CHAPTER 02: RINA

Mobile Romance [My KaTalk Friend!]

CHAPTER TWO
RINA

 

■□■

"Who are you, really?"

■□■

Rina pondered upon a thought for a long time. She liked talking to the stranger, but who was he, really? Choco supported her being an iKONic, at the same time telling her that those boys were not special at all. Choco... speaking of him, his kakaoid was chocokown24. Chocokown, chocone. Perhaps it was one of the reasons why she talked to him. He liked chocones, and B.I loved them, too. She got all excited that her bias shared some same thing as someone. It was rare, after all.

Or maybe that was just because Rina was an international fan. She doesn't know South Korea. Maybe she had an idea, but heck Rina doesn't know what to expect in the streets.

Anyways, it's been a day since they last talked. Rina was always waiting for him but he was hardly ever online in Kakaotalk. Maybe he's busy, she thought. The girl was agitated about the fact that the school year was almost over, and vacation was around the corner but her parents seemed to not have plans for summer.

Which was really disappointing since in the beginning of the school year she made a deal with them. If she maintained high grades for the whole year, they'd go to South Korea. Of course her parents knew about her being a crazy K-pop fan, and they werent too happy about it but at least they also knew that K-pop was also her inspiration.

Most of the time. She did things that were out of her comfort zone, like playing a role in a theater play in he school.  Rina hated acting, but when she watched Mix and Match of iKON, the girl was all over Chanwoo starring the young Lee Minho in two dramas. TWO FREAKING DRAMAS CAN YOU HEAR ME. AS LEE MINHO.

Aside from iKON's maknae, former EXO's Luhan and Yifan were also her inspiration, since they have acted on movies upon leaving the entertainment. (She still had a little bit of resentment and bitterness that EXO was incomplete now but hey, time flies.)

Rina expressed more of herself in poems, always inspired in writing verses because of G-Dragon, who writes his own songs, and of course, B.I, who has been the reliable lyricist in iKON, along with Bobby. Tablo inspired her to become more grounded in her beliefs. He also became her role model in poetry. She loved his short stories and even bought a copy of Pieces of You.

Most of all, Rina became a lot more confident, after knowing a lot of her idols. She slowly crept out of her shell and showed her talent to her friends. Rina was a very anti-social person, a hikikomori. But as she was drawn to the K-pop world a lot of things in her world also revolved and she met a lot of awesome people.

Speaking of awesome people, Rina wanted to meet Choco. She doesn't even know how he looks like and she doesn't know his true personality but one day, if given the chance Rina would really, really like to know Choco personally.

 

■□■

 

"No dude, the formula for that is the square of the final velocity is equal to the square of the initial velocity plus 2 times the acceleration and displace--Hey are you even listening?"

Rina rubbed her temples as she gave a disapproving look to her unfocused groupmate who had been whining to them that he doesn't understand the problem. He was the one who said that, and yet he had the guts to not listen. He scored an egg on the seatwork, and he never cooperates with the group. God, thick-skinned people should just... go away, she thought. Although this guy... oh wait, he isn't a guy.

"Ya!! Stop staring at those pictures and understand the problem first!!" Rina tried to grab his phone out of his hands but his grip was too strong on it.

"Don't touch my precious baby!!" He pouted. Rina wanted to puke.

"DO YOUR GAY NEEDS AFTER YOU UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM GODFREAKINGDAMMIT!!"

If there was one thing Rina hated, it would be bring thick-skinned. Not the 'OMG-OPPA-WILL-YOU-MARRY-ME' kind of thick-skinned but the kind of people who have the guts to fight you even when they are the dimwitted one and the dumb one. God, Rina could not handle that kind of stupidity.

And she is not one who has incredible patience. She hated having her tolerance sorely tested.

"Why are you getting mad?" The guy shot at her.

Oh gods, restrain me. Rina gritted her teeth as she felt her blood rise. "Just. Solve. The. Goddamn. Problem. Dimwit."

"John, you should worry about yourself first and solve that problem or you'll score six out of 70 on the quiz again," one of her reliable groupmate, Kei, added. "And Rina, calm down, you're being extra hard on him today."

"No I'm not I have explained this problem ten times now and he doesn't even get the gist of it, it's incredibly upsetting." If this was the past, she would have thrown this guy with a hundred of colorful curses.

Her two friends, Kei and Allen, snickered. "She's on beast mode," Allen whispered quietly. "John's gonna die."

