1. First Meet

My Name is Jung Yein

School bells are ringing. Every student gets into their classroom. The teacher approaches to the classroom, making the noisy classroom turn into a silent.

"Good morning, everybody. We have good news. You'll have a new classmate," said the teacher while she warmly smiles.

The room now is full of whispers. Every students are wondering what will their new classmate looks like, a girl or a boy, why did he or she move here, and so on.

"I say congratulations to you if it's a girl. You're gonna get a new fan," a blond-haired boy whispers to a black-haired one next to him.

"Shut up, Min Yoongi. Or I'll kill you," said the black-haired boy glance at his friend.

"Kill me then," Yoongi chuckles as he sees his friend frowns.

"Come in, dear," the teacher calls someone to enter the classroom.

Stepping carefully, a girl enters the classroom shyly. She stands in front of the class, next to the teacher. She tries to make a smile while seeing everyone in the classroom. She looks so beautiful and calm.

Or at least only Jeon Jungkook thinks about it. The black-haired boy who thinks he won't adore any girl in this school.

"So, can you introduce yourself?" said the teacher.

"Uhm- My name is Jung Yein,"  she said, sheepishly smiling.

"And why do you move here?" ask the teacher again.

While Yein telling the reasons she moved, Jungkook can't help but listen to it. For the first time in his life, Jungkook can't turn his sight from a girl. He thinks that this girl would be different than any other girls, especially all of the girls that pursue him 24 hours and somehow it's annoying. He feels something weird in his stomach and what the hell is it, he thinks.

Yoongi notices something unusual with his closest friend.

"Hey buddy, are you okay?" said Yoongi when he sees Jungkook freeze and doesn't even blink. But Yoongi gets no respond at all.

"Hey," he said again while motion his hand in front of Jungkook's face.

Jungkook blinks a few times and turns his head to Yoongi, just to find that this blond-haired boy is trying not to burst out a laugh.

"W- what are you laughing for?" he ask while furrows his eyebrows, interogating his suspicious friend.

"You look at her without blink even once. Are you fall in love-"

"SHUT UP OR I-" Jungkook suddenly close his mouth when he realize that most of their classmates glare at them.

"Sorry," said Jungkook and pay his attention back to the front of the classroom.

Jung Yein silently notice those commotion in the corner of the classroom. She chuckles while looking at Jungkook. He is so embarassed and try to looks at another direction.

"Aw. You turn red. Are you sick?" Yoongi still try to teasing Jungkook.

"Shut up I warn you for the last time," said Jungkook.

"Glad to have you here, Yein. You can sit now," the teacher smiles warmly.

"Thank you," she nods.

Yein walks to the only chair in the classroom that haven't occupied yet. It's in the right corner of the class, while the boys that make commotion are in the left corner. Yein smiles to her soon-to-be chairmate, a short-haired girl that looks nerdy. Then, Yein sits and try to comfort herself. She doesn't like to adapt in a new place, actually.

The teacher starts to talks about the lesson but Yein doesn't notice it at all. She is physically here, but her soul and mind fly to a big incident that changes her life, a few days ago.

"And the 1st winner is..." said the MC on the stage.

Yein and her friends held each other hand, close their eyes while praying that they'll be the winner this time.

"...Lovelyz! Congratulations!"

They scream happily then drowned in tears while holding their first trophy. They just win a choir competition, Lovelyz is a choir group where Yein are the youngest of them. Everyone are so happy, including Yein. She can't wait to tell her parents about her victory today.

She goes home happily, humming along her way house. But her happiness didn't last for a long time. She gets shock when she found her house are in fire and almost completely scorched. There are so many people in front of her house, she run approach them and ask them where is her parents. But everyone look pale, and sadly told Yein that her parents are inside when the accident happen.

Her parents are passed away. Yein couldn't believe it. Why this world is so cruel. Why her parents must gone in the time she could makes them proud of her.
She feel her legs get weaken, she fell down on her knee. She cries hard and feels so depressed. She sobs hard until her shoulder tremble. She just lost her parents, her house, her everything. She feels so desperate and don't know what to do.

Until suddenly, a soft touch approach her shoulder. Those hand pats a few times. Yein lift up her chin just to see who is her.

"It's okay," said a girl that looks a few years older than Yein. She hugs Yein tightly then. Yein cries in Irene's shoulder. They hug each other until Yein feeling better.

A few days later, Yein is stare blankly in one of unoccupied bedroom in Irene's house. Irene is her cousin that Yein always want to be like her since her childhood. Yein always think that Irene is so beautiful and kind in every situation. After the accident that made Yein felt so down and suffering, Irene ask her to live in Irene's house in Seoul and leave her hometown. And of course she approved it. Even if she love her hometown. Even if she has so much memories there. Even if she doesn't like a new situation that force her to adapt.

Because she didn't have any choice.

