3. Rainy Sunday

My Name is Jung Yein

"Oh hey dear, I thought that you are still sleeping. Come on join me and have a breakfast," said Irene, her hand gestures to make Yein approaches her.

Yein walks down the stairs, rubbing her eyes since she just wakes up in this Sunday morning. The first Sunday that she would spends it together with Irene. It has been more than two weeks since Yein first arrival in this house, but they usually didn't take breakfast together before, since Irene always go to her office or college earlier than Yein. She also works on the weekend sometimes. As a colleger and also part-time worker, she is really a hardworking person. She will be 26 by this year, but already has her own house. She has been live separately from her family since she graduated from high school and study at a college that far away from her hometown. Yein always admire her so much since her childhood.

Irene walks to the kitchen, takes two pieces of toasts then places it in a plate.

"I've made a toast for our breakfast today. Sorry for being too busy all this weeks," said her as she put a plate of toasts in front of Yein who already sits down in the chair.

"It's okay," said Yein nods while put smile on her face.

"So, how was your day at school these weeks?" she asked, sits back in her chair as she continue to eats.

"Umm-" Yein takes a toast from her plate then give it a little bite. "It's good," said her.

Irene nods while humming. "Did you get many friends there?" asked Irene again.

Yein munches her bread slowly. "Y- yes. I've got some friends there. They're so kind," said her while munching.

"Really? I'm happy to hear that," Irene said sincerely. "You know you can always tell me if you have some trouble. I'll be glad to help you," she continues.

"I know. Sure, I'll be glad to tell you. But so far everything is okay," said Yein.

Yein smiles widely and makes sure Irene won't worry anything about her. She really doesn't want to bother more on Irene's life. The tragic accident that happened to Yein perforce her to burden her only cousin, and she doesn't want to make it worsen. Particularly because she knows, that Irene is so selfless and would do anything to makes Yein rises up from her suffering. Even if Yein actually have a little trouble at school, she doesn't want to tell Irene.

Even if it's not a little trouble at all.

Yein walked on the school corridor while humming her favorite song at that time. It's almost two weeks since Yein first arrival in this school. She already get a few more friends. Just a few. The rest are always talks behind her about her closeness with Jungkook. Sometimes, Yein thinks that perhaps she must stay away from Jungkook, yet she still spend her afterschool time with him everyday. Just for do their assignment, actually. Not that kind of go home together. They still work on their assignment until now. The deadline is getting closer, about two weeks later. Besides, Jungkook is really a good friend and also good listener too, Yein thinks. She loves to share everything with Jungkook, even something that she didn't want to shares to anyone else. Nevertheless, she never tell him about the accident that made her moved in to their school. Yein always doesn't like to makes people feel pity to her or see people feel sorrow because of her story. It's not good to makes people sad for something they don't experience at all, she thinks.

Jungkook himself are an insensitive person. He didn't know yet that everybody in school were talking about him and Yein, until Yoongi finally told him. But he doesn't care about it at all. Jungkook doesn't care about the world as long as he can be together with Yein. He also promise to himself that he will protects Yein if something bad happen because of their proximity.

Yein stood in front of her locker. Slowly, she opened it. She freezed as her jaw hanging low. Her locker was so messed up. Her stuffs are spreaded untidy in her locker. Even worse, she also found many scribbles in her locker, all written with a red marker.

Get away from him!

You'll gonna die soon.

Leave him if you want to live peacefully!!!

and so on.

"...what?" Yein murmured indistinctly. Even she couldn't hear her own voice. She is really shocked. She haven't experienced this kind of shock before. She couldn't think about who are the suspect of this. She couldn't think about anything, actually. She never thought this kind of incident would ever happen to her.

Yein slowly turned her head to looked at everyone around her. They were staring at her. All of them. Yein looked down to her tiptoe as she felt so depressed all of a sudden. She felt like everybody hate her.

Her eyes started teary. She slammed her locker harshly then run to the closet, soothed herself.

"Yein? Are you daydreaming?" said Irene, worried about the younger girl in front of her.

"O-oh... No. I'm not. Just think about one of my assignment," Yein lies. She bites her lower lip then continue to eats her breakfast.

The oldest girl nods. "Do not overthinking. It's not good for your health," she chuckles as she finish her breakfast. She puts up her plate then bring it to the sink. She washes it then dry her hand with a napkin.

