5. Complicated

My Name is Jung Yein

In a luxurious dining room with an elegant crystal dining table in the center of the room and also five dining chair that suited well, a girl with a school uniform is not appetite to finished his breakfast—which is a sandwich. Her mother in front of her is busy with her smartphone while occasionally sips a cup of tea in front of her. Her father, in another side of the table, is reading a newspaper with a cup of coffee and some pieces of biscuit in front of him. The atmosphere is so quiet. The only sound they can hear is the tic-toc sound by an Eiffel-shaped clock, also the vague sound from the kitchen, where their maid probably cooking for they lunch and dinner—which they seldom to consume it until completely run out.

"Mom..." the girl finally open her sound. The only girl in this family, the only child of her parents.

"Hm...?" said her mother, still busy with her smartphone. Not even glance at her daughter.

The girl actually have nothing to talk to, but she just want to get some attention from her parents.

"Are you...busy  this week?" said the girl again.

"Yes... I'm sorry. I have a tight schedule until next week," said the woman who works in ministry office. "Do you need something, honey?"she continues, glance slightly to her daughter.

"No... And how about father?" the girl replies.

"Ask him by yourself," said mother.

At this point, she knows that her parents are having a cold war against each other right now, because this is often happened. 

"Dad?" she calls her father.

"I'm busy too. I will go to Japan tomorrow, manage a business cooperation with some clients there," said father. He is a CEO of a medical equipment corporation, a business which he build as a pioneer since he was still in college.

"Okay..." said the girl then take her black-gold bag. She gets up from the chair, leaves her sandwich that still untouched. She wants to go to the school immediately.

"I gotta go. Bye mom bye dad," said her then walks to the front of her house.

"Take care, honey. Call me if you need something," said her mother.

"I just need your love, that's all." said the girl in her mind, pretend to not listen to what just her mother said and say nothing.

She immediately approach the car in front of her house, her driver already ready in his position. She opens the car then sit beside the driver. The driver turn on the machine then in a few moments later, they're already in the way to the school.

Perfect life, that's what everybody thinks about her life. Super-rich parents, a house with every needs of a girl have (closet full of clothes, swimming pool, beautiful garden, etc.), a driver to take her everywhere she wants, personal house assistant who she can ask her to do anything—which she actually never have been so rude or bossy in her house.

But actually, she is not that happy. There is a hole in her life. A big hole, which can only be filled with something that she thinks she'll never get it.

Love.

Psychology said that a person who rare to receive love in their life, lack of love, will be a rude person and easy to get angry. Perhaps it's just their way to express their need of love.

Perhaps that's why Im Yooji—the most perfect girl in her school—act so hateable and domineering in her school.

Just act of avenge and retaliation, maybe.

She takes her phone, calling one of her friend.

"Is my plan works good so far?" she said immediately as the opening of the calls.

 


 

Again, Yein feels strange when she walks in the school corridor. She feels like everybody is looking at her with a peculiar looks. Yein looks down and continues her step to the locker.

Again, her jaw hanging low as she shocks. An incident that exactly the same with the last incident she got in the school happened again today. But not in her locker now, it's outside her locker. On her locker's door exactly. There are some pictures with her and Jungkook in it. It's the picture of the moment last night. When Yein and Jungkook chuckles at each other while worked on their assignment, when Jungkook smiled while looked at her who slept in the balcony, when Jungkook carried her to her bedroom, when Jungkook finally did the assignment by himself. Every pictures are crossed with a red marker.

Yein's eyes start teary. She pull out every photos there quickly. She turned her body, wants to walks away to the closet and soothed herself-

But Jungkook already stands in front of her right now.

"I will protect you-"

"No you don't need to," said Yein cuts Jungkook's remark then runs to the closet, erase her tears with her hand.

"Yein wait!" Jungkook tries to chasing Yein, but Yein already entered girl's closet and forced Jungkook to stop his steps.

He sighs. He have no idea why everyone can do evil things until this far.

 



It's about 5 minutes before the school bells ringing. Most of the students already sit in their chair. Including Yein who still thinks about the incident that just happened to her, and Jungkook who thinks about her. The news spread so quick, everybody is talk about them now. Umji and Dahyun, Yein's bestfriend also already know about it. But they haven't talk to Yein yet, still find the best way to cheer up Yein in this situation.

