Atlantis

Oasis

​A.N: I'm not sure of what I wrote...

 
------
 
 
"We are now with Miss Jessica Jung, a young and brave Korean diver, who willingly took up the honor to reveal the mysteries regarding the lost city of Atlantis" the reporter beside her introduced as he showed the vast waters surrounding the yacht they were occupying. "How do you feel Miss Jung?"
 
 
"Thankyou, I am so much honored to be able to even try unveiling one of the wonders of this world" she answered politely, fully clothed in her diving suit.
 
 
"Aren't you worried?" He asked, earning a questioning look from the other. "Many already attempted to dive deeper but they never succeeded, they always tend to black out and then, won't wake up anymore"
 
 
"I'm not afraid, I'm willing to take the risk for humanity, it's the least I could do" was her answer
 
 
"Very well, I will take my leave now to leave you some time to prepare, I wish you luck Miss Jung" he said before entering inside.
 
 
Jessica stared off into a distance. 'Father, I will discover what you didn't and continue your steps' she thought.
 
 
------
Jessica's PoV
 
 
"Jessica, ready?" Hara,my company asked as she put on her tank, I nodded at her. "Relax, you seem like you're preparing for war" she joked while I glared at her.
 
 
"This is war Hara, you know that-" she cutted through
 
 
"Yeah yeah, I know that it's a war against human knowledge" she continued, rolling her eyes
 
 
"Let's go" I said just before I leaned towards the water, the cameraman, Hara, and many others followed suit.
 
 
They were giving me directions on where to go, I obliged,but I was still leading the pack to get deeper and deeper, suddenly, currents whirled, creating a whirlpool and unfortunately I was caught, Hara was reaching over to me, but she couldn't, my surroundings kept on spinning around, until everything went white so I'm kind of sure I didn't pass out, then I felt warm wind surround me, how weird it is, and the spinning motion stopped- that's when I lost consciousness.
 
 
------
 
 
I fluttered my eyes open, and indulge the scenery, I wasn't in the ocean anymore, I tried to sit up then I heard a voice shout.
 
 
"Atlas! The human is awake!" I looked over to my right to be welcomed by curious eyes making me bolt up and crawl away out of reflex.
 
 
"Ohh, that agility is good" the sole dark skinned one commented as she nodded, as if agreeing to herself, okay, one weird person.
 
 
"You" a voice spoke behind me, I immediately turned around only to be met by piercing eyes, but of course I can be on par. "A mere human dares to glare at a god?" She scoffed, what God?
 
 
"Where am I? Answer me midget!" I demanded as I stood up and walked slowly towards her, but she didn't seem fazed, before I could come any closer, the other girls immediately surrounded her.
 
 
"Don't you dare talk to Atlas like that!" One, who was smaller than this 'Atlas' hissed, hah, as if I'm scared of her, I raised a brow.
 
 
"Who are you guys anyway?" I asked "And where am I? What's up with those clothes? Is there a cosplay party somewhere?"
 
 
"We must be the one asking you that" the tallest one said "Human who trespassed!" She hissed,wait, don't tell me they are crazy? "What does cosplay even mean"
 
 
"Tell me your name human" the midget demanded
 
 
"Excuse me miss but, it's rude to ask someone their name without saying yours first" I said, causing her to scrunch her brows.
 
 
"I said don't talk like that to Atlas!" The shortest one grumbled and raised her sword, her companions followed,oh dear, looks like I was kidnapped by psychos.
 
 
"Chill! Name's Jessica, Jessica Jung!" I exclaimed, I don't want their swords shoved down my throat!
 
 
"Maia" the shostest redhaired said, I again raised a brow, so their really cosplaying? "In human Korean name will be Sunkyu"
 
"Electra" the eyesmiling one said, but I can't bring myself to smile back as their swords are still directed towards me. "Miyoung in Korean"
 
"Taygete" a shorthaired blonde said as she nodded, I nodded back. "Hyoyeon"
 
 
"Alcyone" the darkskinned said as she put her sword down and offered her hand which I stared at. "Yuri's the human name, Humans do these things when meeting someone right?" She asked, brows furrowed, I was about to take her hand when the shortest- or Maia intervened.
 
 
"Alcyone! Who told you to bring down your guard?!" She hissed.
 
 
"Maia, does she even look harmful? Look! Those weird things attached to her earlier are now gone" now that she mentioned it, my diving suit is replaced by a robe similar to theirs, what, are they maniacs too?!
 
 
"She's right Maia" the girl who was at the center finally spoke, making Maia bow slightly and ordered the others to keep their arms.
 
