1st thing: the way you smell

That Thing You Do! 2Jae edition

It was all over the place.

That thing.

That smell, that scent, that perfume invading his lungs so delightfully against his will was all over the dorm.

A rare mix of watermelon and lemon. Sweet and soft, but strong and acid.

Every single thing inside the place was wonderfully poisoned by that thing: the pure air, the comfortable cushions, the clear curtains, the chocolate ice-cream in his mouth has suddenly taken a new twinkle of two different flavors…

… Even the Sun light coming through the windowpanes seem more pinkish and freshly yellow.

Ugh, and his cloths stinks like that thing as well.

Stinks like him.

Disgustingly sweet and insufferably delicious, the exact scent of nice spring.

He can feel it clearly, the way that thing digs deep inside his sweaty skin. It opens his pores and impregnates his soul with that smooth and fresh taint which shakes his heart with the amazingly unpleasant known fragrance…

…And Jaebum hates it.

It itches in every tiny part of his grumpy self insanely good the way he knows from where that thing comes… or better said, from whom it comes.

It was all over the place, all the time, all the days. If they are the only ones in the dorm, or if the rest of the members are there too. Even in the practice room, in the recording room, in the cafeteria. Everywhere and around everyone, where smells mix forming something unidentifiable, Jaebum still could smell that thing.

It doesn’t matter if he wasn’t there; if he has never been with him in all the freaking day Jaebum still could feel it…

That thing.

So fresh but old, yet so sweet and strong. It’s haunting.

It seduce his mind to image scenarios he shouldn’t desire, it raise his heartbeat like if their skins touched accidentally on purpose one more time, it dries his mouth like if his eyes were watching the bewitching way his perfect lips move while singing .

 It makes him go crazy in a few seconds… just two scents… It’s not healthy.

Not anymore.

Brain cells are not functioning, the heart’s strings has the command and the desire has the major roll of his actions now. Feet move, the sound echoing gently around the slight empty dorm as they stomp their way through the dull hallway.

It hits him hard once he reaches the middle of his path, without a single trail of mercy. It’s stronger, and sweeter and more dangerous of what Jaebum had felt times before.

That thing

Taking a deep breathe it only makes it worst. Even when he knows it, he does it because he needs it, because he likes it. He likes it and he hates it. It’s crazy, he knows…

… It’s really not healthy.

Steps reach his ears, his feet are moving again. He feels dizzy, getting closer and closer to that open door at the end of the way. Through the quite hallway, every step he takes  drowns him inside that breeze of watermelon and lemon. Disgustingly sweet and insufferably delicious...

… The exact scent of Youngjae.

 -Hyung, what are you doing standing there?- he asks, he dares to ask, so oblivious to all what he causes on him.

-That smell…- Jaebum’s lips name, his eyes fixing in those little ones after they have traveled slow along that body only covered by a white towel around the waist.

 -Smell?- Youngjae wonders, still oblivious. –My lotion for after shower? Do you like it?- he asks, too oblivious –or too innocent- for Jaebum’s  like.

One last stomp, one sudden gasps; arms wrapping perfectly around a soft yet wet waist, their lips colliding finally. Slow, sweet, yet deep but wanted. So wanted. For both of them, Jaebum is sure… Jaebum can feel it.

-Why?- Youngjae sighs, once again their mouths are too far away for their yearning.

And their mouths are farther away as arms unwrapped around his waist, as feet walk out the steamy room; leaving Youngjae alone with Jaebum’s  final words floating in the dense air around him… leaving him craving to know and feel more.

-It’s that thing you do, Youngjae.-