo Gum-a, are you sure? Don't you want to go to college?" the middle-aged man said.

"Deh, Teacher. I'd rather work to get money than go to college but still worried about jobs afterwards." the boy answered skeptically.

"Jjogi Seonsaengnim?" a timid voice made the whole class turned their heads to the right side of the room. Shin Hye jolted from the attention, "I want to go to college... what should I do?"

The middle-aged man smiled warmly, "I had expected that you would. Where do you want to go, Shin Hye-ya?" he asked.

Shin Hye shrugged her shoulder, "I don't know... Seoul?"

The other students groaned, "Here we go again. A classic case of city girl who's too big for village life that she could not wait to leave after only 2 years lived as country bumpkins." Park Min Woo rolled his eyes.

"Ya! Park Min Woo... what's wrong with having a dream? You're the one who should be worry about your future. I bet you don't know what you want to do after highschool, right?" the teacher scolded. Shin Hye was surprised for being defended, she glanced at the man and mouthed a 'thank you', he replied with a wink.

"So for the ones who wants to go to college, what should we do, Sem?" Ji Won suddenly asked, which made the whole class slack-jawed.

"O?" Even the teacher was astonished. "Well, everybody should write their career choice and consult it with me afterwards, about your CATs test score. Usually it is mandatory for the students to attend the prep class everyday, but since the percentage of student in our school who went to college was so low in the previous years, such class is optional here." He sighed again. In fact it was his own personal program to do the prep class, not so much from the school. "So just come to me if you need one, and we'll arrange something. Okay?" he scanned at the room and stopped at Shin Hye.

"Deh, Sem!" Shin Hye inaudibly answered. She was now smiling brightly from the thought of having possibilities to run away from the village.

"Ya, Park Shin Hye! What do you want to be anyway? Carpenter like your Dad? Book store girl?" Min Woo asked mockingly.

"Ani!" Shin Hye barked, "I want to be a policewoman so I can smack!!!" she raised her hand pretending to hit him, the boy winced in fear, "people like you..."

Shin Hye immediately turned her attention back to the teacher, satisfied for being able to troll on the school bully. Park Min Woo looked up and pouted for being fooled, he looked at the girl in front of him in annoyance.

And just like that, the first day of school officially started. And as the students opened the textbook as told by the homeroom teacher, each and every one of them had their mind wandered to their dreams and goals. Shin Hye saw a picture of Admiral Lee Soon Shin's monument that was located in Seoul in her book. She sighed heavily and closed her eyes, praying that she could someday go back to her hometown.

---o0o---

The village Inn was the only hotel in Donghwa, it was located in the heart of the village just in front of the town square, where most of the business were also located. It was a humble three stories building with many windows and a simple diner on the first floor.

Park Min Woo and two other boys skipped on the pavement that led to the inn. They were still in their uniform and was goofing around with one another, Min Woo was particularly fond of trolling his other friends and created laughter among them.

Right before the main door of the Inn, he head-pushed one of his friends and disappear into the Inn, the friend tried to kick him but was too slow and ended up kicking the wooden door instead.

"Ya! Park Min Woo! Jugule?!" the head-push victim shouted, his face was cherry red form withstanding the pain on his toe.

"Bo Gum-a! Don't sleep too much during PE, you should practice your reflect more." The mohawk boy said in between his giggle.

"Grow up will you! You're intelligent level is on par with my kindergarten niece... Why can't you be more serious and start thinking about your future!" Park Bo Gum followed Min Woo into the diner and sat on one of the booth.

"Said the boy who doesn't want to go to college..." Min Woo mocked.

"At least I have a future... No woman would ever marry you if you keep your aimless life." Bo Gum chided.

"I don't need any woman.. Kim Ji Won-shi is enough for me." Min Woo stared lovingly at the ceiling.

"Keep on dreaming! Why would the prettiest girl in town wants to marry you?" the other boy said, "Ahjumma, two servings of ddeokkbokki juseyo!" he added to Min Woo's mom who just entered the dining area.

"Why wouldn't she? I'm the son of a successful business owner in town, I know most of everybody, residents and visitor. I'm the most popular guy in town! She would be lucky to have me..." Min Woo bragged.

"You won't be the son of the Inn if you keep sitting instead of helping me. Go get the ddeokbokki for your friend!!" The middle aged woman who was wearing a floral print working pants barked.

"Ah Eomma! I'm a guest too you know!" Min Woo protested.

"'Guest' my foot!! Go to the kitchen now, or I'll smack...!!" she raised her hand as if to hit him.