 
"I'm Celaeno" the tallest said, she was smiling so I returned it back. "Sooyoung I think?" And she grinned.
 
 
"Sterope" another tall one introduced. "Hmm, Yoona"
 
 
"Merope" the seemingly quiet one spoke."Juhyun", then I turned towards the I-think-leader and raised my brow when she didn't take a hint. 
 
 
"You" I called while looking at her, then I heard a growl, must be Maia again, or Sunkyu.
 
 
"What do you want human" she asked, her expression unchanging.
 
 
"Name"
 
 
"I believe that I don't need to reveal my name to a mere human like you"
 
 
"What the hell? Are you kidding?!"
 
 
"What do you mean by kidding? Would you mind explaining your words to me?"
 
 
"Argh just tell me your name!" 
 
 
"Atlas is my name, remember that human"
 
 
"No 'human' name? And why do you keep on calling me human?! Are you gods? You aren't-"
 
 
"We are gods" Alcyone said while smiling making my mouth open up in shock, then I laughed, hard.
 
 
"You? Gods? Really? So am I dead now?!" I half shouted while laughing, not believing a bit.
 
 
"Silence human" Atlas- as she called herself, exclaimed. "I don't have a human name, I don't need one."
 
 
"But how do you expect me to believe you?" I huffed as I rolled my eyes.
 
 
"Then Jessica" Merope, who seemed like the youngest, spoke, diverting my attention to her. "What do you remember before waking up here?"
 
 
"Huh?" I thought, hard. "I was in a kind of diving expedition for Atlantis then a whirlpool caught me, then I felt a warm sensation with everything turning white, that's all I remember before passing out"
 
 
"That warm feeling was you being transported to our world, if what you humans call, it will be some kind of portal" Miyoung, the eyesmile girl answered, no way right? I had my brows knitted, not believing the lies, of course, there must be some kind of scientific explanation-
 
 
"Atlas, seems like she still doesn't believe us" Sunkyu said more calmly this time.
 
 
"Let her be-" Atlas couldn't continue what she was saying when someone came over flying, wait, flying?! I stared in shock at this girl who had little feathers near her head and a pair on her shoes, I wiped my eyes but she's still flying, what the hell? Am I dreaming?
 
 
"Altas! Atlas!" She shouted "Her human companions might break the barrier! They are getting closer and closer"
 
 
"What?! Pleiades, go and seal the portals close and keep the barriers up, we cannot let more humans in" she answered and I saw her glancing at me. Upon her words, the other seven kneeled with their head bowed down.
 
 
"Absolutely!" They shouted in unison, then each flew off with the little kid,my mouth was again left ajar.
 
 
"Human, follow me" Atlas said, and as I diverted my attention towards her, she was already far, I grunted as I jogged towards her, I hate running.
 
 
"Why don't you have a 'human' name?" Great Jessica, you're so smart, what a nice question.
 
 
"I don't need one" she merely answered.
 
 
"Why?" I asked again, making her stop and glare at me.
 
 
"I don't go up in human land, that's for the Pleiades to take care of" then she resumed walking
 
 
"Pleaides?"
 
 
"My companions that were created because of me and for me"
 
 
"Huh?" I saw her sigh, I just pouted, I'm not familiar with these.
 
 
"In human world, you can say that they are my daughters" she answered.
 
 
"Oh" then I saw where we were, I think this is a temple, similar to the Greek ones, on top of a mountain where we overlook a city- an ancient city. I admired the place, it was majestic, there were waterfalls on floating islands,the moon was so close. "Atlantis..." I mumbled.
 
 
"How did you know that this is Atlantis?" Atlas asked me, my eyes widened up.
 
 
"This is really Atlantis?" I confirmed and she nodded. "But, wasn't Atlantis the lost city? Like the island was submerged deep into the ocean due to the Atlanteans angering the greek gods-" I was interrupted by a chuckle, I looked over my side and saw Atlas smiling, I thought frowning was her only expression, she should smile more often.
 
 
"Humans have great imaginations" she let out then her face returned to normal
 
 
"Huh?" I blurted as we made our way down the mountain
 
 
"Atlantis was a very prosperous city once, we were rich in natural minerals which we transported to other countries, making us known. I was the ruler of this land, we were living quietly as the gods suddenly waged war, I had no choice but to seek the help of my father Poseidon, this was the solution he had discussed with Zeus, to eliminate the island from the land and bury it deep in the ocean, to the point where no one can remember its existence and its greatness. They misunderstood us, thinking that we were expanding our influences to overthrow the gods" she told me sadly, but she was still calm, calm... Taeyeon...
 
