6. The Fate

My Name is Jung Yein

A black-haired boy walks in a hospital's corridor. He immediately sets his step toward the inpatient room. He smiles at some nurses in his way that already know him. He keeps walking until he finds the door where Yein is hospitalized.

He peeks toward the small window on the door. Irene who's sits on the chair beside Yein realizes Jungkook's presence. She gestures to makes Jungkook come in then. Jungkook open the door, then as usual, he'll has some chit-chat with Irene before Irene finally leaves the room. Leaving Jungkook who always ask to have a private time with Yein.

Jungkook steps forward, slowly approach Yein. He puts a red rose in the vas on the desk beside the room's bed. There are four red roses there including the last rose that Jungkook just put in, which mean it's Yein's fourth day here and also Jungkook's fourth day to visit Yein. Yein actually doesn't get many visits from her friends, just her closest friends come to visit her in her first day in hospital. But different from the other, Jungkook decides to visit Yein everyday.

Jungkook's sight moves to the girl that sleep in front of him because of coma. She hitted by a car a few days ago, but luckily there is no such a big damage to her body because the car was in the middle way of braked when it crashed Yein. Yein get a fracture in her leg, right in the place where the car crashed her. She fell to the ground after crashed so it's also injured her head. That's why she is still unconscious until now. But doctor said that there is just a minor wound in her head so nothing to worry about. She will wake up less than a week after the accident, said the doctor.

Jungkook's hand slowly carress Yein's cheek. It looks like she has a peaceful sleep, he thinks. He sighs. It makes him suffers but also happy to sees Yein like this. Whatever the doctor said, deep inside he is worried about Yein's condition. He misses her smile, her innocent grin, her sweet voice, everything about her. He misses the time he spent with Yein that always makes him filled up with joyful feeling, even since their first meet.

But also, he is a little bit thankful with this accident. It takes away Yein's burden. If Yein is fully healthy by now, she would be suffering by thinks of her messed up life everyday. It's painful for Jungkook to sees Yein is being hurt. She doesn't deserve to experience those feeling, right?

Seeing her right now, Jungkook is smiling. Looks, she has a peaceful sleep. She doesn't need to worry her suspension or anything since she is in hospital now.

Jungkook pulls the chair next to the bedroom, then sit there. He holds Yein's hand tightly then starts talking to her, like what he did everytime he came here. Act as Yein will hear his voice barely.

"Hey, how are you?" he smiles widely.

"It's me again. I know you bored of me who talk nonsense to you everyday, perhaps" he chuckles slightly then.

"But even I see you every day, I keep missing you..." said Jungkook again, inhales deeply.

He starts to talk about the school then. About their task that really appreciated by the teacher and get the highest score in the class. About people who start have suspicion on Yooji because day by day she become more cruel to everyone, even to her cheers friend by now. He also talks about random things like there is a new cafe open near their school, perhaps he will ask Yein to go there with him someday. Also he tells Yein that Yoongi, his closest friend, is now getting close with Yein's bestfriend, Umji. Basically he talks about everything that passed by inside his mind.

Because he loves to spend his time with her, whatever he does.

It has been an hour when Irene come back to the room. Jungkook knows it's time for him to go home, but some things bother his mind lately.

"Hey noona, can I ask you something?" said Jungkook, stands beside Irene who sits on the only chair in the room.

"Sure, what do you want to ask?" said Irene, turns the chair a little bit so it's facing Jungkook now.

"Umm..." Jungkook rubs his nape, doesn't know how to starts the conversation. "Yein... is an orphan right?" said Jungkook, decides to asks to the point.

Irene is a little bit startled with Jungkook's question. But then she nods slowly. "Yes, she is," answered Irene, shortly.

"How...or why?" asked Jungkook again.

Irene inhales deeply before answers. She tells Jungkook about the fire accident that took Yein's parents and house. She tells him everything, not misses every details of the story. Jungkook listens to Irene carefully.

"So... that's it. I always want to asked Yein before, but everytime she talked about her parents, her face turned sad immediately..." said Jungkook. He finally understand now about Yein's past.

"I know it. That's why neither I never ask or talk anything about her parents and her past," said Irene.

"She must be lucky to have a cousin like you," said Jungkook, sincerely.

"She is more lucky to have you in her life," Irene smiles faintly.

She continues her remark after a lapse.

"Well... I'm so busy with my study and my job. I actually doesn't give much attention to her. She even rarely to meet me. I bet it's hard for her to do everything alone in her life. But she never complains, I even just know about her difficult time at school after this accident. Your teacher told me," she inhales deeply as a lapse again.

"You know, I see what you did on the balcony the time when you come to my house," Irene chuckles. Jungkook's eyes widen like it's say 'really?', also he starts to blush slightly.

"Don't worry. I won't blame you on it. I even thankful that there is another person who can takes care of Yein, beside of me," said Irene.

"I... I just..." Jungkook doesn't know what to say, he rubs her nape awkwardly.

"It's okay," Irene chortles. "Thank you for take care of Yein. For accompany her in her difficult time. You do the job better than me," said Irene, sincerely.

"S- sure. No need to say thanks. I'm glad to do that," Jungkook says in awkward voice. Irene can't help but smiles at Jungkook's reaction.

The room is quiet for a few second until Jungkook open his mouth to say goodbye because he must going home now. Jungkook walks toward the door after talks a few goodbye sentences to Irene.

Jungkook walks in the hospital's corridor while thinks about something. He is pleased because he finally know about Yein's past. But now, it's time to work about Yein's future.

How to makes her can enjoy her school time after she recovered later?

Basically, how to reveal Yooji's wickedness?

 



It's seven o'clock in the morning when Irene is having breakfast in Yein's room. Anyway, she permits to leave for a few days from her college and her job just to take cares for Yein. She sits beside Yein and about to finish her breakfast, when suddenly Yein's finger move slightly.

Irene's eyes widen. Yein's head is moving too now. It's like she is about to wake up.

Irene rushes to press the button, calls the nurse. And in a few second, they come. Irene tells them about what she just see.

About fifteen minutes later, Yein is fully awake. The first thing that comes up in Irene's mind is to tell Jungkook about this. She takes Yein's cellphone in the desk then text something to Jungkook.

Yein    : Yein is already wake up! -Irene

And Jungkook's reply is comes immediately. Irene wonder if Jungkook open his cellphone in the class, but then she ignore those thought.

JK    : Really? Then I won't go there again perhaps

Irene's eyebrows furrows as she reads message from Jungkook. Normally he must be happy, right?

Yein    : Why?

But Jungkook doesn't reply anymore. Irene is wondering what happened with this boy? It's weird.

 


 

"Why..." Jungkook muttered himself.

Jungkook is in the classroom but he opens his phone stealthy. It's easy for him since he sits in the rear corner of the class. The teacher is speaking about their country's history, which Jungkook really doesn't want to pay attention to. He stares at his phone, doesn't know what to answer to Irene by now. He decides to ignore it then put her phone inside her uniform's pocket. Yoongi beside him notices his friend's odd behavior.

"Hey, what's wrong?" said Yoongi with a low voice since the class is now really quite.

"Yein wake," said Jungkook shortly.

"Really? Then why are you not happy?" asked Yoongi.

"I...can't meet her again then."

"Huh? Why?"

Jungkook sighs hardly before answers. "I need to stay away from her. Her life will get worse if she stay close with me, and it hurts me too you know. I need to make a distance at least until I can prove that Yein is innocent. I have a plan," said Jungkook.

Yoongi furrows his eyebrows as he thinks, then nods as he understand.

"It's up to you then. Hope you'll success with your plan," said Yoongi, shrugs then pats Jungkook's shoulder.

"Thanks," said Jungkook, forced a little smile.

 



And two hours later, Irene is already have a talk with Yein. Yein is listening more than talking. Even if she talks, her voice is still very weak.

"Anyway, Jungkook is come here everyday," said Irene.

"Really...?" said Yein. Her voice is like a whisper, but her eyes widen as she actually excited.

"Yes. Looks at the roses there. It's all from him. He brought a rose everytime he came. He always ask to have a private time with you here. And all I can see is he talks to you like you can hear his voice," said Irene.

Yein silent as she doesn't know what to say.

"But after you wake, he refuses to come here again. I wonder why. Do you know why?"

Yein shakes her head weakly as a respond, a little bit sad at her heart.

"He really loves you, Yein," said Irene.

Yein gulps. She knows. And she loves him too. She suddenly misses him.

"But he mustn't..." her weak voice crack a little bit.

"I know what's going on your mind. Believe me, everything will be okay. You don't need to be afraid of your evil friend. Love has a strong power to fight against the evil power," said Irene, then chuckles herself for what she just said.

"It may sounds like a fairytale. But really, you must believe in the power of love," she continues.

 



As a kind girl with a really pure heart, Yein actually doesn't like to burden more on Irene's life like this. She's already at home, but the doctor forbid her to go to the school for a few weeks more. She must use a crutch if she walks, so there is so many things that she can't do by herself. It forced Irene to takes more days of leave from her job, which actually hazard her position in her office. A few times, Yein hears her older cousin talks to her boss in the phone and it sounds not good. What can Yein's ears catch from the conversation is Irene's boss keep asking about when will Irene end her leave period. And her boss sometimes threaten that he will fire Irene if she got absent for a long time.

Yein already thought about this idea since she was still stay at the hospital. She writes a letter and left it in the desk, in an unoccupied room in the first floor. Yein's room moved there since it'll be hard for her to walks upstairs. She makes sure that she's already packs enough stuffs for a few weeks in her backpack. After everything is ready, she brings her backpack, opens the windows, then go outside. She flee and run away from this house without any permission, so Irene doesn't need to take care of her.

 



Yein finally found a modest apartement not far from her school. Those apartment is a three-storey building with three residences in every floor. The owner of the apartement is live in a deluxe house right beside those apartement. It seems like it's a small family who live there.

