4. What If

My Name is Jung Yein

"Bro, it was a nice shoot! You save our team, congratulations!" said Jimin while do a high five with Jungkook. The two of them walk to the side of the court. Sweat makes their clothes and their body getting wet, so do the three other players. They're exhausted, but so happy. How not?

"Hey Captain, you are the best!" said Yoongi, one of the player too. He suddenly appear from behind Jungkook while pats Jungkook's shoulder a few times. Jungkook, the team captain, just glances and smiles at him. He still trying to catches his breath.

"I'm so proud, you guys are the best," said Seokjin, one of the substitute player, gets up from the chair and raises his hand as he waits for his friends to give a high five to him. Hoseok, another substitute player also do the same. Jimin, Jungkook, Yoongi, Taehyung, and Namjoon pass them a high five one by one.

Yes, they just win a basketball championship. They're so satisfied with their achievement. All their hardwork are pays off. They are so happy and even do some crazy stuffs after they receive a trophy. The trophy even almost falls when they dance crazily while their captain holding the trophy. They just laugh at Jungkook's expression when it happened, somes are teasing their captain for his carelessness. They celebrate it with sing and dance after that, along with the cheerleader team too since they also win the best cheerleaders team. Anyway, most of the basketball team member are have a girlfriend from the cheerleaders team.

The craziness is done. They're now about to going home, when suddenly Yooji the cheers captain, approaching Jungkook.

"Hey Jungkook," said Yooji, cheerfully with a wide grins while coming to Jungkook who packs his stuffs to his backpack.

"Oh. Hi," said Jungkook, uninterested and doesn't pay attention to her at all.

"Uhm, are you busy tonight-"

"Yes, I'm busy," said Jungkook cuts Yooji's remark, still focused at his backpack.

Yooji pouts slightly. "I... wanna ask you to go to my home to celebrate our victory. There'll be some of them too," said Yooji while looks the other cheers and basket member when says 'them'.

Jungkook finally pay attention at her. Yooji—with a questioning lookwaits for Jungkook to reply, while Jungkook thinks that the celebration will be a double date or triple or quadruple or more, actually. What if the only person with a 'single' status in the celebration is Jungkook and Yooji? It's not impossible that Yooji have planned all of this so she can spend her time with Jungkook. She is so cunning, indeed. But it does make sense.

"I won't go, I think," said Jungkook.

"Why...?" said Yooji, with a begging expression and puppy eyes.

Jungkook sighs. 'That face doesn't work for begging me...' said him in his mind.

"I want to do my assignment with Yein tonight," said Jungkook, bluntly.

Yooji's expressions slowly turn into an anger when she hears that name. But she quickly cover it with a smile so Jungkook doesn't notice it. Although she knows that she is a bad girl, she always want to look kind in front of Jungkook.

"I see. Well, have fun then!" said Yooji with a forced cheerful tone, because actually she is so distempered after knows that the boy she likes for a thousand years, give more attention to the girl that just comes a few seconds ago to their school.

"Yes, sure," said Jungkook then a little bit relieved after Yooji finally go.

The black-haired boy gets up while wearing his backpack then his friend-the blonde-guy-approaches him.

"Let's go home," said Yoongi to Jungkook. The two of them wave a goodbye to their friends then.

"You're not going to the celebration?" asked Jungkook while walking side by side with Yoongi.

"No. I know I have a same reason with you about it," said Yoongi.

Jungkook replies with a slight chuckles. One of the reason why he can be a bestfriend with Yoongi instead of the other member in basketball team is because this blonde guy have no interested at all to the cheerleader girls, same with Jungkook. Another boys always ask Jungkook why he never date a girl eventhough every girls adore him, but only Yoongi knows the reason even without asking why. Jungkook doesn't like all of the girls who adore him. They're really not his type. Yoongi himself have ever date a modest and reticent girl from another class, but only lasts for a month since those girl suddenly become overprotective to him. Yoongi's type is like that, not a girl that always put make up 24/7 on her face, just like the cheers girls.

"Anyway, I'm not going home eventhough I'm not going to those celebration. I'll go to Yein's house to finish my assignment," said Jungkook.

Yoongi freeze while furrows her eyebrows at Jungkook. Jungkook notices his bestfriend facial expressions and laughs.

"What's wrong with it?" asked Jungkook.

"Bro, the sky is already dark. You're going to her house at this time? Are you going to have a date with her?" said Yoongi, exaggerate it.

"W- what are you saying? I just want to finish my assignment!" said Jungkook, awkwardly rubs her nape as his face turns red a little.

Yoongi laughs hardly after seeing his friend become so awkward. Jungkook glares at him.

"Laugh more and I will kill you," said Jungkook, pretend to keep walks and leaves Yoongi behind.

Yoongi quicken her step and to walks beside Jungkook after he done with his laughter. They separated after they arrive at the parking lot and ride their own motorcycle respectively since they will go to different way.

Jungkook can't help but smiles while riding his motorcycle to Yein's house. He even hums along his way. He increases his motorcycle speed so he can arrives quickly. He always excited when thinks about he is gonna meet her.

