Drinking

A Cup of Coffee (A Mina x Chaeyoung Angst)

"Favorite karaoke song?"

"Almost Is Never Enough."

"I sang a lot when I was a trainee."

--------------------------------------------------------------

I'm exhausted...

I just finished doing my solo V-App Live session and I was very nervous the whole time! Elsword was fun but that Sudden Attack session... I didn't do so well.

Aish... I'm so embarrassed.

I checked my phone and they have been congratulating me over our groupchat.

Wait.. Where's Chaeyoung's?

Loud footsteps were heard across the living room, nearing my door and someone came barging in.

"Unnie!" Chaeyoung came in slamming the door and hugged me tightly.

"You really did a great job there!" she said.

The other members followed and congratulated me again on my successful streaming.

"I was trembling inside the whole time! I enjoyed it a lot though."

"Unnie was so funny when she was trying to play Sudden Attack! She couldn't even do anything?" Dahyun mocked me.

"Hey! I saw her play that other shooting game. Uh... What's that called again? Counter-Strike? She's pretty good at it!" Chaeyoung defended me.

"We should celebrate this event!" Momo suggested.

"You're taking this opportunity to just eat a lot." Jihyo reacted and Momo giggled.

"Anyways. Momo is right. We should throw a party for the successful start of our V-App series! Let's order some food outside!" The leader continued.

While the members are arguing on what we should have for dinner, Chaeyoung sat beside me.

"Unnie. You know that I'm gonna be the next one to do the V-App thingy right? ...I'm still thinking on what to do."

"Hm... You should sing! I don't really know why they don't give you more lines."

"I like that idea! Maybe I should show my notebooks too!" Chaeyoung smiled.

"You'll finally have some use for those notebooks." I joked.

"Hey. I'm not the one who plays video games in front of the computer all day!" She was flustered.

"I was just joking! Maybe I should follow you... You're so productive."

"Unnie, just follow your heart." She said.

"I do. That's how I found you."

Hahahaha.

Did I actually just do that?

The flustered teenager turned back into a toddler, giggling.

"Omo omo. You're suddenly so smooth." Chaeyoung was blushing.

We were sitting on the couch, then we found ourselves cuddling with each other. Chaeyoung initiated it.

I am being attacked!

Chaeyoung is in my A site!

Somewhere around my arm area!

I repeat, A site!

I need back up!

Do I plan for the retake or should I just let her plant the bomb in my heart? It's bound to explode in any second now.

Ticking was the time and Chaeyoung held my hand.

And Son Chaeyoung wins the round with the bomb plant in my heart! Myoui Mina, unable to stop Chaeyoung's advances!

Goosebumps.

It felt like a cold wind passed by my whole body yet her hand was so warm. Comfort and emotions were felt in this connection. Something words can't explain. Something unfamiliar for me. Unfamiliar yet it feels like I'm somewhere I belong.

Jungyeon went to us smirking.

"Hahaha. This couple really... Anyways, do you have any other requests, Mina?" Jungyeon asked.

"We're not a couple... We should set up a karaoke, and make Chaeyoung sing!"

"That sounds great!" Jungyeon said. "Everyone, let's set up a karaoke and make Chaeyoung sing!" She announced.

Everyone agreed and started to prepare the karaoke. 

As soon as it was set up, Jihyo hogged the mic in an instant, picking trot songs.

This was the part where I knew that a disaster was brewing.

Jungyeon and Nayeon had this wonderful idea of playing the song "Pick Me", yes that song.

Everyone was jumping in the room, screaming "Pick me pick me pick me up!"

It was a beautiful chaos unfolding in my eyes.

Momo went in the middle and started dancing while Jihyo and Nayeon were screaming on top of their lungs.

It became a cipher when Sana started dancing ily and everyone was cheering. "y-cutie!" The rest followed and Dahyun in the background, sneakily put "Show Me Your Bba-sae" and went to the middle. The cheers skyrocketed as Dahyun was hilariously dancing in the middle.

I feel so bad for our neighbors now. A girl group in their residence raving at night, with no care in the world or their image.

The delivery came and Tzuyu ran to the window, rope tied with the payment in hand and suddenly the room became peaceful. Everyone rushed to get the food and Momo was the one to lead the squad.

Only while eating was the time Jihyo realized that Chaeyoung hasn't sang for us.

"Hey Chaeyoungie, you were supposed to sing?" Jihyo said.

"How could I sing if everyone had their time with the microphone first?" Chaeyoung complained.

"Let me finish eating before I sing, okay unnie?" Chaeyoung continued.

