CHAPTER 03: THOUGHTS TO CHOCO

Mobile Romance [My KaTalk Friend!]

CHAPTER 03

THOUGHTS TO CHOCO

 

■□■

Who is the person behind this mobile friend?

■□■

○12.16 am○
Rina: choco i want to die
 
○10.33 am○
Choco: hey what
Choco: no dont die
Choco: heyy reply to me
Choco: ya!! Are you dead yet??
Choco: ya dont die until you tell me your real name
Choco: RINAAAAAAA
Choco: reply to me in ten seconds or else F.O.
Choco: rinaaaa :'(
 
○11.11 am○
Choco: RINA
Choco: are you mad??
 
○11.30 am○
Choco: hey... talk to me
 
11.48 am○
Choco: rina. Say. Something.

■□■

Hanbin paced back and forth in his room. Bobby wasn't there, in fact, he was alone in the dorm since all the members decided to go out and buy food, leaving him alone without asking if he wasnted to come since he would reject them anyways.

"Aish, why isn't she answering?" Hanbin worriedly muttered as he scrolled through his phone. He entered their chatroom but to his dismay, Rina still hasn't replied to him. Hanbin remembered waking up in the middle of the night because of her text, saying she wanted to die. Half-asleep, Hanbin couldn't even muster to reply to her and fell right back asleep.

As soon as he rested well, she was the first one who got in his mind, and quickly, after waking up he replied to her. But now it's been twelve hours and she hasn't even read the message. Hanbin sighed, texting another sentence before he plopped down the sofa out of frustration. Hanbin was getting impatient at the girl. He grabed his phone and spammed their chatroom with a lot of emoticons, mainly the kakaotalk friend stickers with the ever-so-comical expressions.

It worked. Miraculously, Rina replied to him.

■□■

○12.01 pm○
Choco: ohmygod why arent you talking to me
Choco: rina is something wrong
 
○12.10 pm○
Choco: YAAAAA
Choco: ....
Rina: oh hey dood
Rina: whats up
Rina: im... spammed...
Choco: WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING
Rina: chatting you..
Choco: tss.
Rina: what..
Rina: lol are you bored or smtg whats with the dont die until you tell me ur real name
Rina: dafuq bruh
Choco: dafuq? Dont text me in midnight when im half-asleep and basically dead because i might take what i read too seriously
Rina: whuuut. what are you even saying
Rina: oh the i want to die? Lol
Choco: dont laugh
Rina: hahahahahahahaha
Choco: f.o.
Rina: lol ok im sorry choco
Choco: ...
Rina: ok then let me explain
Rina:my mom and dad AKSXNAOXNAOZNQISNAJSJQOSN XHAJAHZ IMGOINGTOKOREATHISSUMMERBREAKOMG
Rina: im so happy i could die~~~~
Rina: IGETTOTRAVELWITHMYFRIENDSTOOAINTITAWESOME
Choco: you what.
Rina:IM GONNA FREAKING GO TO KOREA THIS SUMMER BREAK CHOCO
Rina: TO THE LAND OF THE FREAKIN KPOP OMG IKONNNN
Rina: I CAN FINALLY BREATH THE SAME AIR AS IKONS
Rina: ADFLSANIXNAIS AH ITS SO AMAZING IT FEELS LIKE IM DREAMING CHOCO XAN YOU HEAR ME SCREAMING
Choco: no
Rina: ADLFFJOSSNIASNIQZNAKMX
Rina: THATS ME SCREAMING AT MY PHONE DO YOU KNOW OMGGGGG CHOCO I CAN MEET YOU AS WELL
Rina: YOURE FROM SKOREA RIGHT
Choco: yepp gud 4 u bro.
Choco: but you wont be sure that you can meet ikon
Choco: you probably wont meet me either
Rina: whaaaat why
Choco: because.
Rina: WHY CHOCO DO YOU HATE ME
Choco: i travel from place to place remember
Rina: THEN STAY AT WHERE YOU ARE UNTIL I GET THERE
Rina: CHINGU-YA LETS MEET PLSS
Choco: well if we cross paths then ;))
Rina: OMG
Rina: I HOPE I MEET IKON
Rina: and you as well, ofc
Choco: but rina
Rina: yeaaah?
Choco: dont do that again
Rina: do what
Rina: what
Choco: dont text something like rhat again
Rina: what whyyy i was just exploding with feels
Choco: you could just smash keyboard
Choco: or directly say IM SO HAPPY I CANT BELIEVE IT
Choco: or something.... just dont do that again
Rina: mehh
Rina: okay :))
Choco: good
Choco:see you in a month bruh
Rina: YEAH I CANT WAIT OMG IM GON DIE
Rina: oh wait sorry
Choco: ...

