CHAPTER 06: JIWON

Mobile Romance [My KaTalk Friend!]

CHAPTER 06

JIWON

 

■□■

I'm not giving you her ID.

■□■

Rina had never imagined being a property of someone. She considered herself as someone who likes to be free. She hated it when someone tries to contain her.

She stared at the screen in disbelief. She kept of re-reading that text but it stayed the same no matter how many times she did. And then he sent another text.

Good night.

"Good night?" She repeated. That's all he has to say? After saying "you're mine" he texts good night like it was normal to tell "you're mine" to someone you've never met? How breezy is that?

Rina did not know what to text back. Heck, she didn't know what to say in this kind of situation (does this kind of situation even exist?) but thankfully, Jagi did not say anything else.

She stopped for a second.

"OH MY HANBIN PLEASE SAVE ME CHOCO IS INVADING MY MIND WTF I CALLED HIM JAGI IN MY MIND--"

Calm down, Rina. Choco is not Hanbin. Until Hanbin claims you, Choco is going to protect you from any other temptations a.k.a. Bobby or GD or Mino or Baekhyun. That's what he meant right?

AS IF HANBIN WILL EVER CLAIM ME HE DOESN'T EVEN KNOW I EXIST CHOCO IS TOYING ME. HE IS LAUGHING AT ME.

■□■

"What am I going to do, Jiwon? She hates me for sure RINA DIDN'T EVEN REPLY MAYBE SHE WAS CREEPED OUT," Hanbin whined to Bobby.

"Chill bro! I don't even know what's going on but what you should do is wipe those tears away because it's gross and stop punching me, sit down, breathe deeply five times, and chill." Bobby blabbed, dragging Hanbin towards the couch.

He wondered what the heck happened to him because ever since he and Jinhwan got home he looked like he suffered diarrhea. And then he went straight to him and immediately whined non-stop, but all Bobby could understand was "Rina".

Seriously. Bobby smirked down at the stupid leader.

"So, you creeped her out, huh?" He started.

"YES, NO."

Bobby scratched the back of his head, "Which is it?"

"I DON'T KNOW SHE DIDN'T REPLY TO ME WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?"

"Huh, tell her you're joking or something. You didn't say anything after that right?" Bobby asked.

"Actually," Hanbin gulped, "I told her good night."

"...why?" Bobby could feel himself about to tear up, "She'll probably think you were serious. Geez... I'm creeped out, too."

"YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO SAY SOMETHING COMFORTING!"

Bobby stuck his tongue out to Hanbin. All these years he never knew Hanbin had this breezy side, though he kind of suspected him. But whoa, this girl is interesting, having caught the-socially-awkward-Hanbin's attention and actually befriending her. Rina, huh? Bobby smirked.

"Stop that ugly smirk, you're giving me chills," Hanbin said.

"Just talk to her normally tomorrow, if she replies, then you're probably safe," Bobby ignored his remark.

"Just so you know, you should hide all sharp things in the kitchen if ever I decide to cut that annoying smirk off your jaw tomorrow," Hanbin huffed and stood, making his way upstairs to their shared room.

"Oh, Hanbin, wait!" Bobby called, halting the leader, "What was her ID?"

He met eyes with a frowning Hanbin, "Why?" He asked.

"Why do you want her ID?" Hanbin asked back.

Bobby smirked mentally.  Got ya', babo. "No reason."

"What is it?" Hanbin pushed on. "I'm not giving you her ID."

"Really? Then I'll just have to steal your phone."

Hanbin glared at him.

Bobby held his hands up. He wanted to laugh, really. "Whoa there, it's your phone that I'm stealing, not your jagiya."

Bobby was surprised at his leader's face. Hanbin had his jaw dropped and eyes wide, his cheeks lightly tinged in pink. KIM HAN-EFFING-BIN IS BLU--EWW, Bobby made a face and shooed the thoughts away. He chuckled at the leader and sauntered towards him.

"What are you doing?" Hanbin asked, struggling out of Jiwon's grasp.

"You are so gross, buddy!" Bobby answered while pinching his cheeks, "Don't tell me you actually like that stranger girl!"

"S-shto-SHTOP IT YO CRASHY JARK--GAH you're more gross than I am," Hanbin rubbed his red cheeks. "Anyway, I don't like her, so stop annoying me and good night."

With that, Hanbin continued his way upstairs. Bobby chuckled because even though that stupid Said he didnt like her, his voice was wavering a little and he wouldn't meet Bobby's eyes.

Totally didn't like her, huh.

■□■

Her dreams were the wildest that night.

Rina thought she wouldn't be able to sleep a wink. The truth was she was snoring so loudly, enjoying the deep slumber and her fantastic dream.

In her dream, Hanbin was smiling at her. That childish, innocent smile that made her stomach flip upside down with the butterflies partying wildly. They were in a rooftop, and the view of the city from a high place was as beautiful as the guy in front of her, maybe less. She couldn't remember what they were talking about. Just that they were having a sweet moment until he spoke:

"Jagi."

