Now What

Break Me Down, Build Me Stronger

"Hold the fricking chili powder, you two are dating?!" I stared at the two.

"I don't know why you're having the chili powder being witheld when you can't eat spicy food anyway." Minhyuk muttered with a smirk. I glanced over at him, "I will kick you."

"Will you kiss it better afterwards?" He teased. 

"Maybe," I said rolling my eyes before looking back to the other two, "but seriously, why has no one old me this?"

Jonghyun and Jungshin exchanged glances with smirks, scratching the back of their heads awkwardly. Yonghwa tapped his foot impatiently, "I'd like to know, as well."

Jonghyun started, no surprise consideing he was usually the one who spoke whenever we had gigs, "Well, we didn't wanna cause any problems, especially since you two are always having lover quarrels."

"What problems? I've been shipping you guys since I've known you." Minhyuk grinned as slurped some of the soup.

"As have I. Oh and, we do not have lovers quarrels." I glared.

"Weren't you two making out just now." Junghshin responded with a cheeky grin leaning his head on one of his hands.

"That's-" I began only to be interrupted by accused lover.

"You will be informed at a later date of that situation." the drummer winked at me before leaning back slightly in his seat, "More importantly, when did you two get together, we had bets going. I need to know if I won."

"What bets?" Jonghyun demanded before I said, "True...I need to know if I'm losing out or I'm getting free food."

"The gig at the coffee shop when Yonghwa insisted that the good kisser he met the night before was cinderella until Hongki walked in like 'hey I like your lips'" Jungshin, "I asked him out, he squealed like a pre-pubescent girl at a concert before kissing me with those burning lips of his because he thought it was a good idea to kiss after challenging Minhyuk to a hot sauce challenge."

Jonghyun covered his face in embarrassment. I looked at Yonghwa who looked at Minhyuk who looked at me. Minhyuk's face was crestfallen as Yonghwa and I began to smile.


"Mmmm this tastes so good." I said as I bit into another gyoza.

"Japanese is the best." Yonghwa hummed in agreement before we both looked at eachother and sang, "especially when its free."

Minhyuk huffed from his seat across from me and whimpered, "My poor wallet."

Jungshin and Jonghyun chuckled as they shared a large bown of udon soup. Jonghyun looked over to me, "Hey, pass the spicy powder."

"Sure." I said as I grabbed the chili powder from near me and handed it to him. Minhyuk started laughing, we all stared at him, our eyebrows raised in confusion.

"I see you are no longer holding the chil powder." he snorted before I kicked him in the shin, rolling my eyes, "Shut up."

His hand however was now on my leg, gripped under my knee. His thumb now moving back and forth, gently rubbing my skin. I was about to speak, but the warmth of his hand had disappeared and he resumed eating.


The sky reminded me of a Van Gogh painting. Whispy clouds illuminated by the light of the moon, and twinkling stars were close to each other in groups. The streetlamps lit the ground, but made the shadows of the night seem darker. The five of us were heading back to Yonghwa's place for a drama marathon. 

The three of them were walking ahead of me and Minhyuk. Jonghyun and Jungshin were holding hands as they talked with Yonghwa about something. Minhyuk had wanted some privacy during the conversation, he must underestimate Mr. School President's hearing abilities.

"Look, Mai, about before-"

"Not now, Kang." I said and began to walk ahead, but he grabbed my wrist to stop.

"If not now, then when?"

"Can we just talk about it later?"

"No. You know how I feel about you, if that kiss was any hint I kinda know how you feel about me."

I pulled my arm away and confronted him, "You beat me up after school. You made me feel like . You ridiculed me and embarrassed me and tried to make me fail exams. I've been in the hospital more times than I would like to admit because of you. Do not tell me you have the audacity to think you actually have a chance-"

For third time in a span that was probably less than 24 hours, I was once again reacquainted with his lips. Lost in the moment, my hands found their way to his hair, pulling him closer than he already was. As we pulled away he leaned his forehead against mine and said, "I'll make it up to you."

Before I could answer he placed a chaste kiss on my forehead saying, "Let me build you back up." Taking a deep breath he looked into my eyes, whispering, "Let me build you stronger."