Brewing

A Cup of Coffee (A Mina x Chaeyoung Angst)

"If you were a boy, which SIXTEEN member would you date?"
"For me, Chaeyoungie! She's feminine, but... what is it? Even though she's a girl, she has some cool traits, and she's a little bit y. For me, Chaeyoungie. She's my style."

--------------------------------------------------------------

[gunfire sounds in the background]

"Ah... Really?" as I witnessed getting fragged again for almost a hundred of times.

I lied my head down on the side of my mouse due to helplessness and frustration while the caffeine kicks in, waiting for the next round to start.

I heard the door creak with the welcoming voice of Chaeyoung.

"Unnie, are you playing your video games again? Oh, that's a new one!"

"Yeah, I'm practicing for my V-Live broadcast. I'm going to play Elsword then Sudden Attack for the first time." I responded.

"Can I try it?" She asked with a slight hint of enthusiasm.

Chaeyoung, in all of a sudden, sat on my lap and put her hand on the mouse.

I gotta get a grip...

On her hand probably.

I'm getting nervous. Please get a hold of yourself, Myoui Mina. Please. Please. Please.

"This is pretty hard, unnie." Chaeyoung said after getting fragged herself.

"Y-Yeah it is... Want me to teach you? The score is 14-15 and it's the last round anyway." I prayed to God for my hands to not shake as I lay my hand on top of hers.

The round starts and we went rushing into the bombsite, sniper rifle at hand. The footsteps are coming near, I hear it.

One out of the corner, I hit him with the flick of the wrist. Another one on the firebox, now dead from my wallbang. I spot the last guy by the ticketbooth. A swift kill under my sights.

"Omo. Unnie, you're so good at this!" Chaeyoung was startled.

"I was just lucky, that's all." I responded shyly.

"High five!" She raised her hand as high as she could. Her height made it look so cute.

"With the flick of the wrist!" I high-five'd with a giggle.

The rush of the caffeine and the feeling of Chaeyoung's hand. I was out of control. I was lit.

The feeling was familiar. This was the feeling when I was in SIXTEEN. Not the pressure of getting eliminated, not specifically that, but the feeling of Chaeyoung being beside me or getting disconnected with Chaeyoung. That was it. I was desperate. That MILK interview? I didn't lie one bit.

I liked Chaeyoung. Yes, that kind of liking. I wanted to deny it at first, I never knew that connection was gonna go this deep. I tried to sit down and meditate, just to contemplate on my life. I was turning into a lesbian and being with Chaeyoung totally did not help. The way she interacted with the other members weren't as intimate as she interacted with me. I felt like she was playing with my feelings. I didn't want to assume that she liked me a single bit, the thought just made me crazy.

You know what? My goal for SIXTEEN was to debut with Chaeyoung.

It might be cringy and I didn't want to admit it myself. I was going crazy for a kid. I struggled a lot with this in mind. I couldn't lie to myself, I loved Chaeyoung.

She knows and I hate it when she takes advantage of it, especially in front of the cameras. It makes my brain go wild thinking of possibilities with the question "Does Chaeyoung like me back?" in the center of it. The idea of her just doing in the cameras makes me calmer though it might be tragic, at least I wasn't hoping on anything.

"Are you planning on staying in your room?" She asked me.

"Maybe. Why'd you ask?"

"I just woke up and the other members are out." Chaeyoung told me.

"What do you plan to do then?"

"Maybe we could you know... go out?" Chaeyoung said with a feeling of hesitation.

"...Sure." I responded with the softest audible voice I could do.

I was taken aback. That was the first time she did this and I wanted to kill her.

I would but she already had me dead first.

"Well what are you waiting for? Let's go shower already." and Chaeyoung left the room.

I stepped in the bathroom, opened the shower. I picked up the soap and asked myself,

"Is this really happening?"

Without noticing, I was out of my senses and staring at the soap for a couple of minutes and suddenly somebody hugged me from the back.

I flinched, causing me and the attacker to fall down on our butts. I felt our body press against each other. I stood up as fast as I could.

I looked at who hugged me and it was Chaeyoung.

"Hahahaha! Unnie your face is so red!" She was laughing really hard.

"Don't laugh at me! Why are you here? ...Are you okay?"

"Yeah I'm okay. There was a spider inside our bathroom so I decided to join you. Here let me pick that soap for you." She's still giggling.

Since when did picking up soap look so good? I didn't want to look at the sight but I just can't look away.

"Are we actually doing this?" I asked myself in monologue.

We showered together and washed each other's backs. I was blushing the whole time. Something felt different in this shower session.

It felt so chaste.

It didn't feel like this with the other members, especially Nayeon and Momo. They played around a lot.

We were done and now drying ourselves up. Oddly, we were both comfortable with other being in my room. Chaeyoung's wet look was so good. My eyes were glued on her while I was wiping myself. 

"Aren't I pretty, unnie?" She playfully said.

I decided to give her the cold look and not respond but she knew I was going crazy inside.

When we were both dressed up, Chaeyoung immediately showed up in my room.

The kid looked so handsome and pretty at the same time. Kind of like what those photographer-nims posted. Except 100 times greater.

"I'm all ready, unnie. Let's go out!" She said with excitement.

"...Okay."