John was the name of this guy... girl? This person.

"I'll prepare the funeral attire." Said Kei.

"I'll search for a picture for his funeral photo." Added Allen.

Rina glared a them. She hated how they have calmed her down. She even wanted to laugh but held her laughter back as she still wanted John to think she's really going to kill him if he doesn't solve the problem. He began solving the problem again, stopping short because, oh my god, did he just forget how to do it again?

"Whyyy.... where did you get 70--what happened to its displacement? OH GOD You should at least analyze the problem and know what those given numbers are for. It's useless if you freakin don't know what they are for. Geez let's start again from the start."

"Okay, but have you heard SUPER LOVERS IS GONNA GET AN ANIME ADAPTATION OMG HAVE YOU READ SUPER LOVERS I RECOMMEND--"

"NO I HAVEN'T SO FOCUS ON THIS PROBLEM FIRST WE CAN TALK ABOUT LATER NOW SHUT UP AND SOLVE THIS ALREADY."

 

■□■

 

It was lunch break.

Thank god I could finally have some peace time, Rina cheered metally. John had solved the problem earlier and Rina thankful he did because their tyrant leader would have deducted three points of cooperation if John scored zero in that seatwork again. Rina had experienced that once. John was doing incorrect on their groupwork sheet and their leader told them to help John, who of course, wasn't focused enough to at least get the gist of it. In the end, the leader found out that John did the wrong thing and yelled at Rina and Kei.

"I TOLD YOU TO HELP HIM!!"

Said by the most reliable leader who played cards while they were losing their minds teaching John. She didn't even do a significant thing. Just the illustration which caused them to lose 10 points from the work.

Talk about teamwork.

Rina was just soooo happy she could finally get out of this hell of a class in less than a month. Next year she wouldn't have to see these s again.

"Rina!!" Someone called. The said girl turned and found her friends Kei and Allen prancing towards her. "Geez why do you have to leave us."

"Sorry, I want to especially get out of that suffocating hell. That class really isn't for us." Rina answered nonchalantly.

Kei nodded. "Yep, I wish Hanbin was our classmate."

"And iKon." Offered Rina.

"And Big Bang."

"EXO, too."

"Yeah, and BTS HEOL WE ROCK THE WORLD IF THEY WERE OUR CLASSMATES."

Just as Rina was about to say something crazy as well, they heard a scoff. "Those people don't know you."

"So what?" Rina shot. "They love us."

"Those people don't love you."

"They do! We are even married already!!" Kei protested.

"Tss. Married your ugly face you guys don't have hope." Allen the pessimist.

"Shut up!! WE LOVE THEM AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS."

"Ha. Love your es." Allen retorted in a y tone.

Whatever, Rina thought. It's useless to argue to these people.

Once they were settled comfortably in the school garden, they began eating lunch quietly and enjoyed the undisturbed serenity of nature. Unlike the stuffy atmosphere in the loud classroom, with her classmates noisy in every corners of the room. Rina never enjoyed interacting with those people except when she was feeling high and when needed to. She fished her phone out of her skirt pocket and turned the mobile data on, since, her country is a noob in internet connection. Her fingers flew on the Kakaotalk icon in her home screen, and when the application ran ran her finger hovered upon Choco's contact. She debated whether to chat him or not, since she hasn't heard from him since two days. Rina incredibly missed talking to him. Chocooo... she called in her head. She clicked her tongue and typed a greeting to him.

"Heyy let's talk--no no that sounds serious... heyy how r ya doin--that's like, we haven't talked for a long time. Hmm..."

"What are you on about?" Kei asked curiously.

"Nothing just chatti--"

"OMG YOU HAVE ABOYFRIEND? WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME--I MEAN WHAT ABOUT JINHWAN, HANBIN, OR CHANWOO? CAN I HAVE THEM NOW?"

"Kei." Rina calmly called.

"Yes?" Kei asked.

"OMG HE'S NOT MY BOYFRIEND BUT I KIND OF LIKE HIM OR NOT IDK AND ABOUT MY IKON HUBBIES YOU STILL CAN'T HAVE THEM. Over my dead body."

"...okay."

It's nice how they understand each other. Now, back to Choco, what kind of greeting should Rina even type... Should I even start the conversation? What if he doesn't reply? What if he lost his phone and someone has it now? OMG does that mean Rina can't talk to him anymore?

"NOOOOO--"

"Katalk...."

