I Don't Wanna Mess This Thing Up

Break Me Down, Build Me Stronger

Let me build you back up. Let me build you stronger.

His words echoed in my head. I looked over from where I was lying on the couch, he was sitting on the floor, leaning against the coffee table. The television was on, but I stopped paying attention to what was playing hours ago. We had all decided to have a group sleep over at Yonghwa's apartment. It would be Yonghwa who broke the silence.

"Is it just me or can you just feel the tension between the only straight people in the room?"

"I thought it was just me, you two can adore each other. We know you're dating."

"We're not-" I began but stopped as Minhyuk had now directed his attention to me, his stare gave me chills. 

"You never answered me when I asked you." he said now, standing up and walking to the couch.

"I don't recall you asking me." I said in a lower voice. He was now straddling me, leaning over so we could be face to face. I think Jonghyun attempted to whistle, but Jungshin covered his boyfriend's mouth in time.

"Go out with me." He asked, leaning his forehead against mine once more.

"Is that a request or a demand?" I murmur, he keeps getting closer. Our breath mingles in the small space between us.

"Request." he whispers, his eyes flicker to mine.

"Request confirmed and Accepted." I chuckle before his lips meet mine again.

(several heated moments later...)

"While I'm glad you two have finally admitted your unrequited adoration for each other, could you guys- oh i dunno- STOP MAKIN OUT BEFORE YOU TWO HAVE ON MY COUCH." Yonghwa finally said after having to witness and hear our rather...intense makeout session.

"Yeah no kidding, I was worried someone's face was gonna come off." Jungshin said, his face buried in his hands in embarrassment.

"Jungshin, you couldv'e been making out with me..." Jonghyun fluttered his eyes before leaning towards his boyfriend, "I haven't touched you all week."

"OH GOD DID NOT NEED TO KNOW THAT." the lead singer grumbled as he facepalmed.

"You're just jealous because you and Hongki haven't had in over two weeks." I rolled my eyes, "what did you two fight about anyway?"

Everyone's eyes were now focused on Yonghwa, who was no awkwardly looking down. Minhyuk cleared his throat, waiting for the other to continue speaking, and Jonghyun was tapping impatient beats on the couch. We all stared at him until his will broke.

"He caught me watching SNSD videos." He admitted.

"So- don't tell me you were..." Jonghyun motioned with his hands.

"No, no. He just overreacted when I told him which was my bias."

"You tried to get him to wear some for rolplay didn't you." I blinked, unamused. The only response we received was Yonghwa hanging his head in shame.


"I don't think this is a good idea." Yonghwa whined as we were now standing in front of Hongki's apartment. Rather than responding, Jungshin yelled, "LEE HONGKI, YOU OWE A HUNDRED BUCKS. PAY UP."

All of us looked at him confused, Jungshin just grinned as the door opened and a messy hair Hongki in a fluffy bathrobe appeared.

"If I give you a buck fifty, will you stop yelling. What time is it any wa- what the hell is Yonghwa doing here?" he yawned.

"He's here to apologize, and if you're offering me more, then gimme two hundred cuz we all had to deal with his drunk ." We all stared at Jungshin in shock, since when was he the betting king?

"Fine, y'all can come in and-"

"That won't be necessary, also you owe myself and my darling boyfriend another hundred each because guess who finally got together." He said, nodding to myself and Minhyuk.

Hongki grumbled before pulling out some extra dollar bills and grumbling about his luck. He looked at Yonghwa, who had now decided to part of his trenchcoat. With a jopped jaw, Hongki pulled him inside. After the door was shut there was a loud bang on the door and everyone signed with relief as they eard a muffled moan.


Jungshin and Jonghyun were about to part from us before we got the chance to speak to them, luckily I am a smart one.

"Alright, Gimme my hundred bucks." I said. The two blinked at me so I continued, "$50 from dealing with Yong-hungover and $50 because if anyone is making money off of anything dealing with this guys its me. We get a hundred each. You two get a hundred each to spend on whatever you two want."

"But-" Jungshin began, but he was cut off as Jonghyun doled out the money to us. Minhyuk looked like he was about to say something, but kept quiet. I stepped on his foot for good measure.

"OW! What the heck was that for?" Minhyuk cringed in pain.

"You looked like you were gonna say something stupid."

"But that doesn't mean you can just-" I leaned forward and he melted into the sudden kiss, I pulled away.

"Good night, Minhyuk."

"Can I at least walk you home?" his eyes were staring into mine as if he was a sad puppy who didn't want to leave his owner, I could feel my legs turning into jelly. Jungshin intervened, "I'll walk her home, we live near each other anyway."

Minhyuk reluctantly agreed before muttering about how the five of us should just live together since we're practically at the same place even on weekends.

I exhaled, silently thanking Jungshin for intervening as we began heading towards our neighborhood. I was quivering as I felt Minhyuk's stare burning into to me. 

 


ProcrastiNote: **sends love to readers and subscribers** AP Exams are coming up, so I probably won't be updating for a few weeks. See you all soon! <333