Yein open the door to her apartment for the first time. The owner—a businessman, about 45 years old—apologize to her for he can't accompany her to looks inside her new apartement. He have some other things to do. But he said he already leave a message for his son to visit Yein right after his son going home after school.

Yein steps to her new place where she will live for a few weeks. She pay attention at every room, the furniture, the decoration, everything is good. Actually the most good thing about this modest apartment is it's cheap enough so Yein can pay with her own savings.

Yein locks the door then decides to sleep, since she doesn't know what to do. But a few minutes after her slumber, someone knocks her door.

"Perhaps it's the owner's son," said Yein after immediately wakes up, shrugs.

She walks toward the door then open it and-

"Jungkook?"

"Yein?"

They say each other name at the same time, shocks at the fate that makes them meet in this kind of situation. It's silent for a few second while they busy with their own mind. They actually miss each other.

Jungkook can't deny his faster heartbeat and the sensation of butterflies in his stomach. He really want to hug her, like the last time he hug Yein. But he knows he can't. He need to make a distance from Yein until the case closed. He don't want too, but he must. All of Yein's burden is basically come from him, he thinks. No more makes Yein suffers, she deserve a better life. He would do anything to makes Yein happy, even if it's hurt himself.

Yein feels the same as what Jungkook feels. Her heart beats very fast and loudly until she feels afraid that Jungkook will hear the voice. Deep inside her heart, she wishes for Jungkook's hug right now. It's feel comfortable there like she want to stay there forever. She is happy to see Jungkook's presence here actually. But she tries to hide her smile.

It ends up awkwardly because no one knows what to say or what to do.

"So... what are you doing here?" Jungkook finally the one who starts the conversation.

"I move here," said Yein.

It's silent again for a few seconds.

"I move because I don't want to burden more on Irene's shoulder. I flee from house without any permission," Yein continues.

Jungkook just nods. He knows he must go from here as much as possible because seeing Yein here but he can't hug her or carress her and basically can't do nothing for her is really a torture for him. A new fact that hurt him more is now Yein need to take care for herself, which must be hard. She even use a crutch for walks.

"Uhm, are you have such a problem with this house? Because I need to go since I can't stay here forever," said Jungkook quickly, with a flat tone.

Yein blinks her eyes a few times. Is Jungkook mad? He never been like this to her before.

"What's wrong with you?" Yein asks immediately.

"Just answer my question," said Jungkook, he is now seeing somewhere because he can't look into Yein's eyes. It's too hurt.

When she sees Jungkook right in front of her a few minutes ago, Yein feels so delightful. But her feels broke into pieces when she feels Jungkook is kind of sick of seeing her. But why...?

"N- nothing. Everything is good," said Yein with a shaking voice. She wants to cry and she doesn't know why.

Jungkook actually notices the change in Yein's voice and facial expression, but he pretend like he doesn't know.

"Good. Have a nice stay here. Call me or my father if you need something," said Jungkook, still with a flat tone and looks at another direction.

"S- s- sure, I will. Bye," Yein immediately close the door because her eyes already teary and she doesn't want Jungkook to see it.

Yein lays her back at the door, then starts to fall on the floor. Her crutch already falls before her. She sobs really hard. She hugs her knee and lay down her head there. She feels hurt inside her chest, really hurt that even more hurt than her leg. Why is it so hurt to sees Jungkook isn't care about her anymore? What happened to him? At this moment, she really knows how hard she falls for this boy. Jungkook is Yein's first love, and it's really hurt for being ignored by the one you love. The worst thing is Yein doesn't even know why.

On the other side of the door, Jungkook does almost the same thing with Yein. He freezes for a few seconds after Yein closes the door. He clenches his hand then punch hard the wall.

"Stupid you, Jungkook! Damn!" he repeatly hits the wall.

He is frustated. He is cursing as he scolds himself for what just he does to Yein even if it's necessary. He feels so guilty and so stupid like he hates himself the most by now for hurts Yein. He sits down in the floor, lay his back at the door. He inhales deeply and tries to calm himself, but he still can't forgive himself for making Yein cries.

"I really must pay for this..." said him.

 



Jungkook is in his room now, sits in his messed up bed and stare at the windows beside him. After take a bath to cool down his heated mind, he suddenly get an idea about how to reveal the evildoing who done by Im Yooji. He immediately looks for her phone, which he find it on his study desk. He quickly texts Yooji.

"Can we meet tomorrow after the school? :)"

Send.

Jungkook chuckles at the smile emoticon he gives at the end of the sentence. He do it on a purpose. Yooji will think about he will ask her for go out or something, so she won't hesitate to accept his request.

 



It's so funny when I think I miss Suga in my own fiction, but I don't know where to put him lol 8') And I decides to put crack otp in this fic as a cameo, SugaxUmji. Yeay! xD

The next chapter maybe the last chapter for this story... O u O I already think about another story, but can you help me suggest the cast? I want to make someone from GFriend as the main cast, but I don't know who... I also don't have any idea about the lead male cast. Should it from BTS again or from another group? You can comment below if you have any suggestion! ^^

Thank you for your support! I love to read all the comment since it build up my mood for write~ ^o^