"Arasso! Arasso! Geez... why does women tend to smack me today?" Min Woo instantly jumped and disappear behind the counter.

The other two boys bursted out laughing watching the mother-son antics. "It's because you deserved it, Imma!" the other boy shouted, knowing that Min Woo would still be able to hear him.

"Wae, Yeon Seok-a? Did he harass that poor girl again?" Min Woo's mother stood akimbo in front of the boys' booth.

"Deh, Eommoni. He tripped Shin Hye and called her names like always." Yeon Seok smiled mischievously.

"Ya! Yoo Yeon Seok! You!!!" Min Woo's panic voice was heard from the kitchen followed with a series of thuds from the collision between metal items and the floor. It was as if raining pan in the kitchen.

The two boys' laugh got even harder while the mother rolled her eyes and rushed into the kitchen. Moments later the Mohawk boy came out carrying two bowls of korean spicy rice cakes, he was winching as if in pain and walked carefully towards the booth.

"Can't you shut up about the whole Shin Hye thing to my mother?" he shot daggers at Yeon Seok.

"Why do you hate her so much? Your mother seems to like her?" Bo Gum said while grabbing one of the plate.

"It's pity! She does NOT like her!" Min Woo barked.

"Even if she likes her... what's wrong with that? She's pretty, she's smart..." Yeon Seok mumbled with a mouth full of rice cakes.

Min Woo scoffed disgustingly, "Her dad is crazy! Do you want to marry a lunatic's daughter? I hear craziness is hereditary!" Min Woo replied animatedly.

"Nope! I don't think it is.. your dad seems fine to me!" Bo Gum chided.

"Ya! Jugule?" Min Woo pouted at the mockery. "And don't tell me you didn't laugh when I annoy her. Stay silent is just as bad as bullying, you know!" Min Woo retaliated, his statement made both of his friends hung their heads in embarrassment.

"What's this I hear about bullying?" a deep voice from Min Woo's back suddenly chimed in, the three boys looked up expectantly as if already guessed the owner of the voice. "Are you guys bullying someone at School?" a handsome man walked towards the boys' booth, he was at least five years older than them. His face was dark as he stared sharply at the boys.

"Hyung..! Waso!?" Min Woo stuttered, he turned to his two friends to signal them to stop their discussion about Shin Hye. "Anieyo! We're just goofin around. A little prank never hurt, if anything it only made us closer" Min Woo said nervously. His two friends looked at him in awe for his wittiness.

The older man looked at the boys alternately, he squinted his eyes for not believing the answer. After awhile his face softened, "If I caught you bullying someone, I swear to God, I'm going to kill you myself! And you can kiss your chance to go to Seoul with me, goodbye!" he threatened while sitting on the empty seat beside Min Woo.

"Deh, Hae Jin Hyung..." Min Woo nodded his head obediently.

"Wait? So you want to go Seoul? Like vacation? Or College?" Yeon Seok asked, he actually stop eating for being too taken aback by the info.

"Tch! Do you think a country bumpkin like him has enough money to go on a vacation to Seoul?" the older man said. "I'm mentoring him to be a reporter. Photographer to be exact. I'm Clark Kent, he's Jimmy!" he bragged with a wink. Min Woo's smile grew as he perked up from Hae Jin's acknowledgment.

Yeon Seok and Bo Gum looked at each other for a few seconds before they laughed maniacally. "Seriously, Hyung!! Can you even trust this guy to be able to pick up your lesson at all?!" Yeon Seok shouted in between his laughter, he put his chopsticks down to wipe tears from his eyes.

Min Woo pouted from the jeers, he got even more upset to see Hae Jin laughed with them. "I know, right. It seem like a losing bargain to me too." Hae Jin nudged the boy.

"Ya! I'm going to show you all! I'm going to be a successful potograper in Seoul and the pictures that I take would be in Seoul Herald! Right, Hyung?" Min Woo asked for any support from the reporter.

The laugh got even harder, "Aigoo, it's 'Photographer', learn how to pronounce it first, will you!" Bo Gum quipped. "Hyung, just give up! He'll never make it as your wingman." he waved his hand to make a point.

"Do you guys wanna bet?" Min Woo shouted, his pride was so hurt from the mock fest. "If I get to be a successful photographer, you have to spend the night inside the Donghwa Mansion, ALONE!" he put his fiercest face on.

"Sure! Why not! I know for sure you won't become one!" Bo Gum smirked confidently.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter