CHAPTER 05: BREEZY MOVES

Mobile Romance [My KaTalk Friend!]

CHAPTER 05

BREEZY MOVES

 

■□■

'Cause I can and I got the sass.

■□■

Two days ambled by like the wind. Rina excitedly went home and showed her parents the tests she managed to pass safely. The giddiness she was feeling was bursting as the thought of going to South Korea clouded her mind. She couldn't wait to see the land she wanted to see the most! Her ultimate dream, to walk in the streets freely without having to worry about school... shizz. Rina was practically prancing as she went home.

Summer break was definitely waiting for her with open arms. As soon as Rina got dressed into her comfortable clothes she immediately chatted her online friend whom she hasn't talked to since the confession incident.

■□■

○7:12 pm○
Rina: YA CHINGU
Rina: CHOCOOOO
Choco: ay wazzup girl
Rina: wazzup bruh
Choco: IM SO BORED HOW COULD YOU LEAVE ME ALONE FOR TWO DAYS
Choco: YOU DIDNT SAY YES TO THAT GUY DID YOU
Rina: what no i didnt lol
Choco: GOOD BECAUSE I WILL BE LONELY
Rina: AYY I WONT EVER GO OUT WITH ANYONE SO DON BE LONELY
Choco: R U SURE
Rina: yepp
Choco: WHAT IF HANBIN TELLS YOU TO GO OUT WITH HIM
Rina: uh
Choco: SEE? HANBIN WILL TAKE YOU AWAY
Rina: OMG OMG OMG IF HANBIN TELLS ME TOGO OUT WIH HIM
Rina: OMG CHOCO we're already going out so why bother
Choco: DELUSIONAL DUMB GIRL
Rina: YAAASSS MY NAMES RINA
Choco: . Bruh.
Rina: bruh what?
Choco: I HATE CHUUUU
Rina: NADO
Choco: then fine lets hate each other
Rina: OKAAAY ^_^
Rina: wait r u serious
Rina: CHOCO
Rina: OPPA
Rina: I'M JOKING OK
Rina: R U PRANKING ME

■□■

That was weird, Rina thought. Even after 30 minutes Choco didn't reply. Was he serious about the F.O? Geez, she always talks about iKON yet he never complains but now he hates her? WTF. And she thought he was joking. Rina facepalmed and exited KakaoTalk. Well, if he's going to continue on ignoring her... I'm sure he'll come around soon, she reassured herself. Meanwhile she'll just write down random on a piece of paper.

Well, that's what Rina ought to do. But she ended up doing an acrostic poem as an apology letter. Geez, it's not like this was a big fight, Rina chided herself. I don't even care if he ignores me.

"AHHH WHY CHOCOOOOO!!" Rina screamed to her pillow when another hour passed. Choco was definitely ignoring her, definitely. AND WHY THE HECK WOULDN'T CALM DOWN HER NERVES WERE GETTING ON HER NERVES... no you get the idea.

Normally, Rina wouldn't overthink about why her friends would ignore her. But normally, her friends don't ignore her, and if they do, she'd be like, "whatever bruh". So why in he world was she so anxious over Choco? Ah, but Choco wasn't really counted for "normally". Since their friendship was built so suddenly, just a week and a half and they're like best friends, and it was so stranger Rina couldn't help to think why she'd befriend someone whose looks she doesn't even know. Yep, Rina was defnitely crazy. Choco was crazy. They're both crazy. So that means we're a crazy coup--WTF NO.

Rina flailed her hands above her head, shooing away unnecesarry thoughts that could put an end to their friendship. No, I don't like someone I have  never even met, Rina scolded her insane mind. Besides, I don't even know his name how could I have thought about that wtf.

Rina checked her phone only to get disappointed that he hasn't replied. She threw the phone on her bed and crumpled the piece of paper where she had written the apology.

"Seriously, why did I even write this," Rina muttered as she uncrumpled the paper and scanned her handwritten poem.

The poem was lame, but it was a habit to write for Rina. Whenever she had something to say but can't Rina would either keep it to the deepest part of her mind and lock it down so she wouldn't have to think about it again, or turn it to words in verses. Either way, it calmed her down... just a little.

"Aigooo what a prick." Rina sighed and grabbed her phone. "I hope he can read English."

■□■

Hanbin remembered he had a phone when the dog came barking at it. He was rummaging in the kitchen, preparing for the fluffy animal's food when Jinhwan called from the living room, "Hanbin!! Mari is peeking a your phone!"