■□■

Ah, what a good day. Nothing can ever disturb her mood. Rina was very elated because she had always dreamt of walking the same ground as her idols. She wondered which celebrity she would see first. Rina wanted to meet her bias, even if it's by chance only. Just one, just one eye-contact and she'd happily die. Rina was a dreamer but she knew her dreams would most likely not come true.

So at least, she wanted to see them in flesh. After years of watching them in her laptop or cellphone screen she realized how miserable her life as an international fan girl was. It was so depressing that she suggested to have a vacation in South Korea, to which her parents disapproved at first, not liking her fan girl attitudes, but when she strived to get high grades they eventually agreed.

Life as a fangirl is never easy, especially if you're still a student and you have strict parents.

"NAE SARANGEUN SAEPPAL GAN ROSE..." Rina sang along happily to Lee Hi's song, Rose. Although her tone was off-tune and much more hoarse than the singer's diva voice she didn't care since she was the only one in the house. Her parents went on a date, while her brothers were nowhere to be found, probably hanging out with their respective friends. Lee Hi was one of her favorite singers. Although she used to dislike her because people were shipping her with Hanbin, it was hard not to be amazed and not like her voice. Her voice, god Rina thought she had the most beautiful voice. Plus Hayi had the cutest chubby cheeks. Rina wondered what it would feel like to squish them.

"Oh my god Lee Hayiii why are you so damn awesome," Rina muttered. "The song isn't bad either. The composer must have gone through a ty experience..."

Rina peeked on the rectangular pieces paper, which was her ticket to South Korea. She thought giddily of the things she would immediately do once she gets off the plane. Maybe Rina would kiss the ground, but that would be too embarrassing. She wanted to take as many pictures as she could, go to places her bias have gone. She wanted to at least go to Namsan Tower, and do the thing they do with padlocks with her friends. Rina hoped she'd see her bias in the street, or maybe go to their entertainment building and live at least one day of her life as a semi-sasaeng fan. She wanted to eat Korean foods, especially riceflour cakes and kimchi. Maybe some Korean street foods, too. Ah, time go faster!! She thought, chewing her bottom lip in excitement.

Most of all, she wanted to at least meet her online friend, Choco. Although he liked to travel Rina at least hoped he would cross paths with her and greet each other. Though the latter was not so sure, Rina could feel they really would meet.

What are the chances? She wondered, clutching the three tickets to her chest. Ah, I shouldn't expect that. Maybe he's really busy...

And then suddenly, she heard her mom's voice in her mind. "Don't meet wih strangers!! Much less talk to them!!" Rina stopped what she was doing. Her mom's voice started yelling at her, scolding her although her mom doesn't even know that she was talking to a complete stranger for a week now.

God, how could she be careless, just having thought of it now instead of a week ago. What if he's actually a stalker? Rino thought. Ah, but he's from South Korea how the hell would he... oh he's a traveler... but.

"AAASYYYSHSHS Whatever I'm thinking all this stuff even though we have talked a lot!!" But maybe... talking for just a week isn't enough to know a person, no. Talking in the internet for a week... heck that's the same as not knowing a person.

"Ah, but should I stop chatting him? But he seems like a good guy, though." Rina murmured, gazing at the mirror indecisively. "Aigoo, whatdafak... why am I suddenly stressing over this--I should just ask right? AH BUT HE CAN JUST LIE."

She sighed and ruffled her hair. Rina wondered back to his concern over her simple text. Geez, how the hell could he believe that? Seriously, who texts someone "I want to die" and then really kill themselves afterwards? Why, I mean, why would someone involve someone else (A FREAKING ONLINE FRIEND WHOM SHE HASN'T EVEN MET YET, IN THIS CASE) if they want to die? God, Choco really gets her amused.

"I SAID RUN AWAY, JUST RUN AWAY..." The girl practically recited the line due to her off-tune tone. Normally she cared about how she sings. But Rina was too elated, because somehow, Choco really amuses her, at the same time, he sends off incredibly ticklish flutterings in her stomach. She didn't know how to describe them, but this was how she felt whenever she listens to her favorite boys' music. Yep, iKON music. Ah, iKON makes me feel this way, too, Rina suddenly thought.

■□■

Across the ocean, in the land of South Korea, iKON had once again slayed in a concert. iKON really enjoyed their concert, even having fun as they performed. They worked in perfect harmony, and nobody was left out. The fans loved their music, and of course, their once medium-grilled-turned-to-blazing-hot body featuring sweat was one of the most beautiful sightseeing they have ever done. The seven boys did not mind; the thousands of screaming of the crowd was dulcet melody to their ears. It added to their life energy and they were really awake during the performance, as if they wouldn't be able to sleep in a week. iKON loved to be on stage and the desire of maturing more and more to produce better music just increased wildly as ever.

