Reserved This Finger Just For You

Break Me Down, Build Me Stronger

"Park Jimin?"

"Here!"

"Lee Hongki?"

"Present."

"Yoon Mai?"

I removed an earbud and looked up, "Here!"

The roll call droned on and somewhere between announcements ending and the bell ringing I was getting ready to leave when my homeroom teacher, Mr. Choi, called me over.

"Yes, Mr.Choi?" I blinked. I wasn't in a hurry, i had a free first period.

"Ah yes, your grades this past month have been excellent. I was wondering if you'd be willing to do some peer tutoring for other students. There is one other student besides yourself that I have reccomended this too, so you two will be teaching together after school. How does that sound? You'll get service hours for it." He smiled at me as he began unpacking papers, his first period class was slowly draining into the room.

"Sounds good. I  just need to double check my schedule to see which days I don't have any club activities after school."

"Okay, let me know your answer by tomorrow during homeroom." Mr. Choi responded, shooing me out of the classrooom. With a wave goodbye I left the room and headed towards the library for the rest of the period.


The bell for last period finally rang, I grabbed my jacket from my locker and than made my way through the crowd to the band room. Minhyuk was sitting at the drumset, but didn't acknowledge my presence. I put my backpack down and began opening up my guitar case, which I had started leaving here since last week. Once I had finally hooked up my guitar to the amp, the door opened and in walked Yonghwa with Jonghyun and Jungshin.

"Hi Mr. Student Council President." I grinned at Jonghyun, who rolled his eyes with a lopsided grin. Junghin laughed at the comment, but Yonghwa was quiet. Too quiet. The idiot drummer must have noticed too since he said, "Hyung, you okay?"

"I'm failed my English test."

"What the heck was it on?" I blinked in shock.

"Poetry." He mumbled.

"Speaking of failing, Mr. Choi asked if I could do peer tutoring after school. Wanna come? I can help you." I offered as I tuned my guitar.

"Sounds good. We have band on thursdays and fridays. You can only tutor Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays." Yonghwa said.

"Tuesdays are for student council meetings, Ms. Class Rep." Jonghyun reminded.

"Yeah, but I'm only needed for the first ten minutes. I can leave after, right?"

"I suppose I could make an exception." he smirked. There was an unusual lack of beat in the room, we all turned to look at Minhyuk who had just dropped his drumsticks.

"Wait- you're doing the tutoring, too?!" he exclaimed in shock as he stared at me.

"Yeah, why- WAIT YOU'RE THE OTHER KID HE ASKED?!" I responded in and equal tone.

"I'll go tell Choi I'm doing it." he said immediately, picking up his drumsticks and walking towards the door.

"Hey Minhyuk!" 

"What?" he turned around.

"See you after school on Monday!" I sneered as I gave him the middle finger I had reserved just for him.

"Yeah, yeah, you, too, Yoon Mai." he snickered as he mirrored the gesture and walked out the door.