Somewhere, deep in her conciousness, the thought of that annoying guy was fished out, and suddenly she remembered he text.

And then what's even weird was Hanbin's next words, "I've claimed you a long time ago, remember?"

She wanted to say, "No , when was a long time ago?"

Rina woke up.

The first thing that came to her mind was to check her phone. Choco must have thought the same, because as soon she reached for it, her phone lit up and a text from him popped up.

"Good morning~"

You're mine.

NO. Don't think about that so early in the mornin or you will fan girl your heart out for the rest of the day! Rina thought. She set down her phone and dragged herself out of bed, groaning. Could time just fly quickly? She wanted to stop school already and go to South Korea. It's more fun in there than gettig stuck with idiots in a classroom for a whole day.

Thirty minutes later she went back to her room all ready for school. Rina once again checked the device and muttered, "What the heck..." when she saw her KakaoTalk spammed by Choco. And a whole lot of KakaoTalk and Friends.

"This idiot," she muttered.

■□■

○6:00 am○
Choco: good morning
Choco: ya
Choco: ur awake u read my text
Choco: ya
Choco: ya rina
Choco: jagi
Choco: u dumb girl
Choco: ya dumb girl
Choco: hey he
Choco: why r u ignoring me
Choco:at least read my texts
Choco: r u mad
Choco: HEY GIRL
Choco: CAN I ASK YOU SOMETHING
Choco: WHAT'S WRONG
Choco: WAE TTO??
Choco: MIAN MIAN JIKYEOJUJI MOSHAE MIANHAE
Choco: MWOHAE
Choco: RINA
Choco: is this f.o.? For real?
 
○6:32 am○
Choco: ok bye
Rina: shut up ok
Rina: im going to school now
Rina: ttyl
Choco: WAIT
Rina: what
Choco: it should be
Choco: ttyl JAGI
Rina: kk
Choco: SAY IT
Choco: YA
Choco: HEYY DONT GO
Rina: ttyl JAGI

■□■

"Pfft, JAGI?"

Hanbin jumped. He turned to the annoying presence behind him. A grinning Bobby greeted him, his eyes teasing as he looked back and forth between Hanbin and his phone.

"What?" Hanbin tried to keep his cool.

"Nooothing, anyway, the bathroom is free, I'll go downstairs now so follow once you get done okay? TTYL, JAGI," Bobby sprinted out of the room before Hanbin could lay his hands on him, but not before seeing Hanbin's I-hate-you blush.

Hanbin sighed once he heard the door close. Bobby was really playing him, jeez, how coud he be best friends with an annoying ball of sunshine... He shook his head and got ready for a bath.

Once the room was quiet, and the shower was , a devil quietly entered the room and fiddled with the leader's phone. He snickered without a sound when he succesfully broke through Hanbin's phone and opened KakaoTalk.

He scrolled through the contacts, and frowned when he saw his contact name, Rabbit. Seriously? He wasn't a rabbit. But he continued, anyway. Until he found the name he was looking for. Bingo.

Bobby walked out of the room with a smirk on his face.

■□■

Math class.

Rina forgot to turn off her mobile data. She forgot to put her phone on silent mode. The sound of "KaTalk" boomed in the room, interrupting her teacher who was discussing in front.

All heads turned to the source of the sound. She smiled awkwardly before muttering a sorry, and turned off her phone.

Lunch.

When nobody went out to the cafeteria to eat, Rina and Kei stayed in the classroom. Today was one of those days that they experience the luxury of eating in a tranquil classroom.

Rina her devicedevice.

"Did you see Bolivia's face when your phone rung? She was like, what kind of ringtone is that?" Kei blabbered.

"Uh-huh. I don't care, but their faces were annoying," Rina stared at the screen, waiting for the boot animation to finish.

Geez, Choco knew I am in class yet he still bugs me? Dumb guy, she thought.

When her phone successfully booted, she went straight for KakaoTalk and checked the messages.

Rina frowned. Since when did she add someone?

She stared at the contact name, "Jiwon".

Her eyes widened. "WHAT THE HECK?"

■□■

a/n:

I've been gone for more than a week!! I'm so sorry ㅠㅠ(I’ve been meaning to update two days ago huhu T^T) Actually my mind has been in a chaos (well no not really) because of this story because I've been thinking about the plot. I considered many things and debated whether I would make a different story (like a sequel) for the next part. Yas, the next part is when school ends and Rina goes to SoKor but ugghhh idk what's holding me back. Also a sudden writer's block attacked me this week and suddeny idk where this story is going so I decided to take a break and write something else. Whoo but it's okay now and updates will continue more regularly with 2-3 days interval. Hopefully.

Anyway, if writer's block invades me once again I'll take a break again and write a different story. Lol. (Actually I have a Junhoe story project in my mind since his bday but I want to finish this story first)

Well, it's summer vacation so I will have lots of time writing!!

Thanks for reading~ ^^

-kaiito