"Just put your plate in the sink once you done with your breakfast, I will wash it later. I'm going to my room and do some stuffs, just call me if you need something," said Irene while Yein's hair. She walks to her room then.

As the order of her older cousin, Yein finish her breakfast then put the plate in the sink. She is about to leave it there when suddenly she thinks about it would be better if she washes her plate by herself. It would be lighten Irene's burden, right?

After that, Yein decides to go back to her room. She brings down herself in her bed as soon as she get there. She doesn't know yet what to do today. Perhaps, she will just lay in her bed all day long. She gives a look to the windows beside her bed, it starts raining outside. Just a drizzle at first, then suddenly turns into heavy rain.

Yein gets up. She takes her chair near the desk, then places it near the windows. She sits there while staring at the rain. One thing that she likes the most about rain is dews on the glass. Her lips form a little smile. She starts to draws many things in the glass.

But her mind suddenly flew up to the incident that happened to her a few days ago, the day when she found her locker were being messed up by someone.

"Yein!" Dahyun's voice enter Yein's lug as Yein stopped her steps for a while and turned around to approach Dahyun. Umji are there too, beside Dahyun. They just come out from their classroom.

"Yes?" said Yein.

"We- Me and Umji are thinking about hanging out with you! What do you think?" asked Dahyun with bright eyes.

"Wow, sure I want to go with you two but...maybe not now," said Yein, looks not happy.

"Why...?" asked Umji, tilts her head.

"I'm...feeling unwell. A little bit," said Yein, bites her lower lip.

Dahyun furrowed her eyebrows. She knew that it's not the real reason why Yein rejected her offer.

"Don't think too much about the incident this morning..." said Umji, pats and grips Yein's shoulder.

"Yes. Don't think about people who hate you. You still have us," said Dahyun sincerely.

Suddenly, Jungkook and Yoongi approached them. They also just came out from their classroom. Jungkook immediately stood close to Yein with an excited face, looked stupid because he didn't realize yet that Yein is grieved. Yoongi followed and stood beside Jungkook, whispered to him that Yein looked not happy. Yoongi also stood beside Umji, who already pull back her hand from Yein's shoulder and her face started turn red.

"So...what happened?" asked Jungkook.

"Fool," Yoongi mumbled while squint his eyes at Jungkook then patted his own forehead.

"No. Nothing. But we can't do our assignment today, Jungkook. Sorry..." said Yein to Jungkook.

"W- why?" Jungkook shocked a little bit. Looked more stupid because he seems like just realize the situation.

"I... We almost finish it, right? The deadline is still two weeks later. We don't need to work at it everyday," said Yein.

Jungkook expression turned into confussion. "But we-"

"Sorry, I have to go," said Yein then walked away. Left her friends with a shock and confussion expression.

"W- what happened to her?" asked Jungkook to Dahyun and Umji.

"Ask her. We have to go too, bye!" said Dahyun then pulled Umji's hand while stepped quickly left the boys in front of the class. Umji perforced to followed her.

Jungkook watched the girls go with a suspicious expression.

"We must to go too, by the way," said Yoongi to Jungkook who still freezed.

"What happened to her? What do you think?" asked Jungkook.

Yoongi shrugged. They started to walked to the opposite direction with the girls since they must practiced basketball right after the class.

Yein sighs. It's okay with Dahyun and Umji since Yein immediately texted them and said sorry right after she arrived at home that time. But she never talks to Jungkook since that day. She feels like she really need to stay away from Jungkook.

"But... Is he okay with it? I feel so guilty..."

Yein gets up from her chair then takes her cellphone, thinks about apologize to Jungkook. She turns on the screen and her eyes widen when Jungkook's name already appears there. He is already texts her first. Unconsciously, a smile appears on her face.

JK    : hey.
JK    : how r u?
Yein    : hey!
Yein    : fine ofc
Yein    : sorry for that time...



Jungkook impatiently wait for Yein reply to her message. He moves uncertainly in his bed, repeatedly looks at his cellphone screen. He ruffles his hair a few times. He just realize that he actually can't spend one day without her. Since that time, he never talks to Yein again. He even tries to talk to her a few times, but it always didn't last long since she always pretend to be busy with other activity then left Jungkook. Jungkook feels like Yein is getting away from him and Jungkook have no idea why. It's driving him crazy.