His first thought was: did he even bring a phone? He thought he had purposelly left it at their dorm when he was "arguing" with Rina. Hanbin couldn't bring his phon with him or he'd answer to her chat right away.

His second thougt was: how could a dog peek at someone's phone? But he dashed to the living room anyway, with the food bowl in his hand, and put it gently on the floor before swiping his phone away from the table.

"Did my phone walk here by itself or did it take a bus?" Hanbin muttered to himself as he checked it.

Jinhwan heard it and frowned, "I saw it on the couch just before we left so I thought you forgot. So I brought it with me."

"You didn't re--" Hanbin caught himself before saying another word. They were in a show, so why talk about his secret online friend?

The dog barked enthusiastically, gaining Hanbin's attention so he ruffled its fluffy hair before stashing his phone in his jacket once again.

Once they were taking a break, Hanbin immediately unlocked his phone and took a look at Rina's endless spam.

Geez, this girl really types fast, he mused. The latest message was a picture. His lips parted as he read the poem that was written in English.

 
Chasing my dreams that I will never let go of
How lonely you will be alone, I believe those words
Of a friend whose face I have never seen
Can you believe, too, that this friendship will last forever
Over the oceans, even if we're a thousand meters apart?
 
p.s. i tried to make an acrostic and tried to make it rhyme... eh, but it's so lame so have this even lame-er poem. Xoxo lol ew
 
Choco, I'm writing you lame verses,
First of all, MIAN with three ellipses.
And an exclamation mark, because I'm shouting
as I scribbled with my pen, and I'm thinking:
Not every "OKAAAY ^_^" means to agree!
Some are sarcastic, but as for me,
I'm just joking, because I thought that
you were just fooling around, asshat.
Oh, and I didn't mean to that a-word!!
I just can't think of a rhyme, sorry for the word.
But just so you know, I still think you are pranking me
And if my hunch is correct, then you'll see--
I'll swim my way to South Korea and kick your
Because I can and I got the sass.
This is free-verse so it up,
I originally meant to say sorry but I am too fab
Talk to me after this?
I will wait for your chat, please
(Or else read line 13 you lil piece--)
Of . ♡

 

"What the, did you guys fight?" Jinhwan whistled behind him.  "Wow you guys already fight huh?"

Hanbin clicked his tongue. "Geez, hyung don't sneak up on me. And no, I'm just pranking her."

"Uhuh, and you better prapare your to get kicked brother," Jinhwan replied and clapped him in the back. "I don't understand much but she sounds like someone who will turn you into a puppy."

Hanbin smirked. "Atleast a puppy is cute..."

But he couldn't deny the fact that she made a poem just to say sorry. Seriously, do people even write poems to say sorry these days? She called herself lame, but Hanbin was happy that she did something "lame" and "embarrassing" just to apologize. And "MIAN with three ellipses", REALLY? Geez, this girl is too much. She really speaks her own mind when she wants to and doesn't leave any of it.

"She's making me feel bad, aigoo this girl," Hanbin mused and debated whether he should type a reply or not. The heart in the last part was really tempting him to answer her, though. Aigoo.

■□■

She was about to fall asleep and give up on annoying Choco... and resume tomorrow, of course. Until her phone buzzed. Rina moved so fast and unlocked the device only to find out it was from Kei.

"Damn you, woman." Rina gritted her teeth and glared at the phone as if her friend could see her. She didn't even bother reading the text and just threw it back to her bed, but she used too much forced and it skidded away and landed on the floor with a thud.

Shrieking, Rina shuffled to the other side of the room... well she dived on her bed and reached for the phone on the other end. It suddenly vibrated in her hands. Instantly she opened it and was about to curse at Kei again when she read, "I forgive you... BUT YOU HAVE TO CALL ME JAGI ONWARDS. WTF."

Maybe Rina read it wrong, but no matter how many times her eyes scanned the screen it was the same. Choco? Call him jagi?

HOLD UP I NEED TO MAKE SURE WHAT JAGI MEANS.. is what Rina thought, bu she was already giggling and she was stupid and crazy and she hated Choco--oh wait correction, I hate jagi--KYAAAHHHNOOOOO EW EW.

 HA. DOES HE THINK IT WILL AFFECT ME WHAT'S WITH HIM ALL A SUDDEN I ONLY INCLUDED A HEART RIGHT

"I must not think of anything else about this!!" Rina slapped herself with both hands for each cheek. "He's just teasing me. Yepp, jag--argh I hate YOU."