"If that's the case, the celebrant will sing first!" Jihyo gave the mic to me.

I chose Ariana Grande's "Almost Is Never Enough" and everyone started cheering.

I'd like to say we gave it a try
I'd like to blame it all on life
Maybe we just weren't right
But that's a lie, that's a lie

And we can deny it as much as we want
But in time our feelings will show
Cause sooner or later we'll wonder why we gave up
The truth is, everyone knows

Almost, almost is never enough
So close to being in love
If I would have known that you wanted me
The way I wanted you
Then maybe we wouldn't be two worlds apart
But right here in each others arms
And we almost, we almost knew what love was
But almost is never enough

Unexpectedly, the mic was picked up and I looked at who got it.

It was Chaeyoung, ready to sing the guy lines.

If I could change the world overnight
There'd be no such thing as goodbye
You'd be standing right where you were
And we'd get the chance we deserve, oh

Try to deny it as much as you want
But in time our feelings will show
Cause sooner or later we'll wonder why we gave up
The truth is everyone knows

We locked eyes as we sang as one.

Almost, almost is never enough
So close to being in love
If I would have known that you wanted me
The way I wanted you
Then maybe we wouldn't be two worlds apart
But right here in each others arms
And we almost, we almost knew what love was
But almost is never enough

Huh, huh baby
You know, you know baby
Almost, is never enough baby
You know, hey
And we can deny it as much as we want
But in time our feelings will show
Cause sooner or later we'll wonder why we gave up
The truth is, everyone knows

Emotions surged through my whole body, feeling light and heavy at the same time. Her luscious lips harmonized with mine.

Is this what love feels like?

Almost, almost is never enough
So close to being in love
If I would have known that you wanted me
The way I wanted you
Then maybe we wouldn't be two worlds apart
But right here in each others arms
And we almost, we almost knew what love was
But almost is never enough

"Wow... I felt goosebumps." Momo commented.

"It was so good that even Momo stopped eating!" Sana laughed.

"Chaeyoung, why did you sneak in Mina's song?" Nayeon questioned.

"I was done eating and it's my fault Mina unnie was singing." Chaeyoung answered with conviction.

"Anyways, I'm gonna sing Gravity by Sara Bareilles."

Everyone including me where cheering for her, shouting her name. I felt Chaeyoung's gaze onto me. Stuck. Once I caught her, she looked back to the television screen.

I was blushing.

I've always enjoyed Chaeyoung singing. Back in our trainee days, she always rapped, but whenever I saw her singing, I stayed for awhile just to listen. Even up to this day, I ask myself "Why doesn't Chaeyoung get more lines?"

Set me free, leave me be. I don't want to fall another moment into your gravity.
Here I am and I stand so tall, just the way I'm supposed to be.
But you're on to me and all over me.

Is it just the lyrics or are these words coming from Chaeyoung just make me sad. I couldn't help but hide the tears that were forming. My eyes were getting moist.

"Hey Mina unnie, you look like you're crying." Tzuyu said.

"Ah. My eyes were just dry."

Something always brings me back to you
It never takes too long

The song ended but the connection was made. I felt like the song spoke a lot for my feelings for Chaeyoung before. She might be the girl that I wouldn't be able to move on from, even though opportunities to find others might be there. My loyalty is actually my flaw, I invest too much feelings for the ones I love. It ends up with me being at a disadvantage in the end. I guess dating bans have an upside. Still...

"Wow! Our baby's singing is getting really good!" Nayeon said.

"Yeah! You should do that for your V-App!" Momo followed.

"I'm doing it for my V-App, Mina unnie suggested it!" Chaeyoung answered.

"Looks like Mina unnie is your positive energy these days. huh?" Dahyun was poking Chaeyoung.

It's actually the reverse, Dahyun.

"At least Mina unnie recognizes my skills." Chaeyoung replied and smiled at me.

Everyone was complimenting Chaeyoung and I'm really glad for her even though this is my celebration. Seeing her grow up and develop her skills from our trainee days to SIXTEEN and now in TWICE. She's really gifted and talented. Sometimes, even I envy her but I'll be always admiring her...

Everything.

We ate a lot as much as they teased me on what I did on the livestream. The expressions that I did were hilarious honestly. Momo and Sana kept imitating my greetings when I saw Momoring in Elsword, forming a conversation out of the expression.

Seeing all this made me quite emotional and I inadvertently started crying in front of them.

"Why are you crying Mina unnie?" asked Chaeyoung.

"Minari, don't cry!" Sana hugged me.

"It's just that I'm so happy to be with you guys." I said.

Thank you, Lord.