And suddenly, come in Yooji and the counselling teacher to the classroom.

"She is the suspect. Yein takes my cellphone!" Yooji shouts while points at Yein in the corner of classroom.

Suddenly the classroom turn quiet. Everybody look at Yooji, then Yein.

"What?" said Yein immediately.

"What is 'what', thief? I see you takes my cellphone in my bag then put it in your locker," said Yooji.

"What do you say? I don't even know what is your phone looks like!" Yein try to shouts, but her eyes start teary again.

"Stop. Let's just prove it. Let's go to the locker," said the teacher calmly.

Yein approaches Yooji and the counselling teacher, then they walk to the locker. Jungkook, Dahyun, Umji, and some curious students follow behind them.

"Open it—eh wait. It's probably you're fast-handed and takes away my phone from your locker before we can see it. Can we call the staff who can open the locker?" ask Yooji.

"Sure we can," said the teacher then calls a cleaning staff that passed by, ask him to looks for the staff who can open the locker. They need to wait for some minutes then.

Jungkook who stands right behind Yein, feels like he wants to hug and comfort Yein right now. She must be suffering right now. What kind of beast who did all of this to her, Jungkook thinks.

The staff comes. He immediately do what he supposed to do. A minute later, he already open the locker and everybody can barely seen there is Yooji's cellphone in it.

Yein shakes her head and defend herself. "No way... I don't do that. Someone slander me and put that thing in my locker..." said Yein with a weak voice.

"Oh yeah? So there is another person who knows your locker key?" Yooji shouts at Yein.

"But I swear I didn't steal your phone... why must I..." said Yein again, tear drops from her eyes.

"Yes, why must she did that? You slander her!" Jungkook mad and shouts to Yooji.

"Stop everyone! Yein follow me to the detention room, and the other go back to the classroom," said the teacher.

"But I swear I didn't take it..." said Yein to the teacher.

"Then can you prove it?" said the teacher.

Yein silent. Everybody is silent. Yooji surreptitiously smiles with a triumphant feeling.

"Sorry, I can't do anything. The evidence is enough to makes you punished," said the teacher, knows that Yein is a new student that never did anything bad before.

Yein sighs. She forced to follows her teacher to the detention room. Yooji and the other go back to the classroom.

Jungkook is so angry. He knows that Yooji is the one who did all of this. He starts to think about how to prove to everyone that Yooji is behind all of this.

 



Yein allowed to leave the detention room when the school breaks bells ringing. She stay still in front of those room, don't know what to do. She got suspension from the school for 7 days, what should she says to Irene?

Yein decides to go to her classroom. Everybody looks at her when she walks in the corridor. She speed up her steps and looks down while she walks. She finally arrived at her classroom after passed by every eyes that looking at her. She steps in and suddenly Yooji approaches her. Yooji claps her hands loudly with a slow tempo. Two girls—her cheers friends—follow behind her.

"Wow. You still have some courage to come to this class, thief?" said Yooji, still clapping.

"I told you I'm not taking your phone..." said Yein with a small voice.

"Oh, really? Is there anybody here believe her?" Yooji shouts in a very loud voice, gain everyone's attention.

"Me," Jungkook stands and approaches them near the door.

Yooji rolls his eyes, but then try to put an innocent face in front of Jungkook. Jungkook stands beside Yein, right in front of Yooji. With no expression, he looks deep into Yooji's eyes. Right now, Jungkook's sight can kills everybody who look at him.

"Jungkook... She is a mean girl actually. She just act like a kind girl in front of you..." said Yooji with a really soft and girlish voice, trying to persuades Jungkook.

"Are you trying to describe yourself?" asked Jungkook, cold. He looks like a cold-blooded killer. Even Yein thinks about how can Jungkook who is usually so playful suddenly become so horrific.

Yooji cursing in her mind, never thought that Jungkook could say something like that to her. He always been kind to her.

"Of course I don't, I-"

"Liar. You're the one who plan all of this. You're the one who always disturbing Yein's live-"

"No, I don't!"

"Can you prove that you're not the villain that put your own cellphone in Yein's locker?"

"No but can you also prove that Yein didn't steal my phone?!" Yooji shouts, her face turn red as she is already mad by now.

