Speechless Disarray

Break Me Down, Build Me Stronger

 

I stared up at the ceiling, staring at my hand as I recalled what had happened earlier...

(several hours earlier)

His posture was stiff as he grabbed my wrist. His eyes dashing, as if he was searching for something. But he was closer now. Closer. Closer.

"I already told you."

I felt warmth on my lips, a fluttering breath grazing my skin. Pulling away for a moment he whispered, "You're perfect."

My eyes widened as I felt his lips on mine again. Perfect. He called me perfect. 

"He actually has feelings for her, but despises how perfect she is since she would never like someone flawed like him."

"Well that's a backwards way of showing affection." I said turning to him, finding his face closer to me than expected. The tip of his nose grazing against mine. He was too close. I could feel the soft breeze of his breath, I coud practically hear it.

"I don't think so." Minhyuk responded, refusing to look away from eyes.

Then that means he- he-

"OW, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?!" He yelled as he clutched his stomach, glaring at me. My knuckles were stinging. Why did I do that? I don't-

"I gotta go." I muttered, turning away and running home. 

(present time)

My other hand gently touched my lips.

Did I hate it? No.

Did I like it? I don't know.

Why didn't I kiss him back? I was in shock.

Would I want to kiss him again? 

That question was now stuck in my head. Even if I wanted to- I doubt he would since I punched him. I wouldn't be suprised if I walked into school on Monday and got pushed into a locker and then beat up after band practice. He probably hates me, he- My phone buzzed. It was Jonghyun.

 

From: Jonguitar

hey maithai, you make it home?

 

To: Jonguitar

stop calling me maithai. and yes, i got home safely.

 

From: Jonguitar

that good soiofdspanc;mpierp

about earlier, i'm sorry. and my stomach hurts. -Hyuk

 

To: Jonguitar

uhm...did you just apologize?
and yeah, sorry for punching you

 

From: Jonguitar

yes i did. you apologized too ^A^ -Hyuk

 

To: Jonguitar

want me to kiss it better -_- kekeke

 

From: Jonguitar

O///O shut up and yes I would. -Hyuk
I'm going to ignore whatever the hell I just read... Yonghwa wanted me to tell you we have rehearsal tomorrow.-Jonghyun

 

To: Jongguitar

he could have texted me himself what happened?

 

From: Jonguitar

he and hongki fought
he is lying on his couch drunk
drunk af hyuk was running around texting you with my phone

amazing lyrics were written


To: Jonguitar

fine. see you tomorrow jonguitar

 

From: Jonguitar

aha you called me jonguitar. therefore i can call you maithai

 

I rolled my eyes and tossed my phone on my night table before falling asleep.

 


 

"I've brought ingredients for hangover soup." I said as Minhyuk opened the door to Yonghwa's apartment. His hair was a mess, his shirt wrinkled, he smelled like soju. He ruffled his hair as he gestured for me to come in.

"Hangover soup...sounds really.....good....actually."

"I know, where's Jonghyun? I bought all the ingredients he texted." I asked as I slipped off my shoes and made my way into the living room.

"Yoon Mai!" a hungover Yonghwa yelled from the couch, "Why you make -hic- Minhyukie cry? You -hic- shouldn't make him cry-hic- he-" Minhyuk clamped his hand over the other's mouth and pretended to soothe his friend.

"And you shouldn't make your Hongki cry, and yet here we are." my answer was responded with sobbing, I looked to Minhyuk, "Too soon?"

"Jonghyun's in the kitchen." he said, looking away.

I shrugged and walked into the kitchen. Jonghyun and Jungshin were sitting on the kitchen counter drinking tea, talking about something.

"Yo, I brought the ingredients." I said, setting the bag on the table. The two looked up, and Jungshin left the room. I grinned, "How was tending the drunk beauties?"

"Why did Minhyuk come home with a hurting stomach and a desire to drown in booze?"

"I'm guessing it wasn't too good, huh?"

"You didn't answer my question." he said as he hopped off the counter.

"But I answered my own." I shrugged as I looked away, beginning to take the ingredients out of the bag.

"Why did I just watch two of my friends drink themselves into oblivion when it only should have been one?"

"because..." I looked around, why was I nervous?

"because, what?"

"Because-"

"Where's the soup? Yonghwa's throwing up in the bathroom again." Minhyuk stumbled into the kitchen with a yawn, "Jungshin's with him."

Jonhyun rushed to the bathroom to go help his friends. The messy haired drummer looked at me and sauntered forwards. I looked him up and down, "you're cute when you drunk text."

"what were you going to tell him?"

"huh?"

"you said because."

"I was going to give the excuse of because you're an . but you and I both know that's not true." I said as he was now chest to chest to me.

"you punched me." He said, putting his arms on the table, leaning forward as I leaned onto the table.

"I was shocked."

"You ran away."

"You bullied me for years."

"I kissed you."

"Kiss me again and I won't run this time." I whispered. He tasted like stale breath and soju. He tasted warm and sweet. His tongue my lips and I obliged to his request as he deepened the kiss. My hands were in his hair, his hands were on my waist. He bit my lip and I moaned before returning the action.

"Perfect." He mumbled into the kiss.

"Stupid." I mumbled back.

"Idiots." Jonhyung and Jungshin chorused as the entered the kitchen with a cleaned up Yonghwa.

We all sat around the table slurping our soup contently in an awkward silence. The tension, were it to be hit with a drumstick, would have resembled a solid thud. Minhyuk's foot was caressing my leg under the table. Yonghwa finally broke the silence, "So how long have you two been going out without telling me?"

"We haven't been dating." Minhyuk and I said immediately at the same time the other two said, "About a year and a half."