Rina couldn't stop giggling, all right. No matter how muh she supressed it, the thought of calling Choco, jagi was...

"It's just a simple attraction geeez if Hanbin told me to call him jagi I would have jumped out of the window and say goodbye to the world." The girl convinced herself though her smile hasn't ceased.

Yepp, she was definitely not affected.

■□■

As soon as Rina enter school next morning, the first person to ruin her day was Kei. She stood in front of the classroom door with her arms crossed. "Here comes the lil who threw her phone across the pacific ocean--whoa you're smiling."

Rina merely said a hi before bursting to fit of giggles. "Wazzup Ba-beh."

"I texted you last night," Kei started. "Why didn' you reply?"

"Oh that... sorry I was too annoyed to reply. What's with your timing I literally want to punch you last night for getting my hopes up."

"Oh it got your hopes up?" Kei asked and grinned.

"Yeah! I was waiting--"

"YOU WERE WAITING OH MY GODS!"

"Yeah, I was. I mean, I waited all day for--"

"ALL DAY OMG I'M SO--YOU'RE SO CUTE OMG. I KNEW YOU ALREADY KNEW LANDER WAS GOING TO GIVE YOU A BOX OF CHOCOLATE!!"

Rina squealed, but then realized what her friend just said. "What did you say?"

Her friend was still smiling gleefully. "Geez, a box of chocolate from someone you rejected... what an idol."

Rina was confused. "Uhh... who are we talking about here?"

Kei rolled her eyes. "Lander? Hello, who else?"

"Huh?"

"Huh?"

For a moment the two gitls stared blankly at each other, feeling dumb at the situation until Rina finally fished out her phone and decided to read Kei's text. And Rina frowned.

Sms from kei

OMG I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU TOMORROW.

"Wtf? What's this?" Rina asked her friend who gave her a confused look in return. "Hold up, so..."

"Oh ." Kei cursed suddenly grasping the situation. "So it's not Lander we were talking about?"

"The hell? I dunno about you, but I don't even give a about that guy.... oh, so he was going to surprise me." Rina finally dawned.

Kei bit her lips and looked at everywhere but Rina. "Ehe."

"Geez, Kei."

"Aha."

And that's how she ended up, once again, looking to Choco for help.

■□■

Rina: The people around me... geez. Do other places have scenarios like these, too? Your friends set you up to someone you don't like
Rina: and purposelly tease you and provoke you to doing something ty.
Rina: omg choco i feel so bad yet im so mad
Rina: why do you have to tell a person you like her
Rina: why do you have to say it
Rina: i dont get it
Rina: why why whyyyy if its just simple "crush" why do you have to flirt adhskdbaixha
Rina: im so arrogant wtf
Rina: but srsly i liked three people since grade school
Rina: i didnt have to tell them that tho
Rina: geez ur not even online yet im ranting
Choco: dont spam me
Rina: OMG UR ONLINE
Choco: im angry at you just so u know
Rina: i thought we made peace :-(
Choco: yeah but in one condition remember
Rina: huh but
Choco: CALL
Choco: ME
Rina: JAGIYA
Choco: Jagiya?
Choco: i only said jagi tho
Choco: u wanna call me that? Geez you could have just said so
Rina: i could see u smirking
Choco: oh really how
Rina: i sense it
Rina: dont even think abt it
Choco: ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
Choco: i could see you smiling
Rina: oh really
Choco: yeah i sense it
Choco: dont like anyone else ok
Rina: i dont like u tho
Choco: did i say it was me?
Choco: i meant iKON
Choco: geez rina if u like me just say it
Rina: choco
Choco: YA!!
Rina: i mean jagi ♡♡♡
Choco: what
Choco: heartx.... lol
Rina: did u take drugs
Rina: why dafuq r u suddenly saying that lol
Choco: cuz i can
Choco: and i got the sass
Rina: wtf
Rina: dont make me remember again
Choco: J A G I
Rina: sorry J A G I
Choco: ㅋㅋㅋㅋ gtg bruh
Choco: and oh ur mine until hanbin claims u so it up and reject that guy already

 

■□■

a/n:

ehe a sudden move i know,  what will happen to choco and rina afterwards?? but wew can't believe I already made past chapter 5 i usually can't write up to two chapters.

I'll try to update again this week lol stay tuned bros.
-kaiito