And finally, after three exciting, memorable hours, their concert has come to an end. Now the members were in the dressing room, changing back to their more comfortable clothes, feeling tired, but alive as ever.

"Aaaahh I wanna do it again!!" Bobby screamed excitedly.

"Geez we still have a buttload of concerts left so you can do it again many more times!!" Junhoe said while pulling his shirt over his head.

"Ya Koo Junhoe don't say that. What if this was our last concert?" Jinhwan scolded the younger man. "You know, I always think of every concert as if they were last."

"Ah, I don't think like that, hyung!!" Junhoe proudly answered. "I think that I'm going to perform even in the streets as long as I have someone watching me and enjoying our music. BUT THE BIGGER STAGE THE BIGGER LIFE."

"I just want to treasure every moment..." mumbled Donghyuk from the back.

"Ya!!" Hanbin shouted at the rest. He then slung an arm around Donghyuk's shoulder. "Think like this guy here!!"

"Yeaaah every moment is a treasure," Yunhyeong said.

"As for me, as long as I'm with all the hyungnim I will live." Chanwoo muttered, making all the members smirk.

Another time to bully the sweetest maknae.

Hanbin smiled as he listened to the other members' snores and breathe. Everyone else have dozed off as they rode back to their dormitory. He liked how comfortable it was, being with all these six people. Nobody could ever replace them. Hanbin checked his phone, and frowed when he noticed Rina was online even though it was already past midnight. (Although she always did that, but Hanbin always reprimanded her for it.)

■□■

○12.17 am○
Choco: ya. Go to sleep.
Rina: ya. Go to sleep.
Choco: aigooo dumb girl
Rina: hey dumber
Choco: me?
Rina: you arent a stalker aren't you??
Choco: huh.
Choco: you ask that now
Choco: after you literally told me your whole life
Choco: dont blame me if you actually get stalked
Rina: so you are a stalker!!
Choco: dafuq no
Rina: you sure?
Choco: dafuq is with you bruh lol
Rina: im just making sure, bruh
Rina: okay then, i'll believe you
Choco: no you shouldnt
Rina: huh
Choco: dont trust me too much
Choco: you dont know me that well yet
Rina: so just run away run away
Rina: i said ooh ooh ooh
Choco: wtf is that lee hi's song
Rina: lol
Choco: u r so hyper
Choco: did something happen
Rina: aside from the tickets omg
Rina: well im happy cuz my friend's birthday is today
Choco: so? Its not like you're the one who got older
Rina: naww bruh i meant free food yayy
Rina: and bruh we get older each day
Choco: ah so we should celebrate birthday becauz its birthday not birthyear
Rina: bruh
Rina: whatda
Rina: nvm
Rina: choco when iz your birthday
Choco: oct 22? Why
Rina: because
Rina: I will pray for you on that day
Rina: to live a better life, a healthy body
Rina: and a smarter brain
Choco: huh.
Rina: I just kidding jkjk bruh im sorry sumimasen mian
Rina: BUT WAI SID YOU JUST SAY OCT 22
Choco: well technically i typed it...
Rina: OMFG U AND HANBIN... OMG OMG OMG
Choco: what me and hanbin
Rina: U AND HIM HAS SAME BDAY OMG
Choco: i cry
Rina: what whyyy
Choco:  you will forget to pray for me
Rina: THEN I'LL SET AN ALARM ON OCT 22 12AM FOR YOU SO YOULL BE THE FIRST ONE I PRAY FOR OK. THEN HANBIN.
Choco: you'll forget that too
Rina: No i wont
Choco: yes you will
Rina: I WONT I WILL SET IT NAO.
Rina: see??

■□■

Hanbin smiled widely as he stared at the screenshot of her phone, on her calendar, October 22nd, was "Choco"'s birthday reminder. "#PRAYFORCHOCO #CHOCODAY" were the exact words on the screen. Although Hanbin couldn't think how stupid she was for making it sound like his funeral or some national holiday thing but he was incredibly flattered.

And the two people slept with smiles on their faces.

■□■

a/n:

ohmigooddnesss ive been gone for a week. mian mian school has death week but it's ok now hell is finished. I'm sorry this update was longer than i expected, it's partly my internet connection's fault... anyways next chapter expect to see some original characters once again *sighs*

Anyways peace to all of you~ read the next chapter.~

 

update. Omg lol i made a mistake lol hanbin's birthday is oct 22 thanks to my two readers for pointing it out ^^ 

-kaiito