But Irene always spirits her up. She loves Yein so much and take care of Yein as she is her own sister. Slowly but sure, Yein is feeling better.

"Jung Yein?" calls the teacher.

"Y- yes?" she blinks her eyes a couple times, wakes up from her daydream.

"You're going to do this assignment with Jeon Jungkook," the teacher continue to talk.

The class are mumbling, especially the girls. How can a new girl like her luckily get a chance to works in group with Jungkook, they thought. Yein realize that everyone talk about her, but she doesn't know what are theytalking about.

"Am I do some mistakes...?" she monologues to herself.

She try to forget it all and focused on what the teacher said by now, about an assignment.

"What assignment?" Yein asked her chairmate.

"What just she said?" Jungkook asked her chairmate, Yoongi.

"She hasn't tell about it yet. You don't listen to her, are you?" Yein's chairmate looks at her with a not-happy looks.

"You are going to pair with her for this assignment," Yoongi said while squint his eyes when saying 'her'.

"S- Sorry," Yein frowns her face and look down. She sighs as realize that her chairmate looks not friendly. Yein doesn't even know her name yet.

"How can I get a friend here..." again, she said to herself.

"Who do you mean her? The new girl in this classroom?" Jungkook asked again makes Yoongi sighs loudly.

"Yes of course, idiot!" Yoongi goggles as Jungkook give him a stupid-looked face.

"Oh, it's her... OH REALLY ARE YOU SERIOUS?"

"YES I AM, OR YOU CAN ASK THE TEACHER BY YOURSELF!"

"Sssshhhh," again, the classroom glare at them.

"You're so stupid. I wonder how every girls can scream crazily over you," Yoongi mutters while places his head lazily on his folded hands in the table.

"Let's make a war after the school, Min Yoongi," Jungkook replies with a glance.

A few minutes later, the teacher ask students to discuss about the assignment with their groupmate. Jungkook stands from his chair and walks onto Yein's desk. He stops behind Yein's chair. He wants to say a word, but nothing come out from his mouth. He ends up just staring at that girl, observing everything that she does, and he doesn't know why his heart filled up just by looking at her like that.

Meanwhile, Yein is still writing down something. She stands up and turn back to approach-

"Oh, you're already here," she said when see Jungkook stands in front of her. She smiles as rub her nape awkwardly, wondering how long has been this boy stands here.

"Ah- yes," said Jungkook, try to makes a smile while feeling butterflies fill up his stomach.

Yein nods then sit down at her chair again. Her chairmate has gone nowhere just a few minutes ago.

"Just sit here," said Yein to Jungkook with a wide smiles, pats at the chair besides her.

"Oh- sure. Y- yes," said Jungkook stammering. Jungkook want to scolds himself for looks so stupid in front of Yein.

Yein smiles sincerely seeing her classmate besides her. She muses to herself that she hopes this boy will be her friend since she needs to make a new friend here, of course. He seems to be kind, she thinks.

"So..." Yein open up the conversation while looking at her notebook, then tilts her head at Jungkook. "...do you have any idea about this project?" she asked.

"Hmm... let me think first," Jungkook makes a thinking face when actually he just tries to calm down his heartbeat.

Only a few minutes later, they don't talk like a stranger anymore. Jungkook loves to see through Yein's orbs while she is talking. Yein doesn't usually easy to get close to a stranger, but she could easily get close to Jungkook. And Yein thought Jungkook is a kind person that would be a good friend to her. They enjoy to talk with each other.

"Great idea! So, when will we start to work on this project?" Jungkook ask excitedly.

"Are you free after school?" Yein ask immediately.

Suddenly, Jungkook remember that he wants to kill Yoongi immediately after school. Yein tilts her head while waiting for Jungkook to answer.

"...It's okay if you don't. We can-"

"No no. I'm free. We can start doing this today," Jungkook cuts off before Yein could finished her sentence.

Yein grins happily, and once again her smile makes Jungkook melts inside.

"Glad to hear that. We can do this in my cousin's house, it's where I live, since it's not far away from here," Yein added.

"Agree then. Meet me at the gate after school!" said Jungkook.

Not long after that, the teacher ask students to get back to their own seat. Jungkook can't help but smiles while he sitting back in his seat. Yoongi teases him again.

"So, how does the- uhm- date goes?" Yoongi ask Jungkook teasingly.

"You must be grateful that I'm going to do my assignment today right after school, so I can't kill you today. But maybe later," Jungkook replies perfunctory.

"Glad to hear that, buddy," Yoongi chuckles.

 


 

So this is it, my first story ever xD Please tell me what do you think about it! When I see there are some subsribers, I'm afraid that the story is not as good as the description T - T But I hope you enjoy it so far~ I'll be glad to update soon! O u O this gonna be about 5-10 chapters long, perhaps-

And thanks for reading! ~^^