'Well, maybe I must confess to her soon...' Jungkook says in his mind.

A few minutes later, he arrives at Yein's house. He parks his motorcycle in front of the house then put off his helmet. He looks at rearview mirror of his motorcycle, make sure that he looks good. He walks toward the door then knocks a few times. Irene opens the door not long after that. She asks Jungkook to come in and says that Yein is in the balcony. Jungkook nods and say thanks to her.

Jungkook immediately walks upstair after have a little chit-chat with Irene. He slow down his step when he is about to arrives at the second floor. He can feels cold night breeze in his body because the door to balcony is open. He walks slowly to the balcony then smiles as he sees Yein sitting on the bench next to the door. She is reading a book as the wind blow her hair slightly, hasn't realize Jungkook's arrival yet. Jungkook freezes as he feels his trembling heart, seeing the girl in front of him that he thinks so pretty makes he can't even blinks.

"Oh. You've already here," said Yein while turns her head from the book to Jungkook after she realize his presence a few moments later.

Jungkook blinks a few times after hearing Yein's voice. Yein closes her book then put it beside her on the bench. She gets up from the bench then pass by Jungkook, gets into her house. She goes to her room and takes their assignment stuffs. She brings it to the balcony then, where Jungkook already sits on the bench. Yein put the stuffs on the floor and sits beside it.

"Umm... better we do it here," said Yein, gestures her hand to make Jungkook sits on the floor just like her.

Jungkook smiles briefly before answers, and he don't know why. "Oh, okay then," said him then sits beside Yein.

They starts to finish their assignment then. Maybe this is the last time they work on it since it's almost done and luckily the deadline is still about one week later. Some of their friends even just start it a few days ago, but because of their hardwork, theirs is almost done. Of course it's also because they enjoy to do it. Because they enjoy to meet with each other, to work with each other, even to do nothing with each other.

 



It has been 2 hours since Jungkook's arrival when Irene walks upstairs with two cups of hot chocolate on the tray in her hand. She walks step by step carefully in the stairs. When she is already in the second floor, she stops her step all of a sudden when she sees her lovely cousin is sleeping in the prone position while still holding a pen in her hand. Seems like she is accidentally go to sleep while the boy—her friend—is smiles as he looks at her. He even at Yein's hair a few times. At that time, Irene can't help but smiles too. Suddenly, that boy tries to carry up her cousin. Quickly, Irene walks behind the wall and hides. She watches those occurrence silently. Those boy gently lift up Yein's body, her pen falls from her hand as she moved her body slightly. Maybe she is so tired. Those black-haired boy carries Yein and enters the house then opens the door toward Yein's room near there. He gently laid Yein in her bed, she moved slightly again in her bed. He cover Yein's body with blanket then. He chuckles as he thinks that Yein is really cute when sleeping. He feels his heart trembling and he can't hold it. There is also many butterflies in his stomach, he feels strange yet he enjoy it. Slowly but sure, he closes his eyes then draw his face closer to Yein's face. He touches Yein's forehead with his lips, kisses her and stay still like that for a few second. He opens his eyes as he raise back his head. He caress Yein's cheek softly then leave her there. He closes the door silently then back to the balcony, continue to finishes the tasks by himself.


And Irene watches all of it. She smiles as she is happy for her cousin. It's nice to see that there is a good boy who can takes care of her cousin well. Hopefully this boy can also erases all of Yein's sadness after the accidents that happened to her, Irene thinks.

Irene slowly approaches Jungkook, pretend that she just coming by now and didn't see anything.

"I make hot choco for you two... Hey where is Yein?" asked Irene when she can only see Jungkook and some messed stuffs spread in the balcony. She carefully kneeling down then puts the tray on the floor.

"She is already in her bed," said Jungkook, shrugs a little and tries to hides his smiles. Pretend like just nothing happened.

Irene nods as she sits in front of Jungkook. "Ah, I see. She rarely to sleep late at night, indeed," said her.

Jungkook nods as a reply, don't know what to say.

"How about you? Is it okay to stay here until night?" asked Irene.

Jungkook chuckles. "Of course it's okay. I even often practice basketball until late night," said Jungkook.

Irene nods as she smiles warmly. She gets up then. "Well, okay then. Don't force yourself to much on those thing," said Irene, chuckles as her hand points at the assignment.

Jungkook nods as he grins. "It's almost done. Don't worry," said him.

"Good then. And, oh- you may drink Yein's choco," said Irene then leave Jungkook alone.

Jungkook smiles. For nothing. He takes a cup of hot choco then take a sip of it. He continue his work then, while thinking about something.

Yein rarely told Jungkook about herself. Perhaps she even won't tell anything to Jungkook if he didn't ask. Yein have ever tell him that she lives with her cousin because she is an orphan. But Jungkook never ask more about it since he can feels a sad memory about it and he doesn't want to see Yein being sad. It breaks his heart too when he sees Yein's sadness. But sometimes, he is curious. Because if something about her past bothers her, he want to be the person who can makes Yein stands up from her past. He wants to be the person that lights up Yein's way. He wants to—at least—gives Yein a reason to smiles.