It took for a second to sink in but, Rina stared at her phone, formed in an 'o' shape as she was yelling desperately and dramatically when her phone vibrated and rang, the Kakaotalk pop-up greeting her eyes as she read, "Are you busy?"

She stood abruptly, the two idiots were startled and looked at her as if she was some kind of a bipolar who was rambling on and on about how life was pulling her to hell one second ago and then the next...

"Which spirit possessed you this time?" Allen sarcastically asked.

"OMG WHICH SPIRIT? MAYBE THE BUSY SPIRIT OH MY NATURE GRASS IS GREEN AND YELLOW IS SUN AM I BUSY? AM I BUSY? TELL ME IF I'M BUSY!!"

"What the ... yellow is sun? I think she needs mental attention." Allen murmured.

"Don't you mean medical attention." Kei answered as she shook her head. She noticed Rina has been a lot giddy in the past week, until two days ago when her mood mysteriously changed. And now, with her phone, she has someone she likes? Or doesn't?

"I'm sure I meant mental." Allen shook his head and continued enjoying his lunch which his mother packed for him.

Meanwhile, Rina was too happy just by reading Choco's text. She read his text with her eyes for a hundred times. All the negative emotions that were bugging her vanished. Funny, only iKON does this. She thought as her eyes scanned the text once more.

"Katalk..."

Rina almost dropped her phone. Another text was sent to her!!

"Yaaa if you're not then talk to me. If you are then talk to me when you're done with whatever."

SQUEAL SQUEAL!! Rina thought as she grinned widely. She could never squeal to save her life so she just thought of the word. Her smile was reaching the heavens.

Her fingers flew on the screen and typed the message.

"I'm not lol what chu wanna talk about?"

 

■□■

 

○12.11 pm○
Rina: Im not lol what chu wanna talk about?
Choco: you havent talked to me for two days
Choco: 2 days bruh are you sort of mad?
Rina: whuuuut bruh
Choco: bruh.
Rina: no im not tho
Rina: why would ya think that?
Choco: idk
Choco: were you busy?
Rina: nop.
Rina: are you busy?
Choco: nah. Lol so we're peace bros.
Rina: ya. Peace bros lol
Choco: good i finally have zome freedom from stuff
Rina: what stuff
Choco: um... work. I've been traveling from place to place a lot lately....
Rina: cooool actually i wanna travel a lot once i get work
Rina: i hate sitting in a room and do office work all day
Rina: i'd get insane lol
Rina: but wait bruh arent you 19?
Choco: huh no Im 20
Choco: i mean, ya my international age is 19 but...
Rina: so why are you working
Rina: omg thought you were in college
Choco: lol i prefer to chase my dreams than to waste my years in hell
Rina: i wish i could saythat also ;_;
Choco: why
Choco: wait is that a cry emoticon
Rina: maybe lol but i aint crying fyi
Choco: whtvr bruh.
Rina: i dont even have a dream
Rina: MY FUTURE IS TOO VAGUE I CANT SEE THE LIGHT
Rina: WHAT AM I GONNA DO CHOCOO
Choco: what do u mean u dont have dream
Choco: everyone has their own dreams dont they
Rina: yas but....
Rina: I STUDY HARD BUT I DONT EVEN KNOW WHERE IM GOING
Choco: i dunno how ya feel
Rina: thats why i envy my biases
Rina: I ENVY HANBIN SO MUCH TBH
Rina: HE'S SET ON HIS OWN VISIONS AND WORKS HARD FOR IT HES LIKE THE BEST SAILOR EVER
Rina: WHILE IM JUST GOING TO BE A SEA MAN
Rina: AND IF HANBIN EVER SAILED ACROSS MY OCEAN I WILL GRAB HIM AND MARRY HIM
Rina: btw theres a new chapter in akatsuki no yona
Choco: akatsuki what
Choco: sounds japanese
Rina: bruh.
Rina: u dont know akatsuki no yona??,,
Choco: no sorry sumimasen gomenasai
Rina: but... hak... your icon...
Choco: who?
Rina: SON EFFIN HAK IS THE HOTTIE BODYGUARD A.K.A. SOON TO BE LOVE INTEREST OF YONA WHO SECRETLY HARBORS FEELINGS FOR HER SINCE CHILDHOOD BUT YONA LIKES SUWON HER COUSIN AND HE IS BFFS WITH HAK UNTIL SUWON KILLED YONAS FATHER AND OVERTHROWN HIM AND CHASED YONA AND HAK OUT OF THE CASTLE OMG YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF
Rina: WHY IS HAK YOUR PROFILE ICON YET YOU DONT KNOW HIM
Rina: IM SO UPSET
Choco: im sorry
Rina: DONT SORRY ME
Choco: finee i'll change my icon
Rina: oh you'd better

 

■□■

 

 Hanbin was too amused at her, getting angry over some picture when it's just a damn picture. No harm intended, right? It's not like he was stealing that Son-whatever's identity. He didn't know she was also watches anime, and she got angry at him to. She must like Son very much, he thought, and decided not to change his icon anymore.