 
"Taeyeon" I whispered 
 
 
"What?" She eyed me, her eyes questioning.
 
 
"I'll call you Taeyeon" I declared "Because Atlas doesn't seem to suit you"
 
 
"And why is that? I demand an answer from you"
 
 
"Cause you're short?" I answered, grinning. "As you said, you are a Titan god, but look at your stature" then I shrugged.
 
 
"You dare question my power, human?" She asked, about to raise her hand.
 
 
"Umm, no?" I chuckled nervously.
 
 
"Taeyeon" I heard her whisper. "It's a nice name human, you deserve my gratitude, what is it that you wish for?" She formally asked.
 
 
"Call me by my name, that's all I desire" okay? I caught their ancient speaking disease.
 
 
"Very well Jessica"
 
 
"Taeyeon, would you mind me asking questions?" I asked as she patted the head of a child we passed by.
 
 
"Go on"
 
 
"Why am I here?"
 
 
"You are not the first one who came here" she answered "Many others who were wearing  the same things as you did."
 
 
"But they all died" I continued for her and she gave me a sad look
 
 
"Unfortunately"
 
 
"Would you mind telling me how?"
 
 
"Same as you, the first ones walked around the city" she paused as she waved towards the citizens who noticed her. "We wanted them to stay so we took them around, then they saw the riches of our land, they showed a lust for riches and turned violent, then I had no choice but to steal their life. Would you end up like them?" She asked with those pleading eyes.
 
 
"I don't promise to stay" I answered "But I will not do the same as them" I assured. "Then, do you know of a man named Taewoo?" I asked, hoping that she might have met my father.
 
 
"I did, he was a great man but..."
 
 
"Just like the others he perished..." 
 
 
"What relation is it that you have with him?"
 
 
"He was my father"
 
 
"I'm sorry" she apologized 
 
 
"Don't be, but can you tell me the reason? You said that he was a great man"
 
 
"He really was a great man, he helped my people with the crops, for the architecture to become better, but an Atlantean killed him..." She trailed. "It turned out that he was jealous of him"
 
 
"I see"
 
 
"I am very sorry for not being able to protect him"
 
 
"It's fine, no way that I will get angry over the past"
 
 
"Then Jessica, it's your turn to answer my questions"
 
 
"Shoot"
 
 
"What shoot?" I facepalmed.
 
 
"I meant 'say it'" I quoted and she nodded, as if telling herself to remember the word.
 
 
"Why do you humans seek my island?"
 
 
"It is out of curiosity, we found photographs of a city below the Atlantic ocean and theories popped-... Theories were made, thus, resulting on further investigations, but no one succeeded, and I think I know why"
 
 
"The humans might have seen my country when it had it's defenses down. Then, will you be revealing my country?" She asked, I can see that she was worried but she had her calm face on.
 
 
"No" then she smiled. "Humans are hungry beasts, and I don't know the extent of our hunger" I shrugged.
 
 
"Jessica, do you want to go there?" She pointed above, to the floating island, I nodded vigorously, causing her to chuckle, then she held out her hand, which I took. "Hold on tight, we can't have you falling" then I felt my feet leave the ground, I clung on Taeyeon, then we were already in the middle, I relaxed more and let the wind flow over me. "Look down" I shook my head. "Trust me" she whispered, making me open my eyes slowly, the I saw the setting sun, my eyes grew amazement. "Beautiful" she mumbled.
 
 
"This is awesome" I told her when we landed.
 
 
"Then, would you stay?" She asked, hoping.
 
 
"I'm sorry but I can't" I answered as we sat down and dipped our feet in the water.
 
 
"Why can't you?"
 
 
"I don't belong here Taeyeon"
 
 
"But..."
 
 
"We may meet again" I assured, hoping to raise her mood up. Then I looked around. "How come that nobody's here?"
 
 
"They can't fly" she answered, referring to the people below. "They are mortals"
 
 
"Woah"
 
 
"I know,and it's kind of lonely for them to leave once they grow old, but there's nothing I could do, it's a great thing that the Pleiades are here for me, even some of my heavenly friends visit so that covers up the loneliness"
 
 
"I never actually believed in gods" I fessed up
 
 
"How come is that?"
 
 
"It was so fictional, to good to be true"
 
 
"Then, you better believe now" she said, grinning
 
 
"Yes, How can I not when one is sitting just beside me?" I declared, smiling. "Taeyeon, I think I-" I couldn't continue my confession when my head suddenly hurt.
 
 
"Jessica? Jessica!" Was all I heard before I passed out.
 
