Rebuild

Oasis

A blonde sashayed through the corridor, finally reaching her desired door. Without any thoughts, she unlocked the door and entered.

 

"Fany-ah! I'm home!" she yelled, in hopes of letting the pink monster know of her presence. 

 

She absentmindedly strided towards their living room, scanning the place for a black haired woman, her eyes almost closing if not because of a certain figure sitting comfortably at their dorm's house. Taking in the sight, her eyes immediately widened up, followed by the slacking of .

 

The two inhabitants of the room stared at each other, not knowing what to say. In the blonde's case - was because she hadn't spoken with this woman for almost a year and half - and ignored her for years - while for the other, well, let's just say that she's shocked to see her former groupmate in flesh after all this time.

 

The silence was deafening, but it didn't bother them as they stayed still on their respective places.

 

"Jessi here's-" another presence appeared from a room with a notebook in hand, feeling the awkward atmosphere almost immediately, her eyes shifting from the sitting one, to the standing statue. This caused her to fake a cough, earning the two's attentions and ending their staring contest.

 

"O-oh, Tiff you're back" the brunette answered, being the first to wake up, while the other just gave her a questioning look.

 

"Here Jess" Tiffany started walking towards the couch and handed the older her notebook. "May you excuse us for a while?" she added, making the other nod, seeing this, she turned to her bestfriend."Come with me" she ordered, taking a hold of the shorter's arms and leading her to the older's room.

 

"Care to explain Miss Hwang?" the shorter demanded, arms crossed in front of her chests, as soon as the door behind her closed.

 

"Erm, you do know that I will be having my solo debut on May right?" she asked, earning a nod from the blonde. "You see Jessica volunteered to help me write one of the songs, together with Sooyoung" she explained, but the blonde's expression was blank.

 

"So you've been in touch with her?" 

 

"Well yes, we never lost communication you know"

 

"Everyone else too?"

 

"Yup"

 

"But how come I didn't?!" she half whispered and shouted.

 

"She didn't give you her new number?" 

 

"She didn't" was the answer, her eyes on the floor.

 

"Maybe she thought that you didn't want to keep in touch anymore?" Tiffany guessed. "And we all know you've been avoiding her for years now. So maybe she decided it'll be better for you both" she added confidently as she put a hand on the older's shoulder, slightly patting her. "I'll be going now, I don't want to make her wait" and was followed by the opening and closing of the door.

 

Taeyeon dragged herself to her bed,plopping straight down with a sigh.

 

"Sorry for that Jessi, so, where were we?" a voice spoke, pulling Jessica from the outer space.

 

"Was she mad?" she asked with knitted brows, ignoring the eyesmiling queen's question.

 

The younger just smiled at what she heard. "She's not, though she seemed upset that she only saw you now"

 

"Why would she be?" Tiffany just shrugged.

 

"So, going back to our business, what about we add these lyrics instead of the first one?" Tiffany asked, scribbling on a page.

 

"Sure, then we'll put these next, that way it'll be matched and with a deeper meaning" the brunette followed, giving her own ideas.

 

**********

 

Inside a room, a blonde has been tossing and turning on her bed but she can't bring herself to sleep as voices from outside are keeping her conciousness at bay, especially the singing voice of a certain someone, one that she hasn't heard in person for more than a year.

 

Jessica and Tiffany are singing the song they were working on, with Sooyoung listening to the other side of the phone.

 

"Don't know what to do, baby

'Cause I'm not over you

What do I do, baby?

I'm still in love
And I can't seem to move on
I'm afraid of being apart
I'm sitting here alone and lost and broken
What do I do?"

 

Tiffany sang the chorus first - as what Taeyeon deducted.

 

"Why don't we do it like this..." Jessica trailed, and Taeyeon imagined her preparing to sing. 

"Don't know what to do, baby
'Cause I'm not over you
What do I do, baby?
You're still the one
And I can't seem to forget
I'm afraid of being apart
I'm sitting here on my own and confused
So what do I do?"
"What about that Tiff?" she asked after she sang.

 

"Good actually, it sounds better. What about you Soo?" she asked the person on the other line.

 

"Jessica's version is also considerable, so why don't we combine the ideas and make it like this" Taeyeon assumed that Sooyoung was talking but she of course couldn't hear her.

"Don't know what to do, baby
'Cause I'm not over you
What do I do, baby?
You're still the one
And I can't seem to move on
I'm afraid of being apart
I'm sitting here alone and lost and confused
So what do I do?" 

 

Sooyoung finished singing. "So?"

 

"It sounded great! We'll go with that!" Tiffany squealed in glee, Jessica agreeing with her. "And the meaning's not weird"

 

"Girl's I gotta go,have a date!" Sooyoung said over the phone.

 

"Bye Soo, thankyou" the Americans bid.

 

"Me too Tiff, It's getting late, I still need to drop by somewhere so I'm afraid I need to go" The brunette stated in an apologetic tone.

 

"Don't talk like that, we've been friends for years! Why are you being so reserved?" Tiffany teased with all smiles.

 

Jessica giggled before answering. "You're right. But you're still my senior in soloing"

 

"Whatever, you're such a big help Jess, in turn, want me to help you with yours?" she suggested.

 

"I'm done with mine Tiff, and I'm glad to be of help" the slightly shorter said as she stood up, Tiffany following her.

 

"Guess see you next time then?" The younger asked, hugging her close friend.

 

"Sure, give me a call" the older suggested as she returned the embrace. "Should I say goodbye to her?" she asked, pointing towards the door of the blonde's room, but Tiffany just shrugged. 

 

The brunette walked over the table, ripped a piece of paper and then wrote something, after that, she headed to the closed door and knock thrice.

 

"Umm..Tae-...Taeyeon?" she called but no answer. "Maybe she's sleeping?" she mumbled to herself, not knowing that the blonde is just fifteen centimeters away from her. "Goodnight" she said before crouching down and inserted the paper on the space between the floor and door. "I'll be going now Tiff" she bid farewell as she turned to the front door.

 

On the other side of the closed door, a blonde stood still, boring holes into the piece of paper, as if examining if it's real or not, after a good five minutes, she decided to pick it up and read the words written in it.

 

"Hey, I'm sorry for losing contact with you for a long time. If you ever wish to rebuild our ties, feel free to call me! If not...well...you decide" she read out loud, then noticed a string of numbers beneath, and before she knew it, she was saving the digits into her phone, a smile plastered on her face.


_________________

 

A.N : Not much Taengsic interaction I think. I didn't bother to re-read this, so if there are mistakes, I bed your pardon. This entered my mind when I was watching Tiff's showcase on V App earlier this morning. I might make a second part...well, 'might' if I find my diligence and urge to write. I'm not promising anything okay? lol