"Everybody here knows that the mean girl is you not her!" Jungkook temperament change from flat into an anger too.

"So is that the reason why we can't accuse her as a suspect?!"

"STOP!!!"

Yein shouts loudly, even louder than Jungkook and Yooji's voice. Makes Jungkook who is about to open and give another advocacy suddenly close his mouth. Jungkook and Yooji stare at Yein, who eyes already filled up with tears. She feels so miserable. She is desperate and don't know what to do. One tear drops, she erase it with her hand. She starts to sobs then run away from the classroom.

"Yein," Jungkook quickly grab and hold Yein's hand tightly. But Yein immediately flick her hand to get away from Jungkook and runs.

"Yein!"

Jungkook starts to runs and chases Yein who cries harder. She rubs her eyes with her hand several times, still running. She just realize that actually her closeness with Jungkook is not just bother her live—which she actually already learn how to live with those harrasment—but also bother Jungkook's life. And she doesn't want it to happen. She has burden everyone's live when her parents passed away, and she doesn't want to bother someone anymore.

Jungkook finally catches up Yein's step then stop his step right in front of Yein, facing the girl he loves in front of him. Yes, he can't denies anymore to himself or to anyone that he loves her. Especially after this incident, it's impossible he will involved to another person's problem if he doesn't feels like he need to involved in it. Because deep inside his heart, he wants to protect Yein.

Yein stops her steps. Stands still like that and sobbing hard. She couldn't hold the tears that fall from her pretty eyes anymore. She looks down, can't afford to looks at Jungkook's eyes.

Jungkook immediately hugs Yein. Warmly. Tightly. He feels like he need to absorb Yein's sadness, and this is the only way right now. He feels pain inside his chest as he sees the girl he loves is suffering right now. And Yein is unable to resist the hug. She stands static, crying more hard in Jungkook's chest—which she feels so comfortable. She spill all her emotions there, her teary eyes makes Jungkook's shirt wet. And Jungkook hugs her tighter, so she can starts to feeling better and stop crying.

Slowly, full of hesitate feeling, Yein's arms lift up. She puts her hands surround Jungkook's waist, hugs him back. She don't even know why she decides to do that. But the only thing she knows right now is that she is actually need him. She never feels like this before, being in someone's embrace and feeling like it's the place she supposed to be. It's feels like she doesn't want to dismiss everything.

But she knows she must. She moves one step back then put down his arms from Jungkook's body, eventhough she wants to be right there forever.

"Jungkook, I... I can't. I'm sorry,"

"Can't what?"

"I need to go away from you. It's my problem, I don't want to involve you," said her then runs again to the closet.

Jungkook freezes. He stares at Yein until those girl disappear in the end of school corridor.

Jungkook sighs. He hates Yooji so much right now. Those girl is really a beast, a cold-blooded monster. He promises to himself that he will looking for ways to proves to everyone that Yooji is mean and Yein has been slandered.

Jungkook clenches his hand as he tries to calm down himself, then walks back to his classroom.

 



Yein decides to go home, a few minutes before the last schools bells ring. She purposefully go home at this time because she doesn't want to see her friends right now. Even if she hasn't know yet what she need to do as a result of this incident. A bad things will happen again if she meets her friends so she needs to avoid meet them, she thinks.

She walks outside, step by step starts walk away from the school gate. She stare blankly to the street and her mind isn't in her head. It's fly everywhere. She still doesn't know what to say to Irene, she doesn't want to bothers her only cousin's mind. She don't even know how to act to Jungkook starts from now, should she get away from him or not? She also thinks about her reputation in this new school. She is a new student, but already involved in a big trouble. How terrible.

She walks accross the street. Unluckily, she doesn't see that the traffic light for the pedestrian is still red because of her full mind. The street is really crowded that afternoon. Not long after it, a car that that runs with a full speed passed by that street.

The driver try to brakes, but it's a little bit too late. The car slows down but still end up crashes Yein hard. Yein falls then fainted, before even see what happened to her.

 


 

HELLO! 8')

It's been a long time since my last update, sorry T - T

but I can do fast update starting from now, I have much spare time kkk~ ^0^

I hope you still enjoy my story, thanks for reading! ^-^

p.s. I don't know what picture I should put in the chapter image so I decide to use Jungkook gif in Danger Japanese Version instead .-.