 
-----
 
 
"Ugh, what happened?" I groggily asked as I sat up,I'm always passing out. I saw Taeyeon beside me, wearing a worried face, when she saw me awake, she immediately hugged me, then I heard sobbing, I rubbed her back gently, whispering that I'm alright.
 
 
"Atlas-" Merope, or Seohyun couldn't continue what she was saying, when she saw us like this.
 
 
"Merope what's-" Alcyone or Yuri entered next, and she shared the same look as Merope, shock, then she blinked many times, I prevented myself from laughing as they were still holding swords. "P-Pleiades! Gather now! We have an urgent matter!" She shouted her lungs out, waking Merope up, and in a flash, the other five came.
 
 
"What's the emergency?!" They asked in chorus, they really are sisters, then Yuri pointed to us. Then the five were shocked, but after sometime, I saw Hyoyeon and Sooyoung grin, while the others smiled, except Sunkyu.
 
 
"What did you do to Atlas?!" She raved as she ran towards us.
 
 
"Don't shout Maia" Taeyeon shushed her. "She did me no wrong"
 
 
"Then why were you crying?" She asked, a lot calmer
 
 
"I don't need to answer that. Merope" she called "How is Jessica?"
 
 
"She's now fine Atlas, I already ordered Hermes to gather knowlagde upon Jessica's ordeal" as if on cue, Hermes entered.
 
 
"Atlas, Pleiades, I have asked every god for information, but none of the knew the cause, except the gods associated with love..." I heard a few gasps, I saw the worried faces of the Pleiades while Taeyeon remained as calm as she is.
 
 
"Atlas" I heard Miyoung.
 
 
"I know" Taeyeon said. "But, do we not have any other way?" She asked, as if pleading, the gazes of the Pleiades softened.
 
 
"Atlas, you know the answer to that very well" Hyoyeon said
 
 
"Yes, excuse me for a while" then she stood up and walked away. I eyed the Pleiades, who were showing remorse.
 
 
"What just happened?" I asked, waking them from their trance.
 
 
"Atlas cannot fall in love anymore" Hermes answered for me. "And no one, should love her back either."
 
 
"Do we need to explain further?" Sunkyu asked, and I shook my head and stood up, following Taeyeon's path, then I saw her sitting and her back leaned against the column.
 
 
"Isn't the moon lovely?" She suddenly spoke, guess she felt my presence.
 
 
"Yes it is" I answered as I sat beside her. "Taeyeon I-"
 
 
"No... Don't say it" she looked at my eyes, pleading. "Please don't " I saw tears about to escape her eyes so I looked away.
 
 
We sat there in silence, memorizing how it felt to be beside each other. Then I glanced at her, I saw her also looking at me, I leaned closer, but before I captured her lips, she covered her own, making my lips land on the back of her hand. She removed her hand when I backed away, she then landed a kiss on where I did, it was a simple but sweet gesture.
 
 
"Shall we go back?" She asked as she stood up and offered her hand
 
 
"Yes" I let out as I held her hand tight, we walked back hand in hand.
 
 
"Ready?" Yuri asked with a sad smile on her face, both of us nodded, then we reluctantly let go of each others hand.
 
 
Sooyoung ushered me to a round elevated platform.
 
 
"Jessica" Taeyeon called me, she handed me something, it was an earth-shaped diamond, I smiled at her but tears made her image blurry, but I could tell that she was also crying. "Till we meet again" she whispered as she cupped my face, I held and kissed her hand.
 
 
"It's time" Hermes said, making us let go.
 
 
"Till we meet again" I whispered back, then warm wind again enveloped me as pure white took over.
 
 
------
 
 
"Jessica? Jessica?" I heard a voice calling me and I opened my eyes slowly, I saw Hara's and my team's worried faces.
 
 
"What happened?" I asked.
 
 
"You suddenly passed out when currents took over" she said. "We too were almost caught"
 
 
I guess I was just a dream after all...
 
 
"Let's go" she said as my teammates held me up, then I heard something fall, I looked over and saw an earth-shaped diamond. I immediately took it.
 
 
"Go first" I told them as I gained balance
 
 
"You sure?" Hara asked, she was reluctant to leave me alone so I smiled at her.
 
 
"I am" then they all entered the yacht.
 
 
I spaced off a distance, holding the diamond near my chest.
 
 
"I will meet you again, wait for me" I mumbled as I planted a kiss on the object.
 
 
"Surely" I faintly heard a voice, I looked around but found no one, but I'm sure that it was Taeyeon, smiling, I went inside.