"Come on, reply please. Are you mad at me?" Jungkook talks to his cellphone when suddenly the screen turns on with Yein's name appear on it. Jungkook immediately open it eagerly.

"Oh my god, I miss you. I miss to talk to you. Should I tell you that I miss you," Jungkook starts mumbles uncontrollable then types the reply. They start to have a chat then.

JK    : it's okay :)
JK    : we haven't talk for a while. are you mad at me?
Yein  : no
Yein  : im not mad at all
Yein  : sorry for being so rude to you...
JK    : glad to hear that ur not mad at me
JK    : no need to say sorry :p
JK    : btw, r u busy?
Yein  : :)
Yein  : no, im not. why?

"Why. Why Jungkook why. You want to talk to her right? Just tell her then," Jungkook talks to himself. He can't types anything yet since he feels butterflies fill her stomach and his heart beat faster.

"Just type it!" said him then hesitately types something.

JK    : just wanna talk to you.
JK    : can I come to ur house?
Yein  : what...?
Yein  : but it's raining outside!
JK    : then why?
Yein  : you can get sick :(
JK    : idc :P
Yein  : (-_-")
Yein  : u dont even know my address :p
Yein  : i wont tell you where do i live so you wont get sick
JK    : grandma.
Yein  : huh?
JK    : forgetful grandma.
JK    : you've tell your address a few days ago
JK    : wait for me
Yein  : HEY!!!
Yein  : JEON JUNGKOOK!!!
Yein  : YOU CAN GET SICK I WARN YOU!!! :(

But Jungkook doesn't reply anymore. He quickly picks up his jacket then wear it. He carelessly put his cellphone in his pocket then get out from his room. He walks down the stairs then see his mom is in the kitchen.

"Mom, I want to go to my friend's house. Bye!" said him while opening his red umbrella then suddenly disappears before his mom could reply.


Yein freezes in her chair. Her eyes widen at her cellphone, then shakes her head at how silly Jungkook could be. She put her cellphone at the desk then stares outside the window. It's still drizzle outside. Yein sighs. At least it isn't a heavy rain, she thinks.

A few minutes later, Yein can see through her windows that Jungkook is on the way to her house. Yein quickly running down stairs to her house's front door. She opens the door when Jungkook is about to knocks at it. He put on an angry expression while gaze at Jungkook. Of course she's not mad actually.

"I'm mad at you now," said Yein, trying to makes a cold sound.

"Hey, don't be like that. I bring some snacks for you," said Jungkook, grins widely and ignoring Yein's facial expression. He brings a big grocery bag in his right hand while his left hand is holding an umbrella.

Yein stare at Jungkook for a few seconds before step aside from the door and let him in. Jungkook closes his umbrella then put it in the proper place. He also put off his jacket then hang it properly. Yein closes the door then brings Jungkook to her living room.

"Yein? Oh, you bring a friend," Irene suddenly appears when the two of them walks to the living room.

Jungkook bows slightly and Irene bows back to him. "I'm Jungkook," said him.

"I'm Irene, Yein's cousin. But her older sister now, maybe," she chuckles and so do Jungkook.

"Well, I still must do some stuffs. Enjoy your time here, Jungkook," said Irene then go back to her room.

"Sure, thanks!" said Jungkook.

Jungkook and Yein stares at Irene until Irene get into her room. They continue their walk to the living room then.

"You're wet even if you use umbrella," said Yein as she sits in the sofa.

Jungkook put the snacks in the table before sits next to Yein. He smiles while staring at Yein for a few seconds before answers. "At least I try to not get sick," said him, shrugs.

Yein sighs then looks at the snacks in front of her. She picks up a sack of potato chips then opens it. She eats it by herself, munching loudly while Jungkook just staring at her and smiles. Yein glances at Jungkook.

"Why are you looking at me like that...?" said Yein, furrows her eyebrow at Jungkook with a full mouth.

"Nothing," said Jungkook, chuckles.

"You're suspicious," said Yein continue to munches. Her cheeks bulge until Jungkook thinks it can pops anytime.

Jungkook can't help but laughs silently while continue staring at the girl sitting next to him. Slowly, he lift up his hand to poke Yein's cheek with his finger. Yein's immediately moves away.

"What are you doing?" said her.

"Popping your cheek," said Jungkook, chuckles.

"Hish," she continue to eats.

"Can I have it?" asked Jungkook.