Simply, he wants to be a special person in Yein's life.

When something suddenly come up in his head, he quickly s his pocket. He takes his cellphone and turns on the screen. He types the name of his closest friend then. Jungkook want to texts something to him.

Bro, any suggestion about how to make a confession? Because I've never do it before.

Send!

 


 


The sun rises brightly, its ray enters Yein's windows as she blinks her eyes a few times. It's morning already, and she doesn't even remember how she can be in her bedroom. Her eyebrows furrows as she thinks.

"Hey... how can I get in here... I only remember I do my tasks with...oh wait," Yein monologues to herself then suddenly remember something.

She immediately removes her blanket then run downstairs. It's weekend and she doesn't need to be hurry, actually. But she doesn't run because of hurry up to go to school, she is searching for Irene instead. Luckily, she immediately find Irene right after she enters the kitchen. Irene is busy with some vegetables, the stove is on with a pots full of water above it. Looks like she is going to cooks a soup.

"Eonni! Eonni!" Yein calls her cousin.

"Whoa, what's wrong?" said Irene, stops her activity for a while.

"Umm...how to say it, umm..." Yein rubs her nape while Irene waits for Yein to continue. "Did something happened last night?" said Yein.

"Something what?" asked Irene.

"I wake up in my bedroom and I don't even remember I walked to my bed!" said Yein.

Sudeenly, Irene smiles. A mysterious smile.

"Ah, something happen exactly. I know it," said Yein, guessing.

"Your boyfriend carries you to your room-"

"He is not my boyfriend!" argued Yein. But she feels her face getting warm and something bother her stomach. It's feel strange...

"Soon to be your boyfriend," Irene correct her sentence before. She continue to cooks then.

"No!" Yein is arguing again. But the more she refuses to admit it, the more she feels warm in her face and strange in her stomach.

"Admit it," Irene smiles meaningfully but still focusing at the vegetables.

"There is no way he will likes me..." said Yein.

"Why?" Irene asks with a teasing tone. She just done with cutting vegetables then puts them in the pot.

"He is a popular boy. He is the captain of school basketball team. He is handsome. He is so rich, yet so friendly. Every girls in my school adore him..." said Yein.

"Then?" said Irene, smiles teasingly. 

"Then there is no reason for like me... There are so many beautiful, smart, rich, and perfect girl outside there that loves him. Don't you get it, eonni? Why he must choose me when there are so many better choices..." said Yein.

At this moment, she just realizes that she have a feeling for him. And maybe this is the first time in forever for Yein to feels this kind of feeling. Once more, the butterflies in her stomach start to dance.

Irene puts some seasoning to her soup then stir it for a few minutes. Yein frowns as she feels her cousin doesn't listen to her. Irene takes a spoon then take the soup with it.

"Taste it," said Irene, make those spoon closer to Yein's mouth.

Yein stare at the spoon, then at Irene, then back to the spoon. She sighs as she thinks that Irene really doesn't pay attention to her sentences. It's not a usual habit since Irene is always care about her. But Yein ends up with opening and tastes the soup.

"I love your soup, as always. You know that your soup is my favourite food right...?" said Yein honestly.

"Yes, I know. But why you choose my soup as your favorite?" asked Irene.

"I don't know-"

"Why not pizza? It's expensive are more high-class," said Irene.

"I don't know..."

"Why not cupcakes? It has a beautiful frost," asked Irene.

"Umm I..."

"And why not seafood? It can make you smart," asked Irene again.

Yein says nothing. She knows where is this conversation goes. Suddenly, Irene's hand pats her shoulders. She hold it meaningfully.

"You don't need some reasons to love something, right? You just love it, but you don't know why. That's the real meaning of love. You feel it, you know it, yet you don't know since when or where does it comes from," said Irene wisely.

Yein looks deeply into Irene eyes, but thinks about Jungkook instead. Yes, she believe what just Irene said, about love that doesn't need a reason. She is understand. Understand that love doesn't looks at anything.

'But then, does he loves me...? It still seems impossible' said Yein in her mind.

"At least, there is still an opportunity for him to loves you. I see a big opportunity actually, when I see how he treats you well. So, well- you don't need to hesitate to loves him," said Irene like she just read what's in Yein's mind.

Slowly, Yein nods. Irene smiles warmly and back to her cooking activity. She feels so delightful as she knows her cousin has learn something today. She really hopes Jungkook can gives a good impact to Yein.

But Yein, she still have one other question in her mind.

'But even if he loves me, is everything will be okay if I love him...?'

 



'Girls, we have 'something' to do again. Tomorrow. I hope this time it works.'


Groupchat send!

 


Hey T - T
Long time no see, sorry... I have a national exam this week so I'm focusing on it... but I know I can't left my story hanging for two weeks T - T
So, this chapter will have the most mistakes between all, I made it in a bit hurry T -- T
Next chapter in this weekend or in early next week, perhaps.
I hope you can still enjoy my story. And thank you for all my readers, my viewers, and so on ^-^