the bones to my ribs

retrograde and fall
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1] the bones to my ribs [/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2] warning: immense fluff and cheesy words [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

"I will always love you, more than you will ever love me."

This is a thought that has been engraved in her mind ever since she began going out with Wonwoo. This is affected by her character of being a hopeless romantic who adore the little things even when people over look those points.

It's Wonwoo in circle lens spectacles she bursted out giggling at when he showed it off in front of her (she can never forget the frown etched to his face when she reacted that way), and whenever his glasses slip to the end of his nose when he falls asleep during his midnight readings, and it's him smelling like himself after he takes a shower in the evening. 

"You can come in," sometimes, Wonwoo encouraged her to join him in their bathtub (they have stayed together long enough to have things that belong to the both of them).

"I'd rather not," she refused most of the times. the idea has always been wild and raw in her mind; them legs to legs or her back to his chest but most of all skin to skin, white and innocent and a little bit red, brushing into each other.

She's still self-conscious of his eyes penetrating her when nothing protects her from lights and the longing in his eyes. She feels both saved and endangered when she is around him, and she can only wonder how she is able to feel these things at the same time.

Well, one time they did have a bath together. She was too drunk to realise that but Wonwoo actually wasn't. He's never the one to drink until he could pass out. They were fully clothed, her in her black tube dress and him in his white shirt and black pants.

She the faucet and sat there, water flowing in after she tossed her heels away in frustration of longing cold water.

"You're angry," he didn't say that she was drunk and her face was flushing red and tears were dripping from her eyes. No sound came out of her, just her being so livid she shut herself down. 

He took a sit across of her in the bathtub, her legs automatically folded in as he hovered over it. Just like her, he didn't take his clothes off.

She tossed her head back and closed her eyes. The cold water ran to her legs and she felt numb from it.

"You do this a lot, right? When I'm not home?" It felt nice to her ears, their home. Their small, humble home in a medium sized apartment they bought with their combined salary. He would never know this.

"I do this even when you're around," her voice came out more rough than she had imagined, but she didn't care. Her eyes were closed and she didn't need to see how Wonwoo reacted to her foreign voice.

"That's why you got feverish for most of the times then," Seulgi didn't open her eyes still. Sometimes, she just wanted to have som time of herself not loving him in ways he never noticed. 

Wonwoo and his voice in the night is her favourite sound. His voice is a deep brass coated in lukewarm kisses and fuzzy hugs, sweet smiles and empty palms waiting to be filled with hers. His voice that is only meant for her to hear is her favourite. She rarely recognizes this voice in daylight when he is talking to people that are not her.

"I will never let anyone hurt you again," he was touching her left ankle and when she opened her eyes, he sat right in front of her. His pants are wet and his legs were spread apart as if to create a space for her to lean in. A pool of water had raised to cover her legs.

She didn't move and hugged her knees closer. "I won't meet them again, Wonwoo. That was the last reunion I need to attend. I have always been quiet, that's why people never really liked me, I guess-"

"-they must have not expected you to turn out this way," Seulgi took it in the bad way as she caved in to her arms. 

She has always been scared that his words might kill her feelings someday, she is either too sensitive or too aloof to feelings and things and him. 

She knew that he was gazing at her in silence, waiting for her to be brave enough and look up, his hands still on her ankles, cold and drowned with the water. She focused on the sound of the water flowing in to drown her, them. 

"You don't need to protect me. You're not going to be by my side forever," if there was anyone that is harming their relationship, it was her. She couldn''t help but to reminded that someday, this will end. Someday, they will have to move out of this apartment and try to split the payment after selling it and not touch each other in ways she mostly held herself back and all of this will be all history. 

She's a helplessly hopeless romantic who is too afraid to believe in him.

"I guess there is some truth in your words," he didn't completely agree with her. and somehow she was glad. His glasses were nowhere near his eyes and the two upper buttons of his shirt were left unopened. It was strange how she felt cold and there he was, Wonwoo feeling heated to the point of ing his shirt.

Another second, and Wonwoo pulled on her arms to him, easily and gently as the water swept her to him. Her legs were forced to lay on top of his across his body. he pulled her so close to him she needed to fold her legs a little bit to create a space. it only made them closer somehow, not touching.

"I haven't told you this, but you look beautiful tonight," his wet palm brushed over her cheek and she sighed.

"Are you doing this to make me feel better?"

"No, I would never do that. Facts only," liar, she wanted to say. Countless of times she caught him hiding letters that turned out to be rejection letters from companies she tried to get a job in and missed calls she received from her past lovers when her phone wasn't with her.

"Seulgi, whenever you get drunk, you always hurt me like this. Saying so many unnecessary words; us not making it until the end."

"You know, no matter how much you hurt me, I could never return it the way I want to. Like hurt you, cheat on you, I can never do that," his palm laid on the inside of her thigh, and she shuddered (shivered) when he did that. Her dress still covered her to the middle part of her thigh, but what he did there was da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter