3rd thing: The way you smile

That Thing You Do! 2Jae edition

There was something wrong with him, Jaebum has no doubt.

He feels like a broken toy. He can’t really understand why there seems to be some missing pieces in his mind, but his brain wasn’t working lucidly like it should…

... But Jaebum knows it’s because of that thing.

That thing he does all the time.

The way Youngjae smiles.

His pink, soft lips; his small, shining eyes; his handsome face, everything in Youngjae brights up when he smiles. The space around him fills with warmth. His contagious laugh echoes like a delightful symphony. Hearts burst in tenderness, and no one can hold back a smile at that precious moment.

It was all magic when Youngjae smiles, you could feel how the nasty taste of cruel reality turns instantly sweet with just one simple grin, and nothing could be bad at those ephemeral instants…

… It was beautiful.

The way Youngjae could make you believe, for a tiny fraction of a second, that there was nothing to worry about; that the world was indeed a wonderful place; that your life wasn’t as ty as it seems all days; that you weren’t as weak as you think.

It was simply amazing.

All that bubbling joy, all that sparkling happiness, all that blinding hope, all that power which could make your heart explode in the most wanting warmness was  concentrated in just a moment, just a grin.

It was dazzling.

Jaebum could bet his life to the same Devil and win if he says there is  no human being who couldn’t melt by Youngjae’s smile; even himself was melting –was burning- at the moment… but not precisely because of the tenderness in Youngjae’s smile.

That was what it was so wrong in him.

Under the dim neon lights of the night club, thanks to the soft effect of alcohol and overshadowing the catchy electro pop song at the background Youngjae’s smile wasn’t lovely in Jaebum’s wanting dark eyes. He knows it by the way those small shining orbs take a quick glance at him on the other side of the table…

…It says it all.

Youngjae’s adorable smiling eyes turn in tempting smirking ones just for him. Smirking seductive eyes which seem to be challenging him at the most unfair game Jaebum is perfectly sure he couldn’t resist much longer to play.

Who could be able to resist that thing, anyways?

Damn, Youngjae is so cruel.

Youngjae seems to have a pretty clear idea of what he causes on him, and still, Youngjae keeps smiling in that way every time any stupid jokes comes from any of their bandmates; and Youngjae keeps taking those dangerous glances at him which asks in silence the most hard question Jaebum had ever been asked…

`When are you going to come and get me?’

“Okay, maybe that’s my imagination.” the bitter thought crosses his mind as the sweet taste of his drink invades his mouth, while Youngjae’s laughs reaches him once again like a reaction to something Jackson has just said.

And more likely it’s that it was his love-sick mind seeing things where there was nothing at all. More likely Youngjae was just having a great time in this free night like all the members except Jaebum himself… It may be true Youngjae didn’t rejected his kisses, and it may be true that Youngjae did kiss him back; but that doesn’t mean what his heart is yearning in desperation.

It doesn’t mean Youngjae loves him.

Surely sanity was waving its goodbye at him because he had officially gone complete insane over Choi Youngjae.

The sad taste of truth goes down his throat along with the last sip of his now not so sweet drink; massaging his temples as he feels how his head hurts as hell instantly. He wasn’t a drinker but giving to the ty circumstances of his pity love-life Jaebum could let himself drown the sorrows in a clear glass of fancy liquor, right?

-Jaebum hyung! Are you alright?- He lifts his head at the bursting sound of that soft voice he knows so well, having Youngjae’s small eyes looking hard at him with honest concern.

Hell, Youngjae is indeed so cruel…

-Leader~, you have to slow down; you are not used to drink.- Mark’s comment barely passes through the ghost of Youngjae’s voice on his ears; and all what he could do was sigh and finally turn his eyes away from those enchanting small ones.

-I’m fine, I just… need to go to the toilet.- he lies, like if lying was part of his system, and quickly stands up and leaves without saying anything else.

His feet move across the huge dance floor, passing through dancing people like if they were ghost he could never see. The picture of Youngjae’s eyes and smile was printed in his own orbs, making his pounding head ache stronger… just like the cruel grip on his heart got suffocatingly tighter.

Nobody said it would hurt like this.

The sound of his own heavy breathing echoing inside the empty bathroom mixes with the soft splash of cold water on his face was able to bring him back; momently amazed by the way his body could move so well when his mind was so out of this world.

His off brown eyes stare blankly at the cleaned sink, watching water drops falling from his face while his breathing slowly goes down and turns back to be a soft breath of his lips. A long sigh finished his trance as his eyes close for a moment.

-What am I doing…?- he wonders in a secret mumble, as his hand finds a tissue and vaguely dries his cold face.

-I could love to know why are you doing it…- a well know soft voice reaches his pounding head, sounding somewhat irritated yet curiously frustrated and obviously ashamed.

He slowly lifts his head as his hand throws the wet tissues to the nearest trash can, Jaebum’s eyes see the neat reflection of  Youngjae standing behind him, those little orbs staring intensely at him through the mirror.

Life couldn’t get worst by now, could it?

Jaebum didn’t say a thing, his body move quickly and safely he got out from the toilet and an unnecessary conversation about his twisted feelings; plus a strong possibility of being rejected in Youngjae’s heartbreaking nice way… But before his feet could take any more relieve step there was a hand around his arm pulling him back.

-I won’t let you ignore me again.- Youngjae’s warm breath tickles his lips in such a tempting way, Youngjae’s eyes look straight at his in such a y serious way; Youngjae’s face was so close to him…

And the inevitable happened.

His hands closed around Youngjae’s waist in less than the blink of an eye and just as quick as that Youngjae’s back hit some forgotten wall when their anxious mouth found themselves finally again in a deep, wanted kiss.

Sweet but hot; sloppy but soft.

Their impatient bodies press together, so tightly that Jaebum could feel Youngjae’s addictive warmness in every single inch of his skin. He could feel every inch of Youngjae’s well-shaped body as well, waking up all those lustful fantasies in his eager anatomy.

Hell, life could get deliciously wrong anytime.

A low moan dies between their lips when his sneaky hands found the beautiful curve of Youngjae’s small but plump , and the sensation was so dangerously good that Jaebum knew he had to pull away before his insane mind let him do something… insane.

-You won’t go anywhere until you tell me why…- Youngjae states in a sensually threatening tone, with a strong ring of embarrassment echoing along, his small eyes shining determinate as his hands squeeze the blue fabric of Jaebum’s shirt.

But the taller boy just smirks, playfully his lips as he notes how Youngjae looks down at them. Jaebum slowly moves his mouth closer to that red ear, feeling how hot Youngjae’s skin is when his lips whisper directly on it. –I’ve told you before, it’s that thing you do…-

His hands seductively caress the smooth skin of Youngjae’s waist, feeling his young bandmate shivering at his intimate touch and taking the chance he quick but gently moves completely away from Youngjae without saying anything else.

The electro tone of party music echoes distant inside his mind. The bursting pounding of his fixed heart was stronger and louder than any rhythm Jaebum have ever heard in his short 23 years.

And with the energetic pounding melody of his joyful heart like his witness Jaebum swears he won’t ever think again in the impossibility of giving up on Youngjae…

..Because now he is sure, he can win his main vocalist’s heart.