Two days were eventful to him, he had to practice and stay in YG building as he composed songs because he wanted to. But after two full days he can't think of an inspiration anymore, and thought of Rina whom he hadn't talked to since two days ago.

"She even called me the best sailor," Hanbin muttered as he stared at the notebook in front of him, full of random scribbles of lyrics and rap lines he had come up with.

He couldn't help the blissful bubbles floating around his stomach, popping one by one like the bursting giddiness in his chest.

 

■□■

 

"Good bye people of the world!!" Rina cheerfully shouted at her classmates before turning around to exit the classroom. She pranced in the hallway you could see flowers and sun rays around her. School was finally over and she couldn't wait to gom home already!! She's been holding back her feels all day and a smile never failed to creep its way on her face whenever she remembered that Choco was the first one to chat her after two days of no talking to each other.

Rina was so elated she couldn't help but laugh. People were staring at her but she didn't even spare them one glance as she weaved her way through the sea of students. Nothing could go wrong.

"Is there any requirements to pass tomorrow?" Kei, who was walking beside her, asked.

"Hm... let's see.... Oh we have to do that poem in English." Rina answered.

"Ohh right." Was the only answer from Kei.

After a few minutes of walking in silence, both of them went separate ways and bid goodbye to each other. Rina continued to her street and reached her house in no time. As she entered the house she noticed that her dad's car was parked, meaning he was home so Rina checked the time and found out it was still early. That's rare, she thought. Her dad always comes home late.

"I'm hooome," Rina greeted as she entered the living room, finding her parents settled comfortably on the sofa, watching some kind of comedy action in HBO. "Hey mom. Dad, what's up?"

"Tsk, is that how you greet your savior?" Her dad asked while smirking at her.

"S-savioor?" Rina repeated unsurely. What are they talking about.

"Say, 'thank you my handsome father and beautiful mother!'"  Her dad teased.

"What? Whaaaaaaat?" I impatiently asked, throwing my bag down the floor and took a few steps forward when she noticed her mother looking at her disapprovingly. "Okay okay!!" She shuffled towards the neglected backpack and put it down neatly on a nearby chair. She turned around to say something again. "What is i--Huh?"

She frowned and harshly grabbed the rectangular piece of paper out of her father's grasp. Only to shriek in shock and with widened eyes she looked at her parents who were smirking at her.

"OH WHAT THE--IS THIS WHAT I THINK THIS IS?!"

 

■□■

a/n:

Tadaa rina's life is now exposed lol. Just to clarify things, Rina is an international fan, so she of course, does not live in South Korea. But she's somewhere in Asia, the first one to guess receives a hug from Hanbin. Lol but seriously her coutry's relatively close to SoKor if you look at the map.

Are you ready to know what her parents gave her??

LOL I'M SURE YOU KNOW IT ALREADY. XD Stay tuned for next chapter :-)

■□■

Hikikomori - someone who never leaves home, anti-social

Akatsuki no Yona - shoujo manga/anime does anyone know this? They so cute af omg. This story revolves around Yona, the princess of Hiryuu castle. She was chased out of the castle after her father, King Il, was killed by her childhood crush and cousin, Suwon, who was best friends with Yona and Hak, who secretly has feelings for Yona. Suwon of course usurped the throne while Yona and Hak lived in secrecy, finding the four dragons (which was a myth in their kingdom) from the legend of King Hiryuu. And when they did, they helped the kingdom's poverty while living in secrecy. I swear the four dragons are so cuteee and Hak omg he is the perfect one for Yona. ♡♡

Super Lovers - to all fujoshi and fudanshi out there A.k.a. fans  this manga is sooo cute also read it when you have the time!! Lol XD I WARN YOU THIS MANGA IS SO DONT READ IF YOU DONT LIKE BOYS LOVE OK.