Yein turns her head and give a questioning look to Jungkook.

"The chips. Can I take one?" said Jungkook.

"No," said Yein, gaze away from Jungkook.

"Hey, I'm the one who give you that!" Jungkook revolts.

Yein smiles as she got an idea.

"You can have it after you can take it from me!"

"What?"

Yein immediately stand up from the sofa and walks a few steps in front of Jungkook. She smirks as teases Jungkook with taking a handful of potato chips then eat it in once.

"Hmm... It's delicious," said Yein with a excessive expression.

"How dare you-" Jungkook stands up as his hands extended forward to takes the sack from Yein's hand, but Yein steps back.

"Well, this is a war then," said Jungkook and starts to chasing Yein.

Yein runs to stay away from Jungkook. They start to run and romp then.

"You're so weak! Hmm... how delicious this is," said Yein teases Jungkook again while every of her finger that smeared with seasoning.

"I'm not weak!" he immediately catches Yein.

"AAAH!" Yein squeals as both of them fall to the ground.

Knowing that her position is in dangerous, Yein hugs the sack of potato chips tightly so Jungkook can't takes it from her. Some of the chips are spill out. Jungkook sits next to her, trying to takes the sack from Yein.

"Give it to me I warn you," said Jungkook, still trying to pull those sack from Yein.

"Or what?" Yein rolls while still hugging the sack so that now the sack is under her body.

"Or I will-" Jungkook smirks as he starts to tickles Yein.

Yein kicks the air as a reflect. "Stop it!" she said, starts to laughs.

But Jungkook doesn't care and tickles her harder than before. Yein rolls aimlessly to dodges from Jungkook's hand but Jungkook still doesn't want to stop it.

"Jungkook stop!" Yein kicks and thrashes.

"Only after you give those sack to me," Jungkook chuckles playfully.

Yein laughs hard as Jungkook keep tickles her. She rolls, kicks, struggles, thrashes, but also laughs. She does everything just to stops Jungkook from tickles her. She starts run out of energy and panting.

"Jungkook... stop... please..." said her, try to controlling her breathe.

Jungkook feels pity to her. He chuckles and stop tickles her. Yein try to catches her breath.

"Give me the sack then," said Jungkook.

"You need to beg for it..." said Yein, still panting.

"Me or you?" said Jungkook. He is about to tickles Yein again.

"Me! Me! Okay. Stop it. Please..." said Yein immediately, giving up.

Jungkook smiles triumphantly. Yein gets up and sits properly then gives Jungkook those sack. Jungkook takes it from Yein hand, can't help but laughs as he thinks how playful is Yein. He finally can cure his feeling of misses her. Jungkook takes a bunch of potato chips then eats it in once. Yein pouts. Jungkook smiles as he shakes his head then hand her the potato chips. Yein grins suddenly then takes a piece of it and eats it. Jungkook laughs, so do Yein. They don't know what are they laughing for, but they just do it. They eat those chips together without any chitchat. Sometimes they chuckle for nothing while looking at each other. Jungkook thinks about how happy is he to do anything as long as it with Yein, while Yein thinks about it's fun to wasting her time with Jungkook.

It stops raining outside. Jungkook slowly gets up after he realizes it.

"I have to go, I think," said him.

"Um... Okay then," said Yein as she gets up too.

Yein throw away the sack to the trash bin in the corner of the room then accompany Jungkook to walks to the front door. Jungkook takes his umbrella and wear his jacket after he arrived there while Yein is opening the door. Jungkook steps out from the house.

"Thank you", said Jungkook.

Yein nods slightly, smiles.

"Bye," Jungkook waves his hand slightly and Yein waves back to him.

Jungkook walks away from Yein's house. He can't hold her lips to not make a smile. He is really delighted right now. After haven't talk to Yein for a few days then have a happy Sunday with her, how could he doesn't feel so happy. His heart filled up with a joyful feels.

Yein stares at Jungkook with a smile slowly appears in her face. She is happy, even if the world hate her because of him, she still thankful to have a friend like him.

A friend, yeah...

Maybe Yein haven't realize it yet.


 

Sorry for the late update T - T

Writer block at first, but when I finally got some ideas, I decide to make this chapter a little bit longer, ehe-

Hope you enjoy it~!! ^^

And thank you to subscribe and upvote this story. It gives me spirit to keep writing~ ^o^