CHAPTER 04: ALL FOR HER BIAS

Mobile Romance [My KaTalk Friend!]

CHAPTER FOUR

ALL FOR HER BIAS

 

■□■

My locksreen is a screenshot of my heart!

■□■

Her dreams were full of fantasy, her suppressed imaginations had burst like a bubble. When Rina woke up, she vaguely remembered running in daffodil fields while holding hands with Hanbin. The dream was so fangirl-like, and it made her grin like an idiot the whole morning. Her mother even mistook it as excitement to going to school. She quoted how rare it was to see a morning zombie turned to an early bird. Oh, if only her Mother knew...

The only thing that Rina didn't like in her dream was the daffodil. Seriously, of all flowers why that yellow squishy fragile thingy?

"Mom, I might go home late today," Rina nonchalantly said after a sip of hot chocolate. God, even hot chocolate made her grin as she remembered Choco.

"And why is that?" Her mom answered as she placed a sparkling clean plate in front of her daughter.

"Mathew's treating us to his birthday, yay..." responded Rina. Part of her didn't want to go; she wanted to chat with Choco with more time. But Rina didn't want to poop the day so she had no choice but to go anyway.

"Make sure you're back before 7."

"Yes ma'am."

After ten minutes of munching on her food Rina finally finished eating and looked at the time: 6:00 am. Rina realized how energetic she was after having only six hours of sleep, but then again, she could nap from 3 am to 5 am and still manage to grow sunshine everywhere for the rest of the day. Opening her KakaoTalk first, she saw that Choco wasn't online. Well duh, he should probably get some more sleep, Rina chided herself. But she couldn’t deny it was lonely without him. Rina then opened Facebook messenger and her eyes widened as she saw a reminder from a classmate.

"OH FUUU I TOTALLY FORGOT THIS PIECE OF CRAP!!" Rina stared at her screen in terror. She was supposed to do that poem!! Why does she have to forget assignments every time? Crap. She shuffled towards her schoolbag and got her notebook out. Ugh, she wanted to spend her free time stalking iKON. Just... why.

Rina wondered what to write. And wondered. And wondered. She spent half an hour scribbling random stuff in her notebook. iKON, B.I, Hanbin Saranghae, Bobby = rabbit, Jinano, Donggu, Prince Hyeong, junHOE, and " this crap im getting sleepy". She thought of Tablo's masterpieces, any inspirational song from her favorite idols, but no luck. Her brain was malfunctioning at such a crucial time.

And she gave up. Rina found herself turning on her phone, a picture of iKON greeting her with the lock screen. Her lips turned upwards as she looked at how handsome they were. She wanted to her phone but she'd be disgusted with herself if she did. Finally, Rina browsed through Facebook again. Useless was on her timeline. Stupid selcas from some girl, some stupid attention-seeker ranting and hating on someone. Some were posting about their (ew) love life. She was grossed out to even read them so she just scrolled down and ignored them. That is, until she found someone hating on her favorite iKON.

Arrogant attitude. Worst personality. Seriously? All they do is diss someone. Her head hurt whenever iKON was hated upon. She laughed at the person for posting some hate . If he had to loathe a person why not tell him personally? Does he feel stronger and superior if he let all his anger out in social medias? Geez, what a life.

But it did give Rina inspiration.

Midway through her writing, her phone buzzed. Rina's fingers automatically let go of the pen and flew to her phone. She smirked when she read Choco's text. But then frowned when she saw the time. "6:55 am what the eff WHAT THE I'M LATE."

The girl stood and ran to the bathroom without replying to Choco. Why did her school have to start class with 7 am, Rina ranted in her mind. She couldn't believe she wasted her time thinking about a topic to write. When she stepped out of the bathroom and dressed for school Rina was already fifteen minutes late. FIFTEEN MINUTES SERIOUSLY AND SHE WALKS LIKE A TURTLE. Five-minute walks turn into 10 minutes. Rina couldn't believe herself, waking up so Early and going to school very late.

She didn't even check her phone and ran out of the house, briefly saying goodbye to her mother.

■□■

"Aish!! Why isn't she replying??" Hanbin muttered. He was annoyed. Bobby kept teasing him on Rina, saying he heard Hanbin murmuring her name in his sleep.

"Who isn't replying?" Donghyuk asked innocently.

Bobby smirked. Hanbin groaned. He knew that smirk. "Your babe has life too, you know."

"Babe?" Jinhwan questioned.

"Whose babe?" Junhoe added.

"No one's!!" Hanbin defended. "Ya Kim Bob I'm going to kick your if you say one more word."

"Babe." Bobby bit his bottom lip seductively as he looked straight at Hanbin. "It's not Bob, it's Bobby."

That's it. Hanbin stood and was about to tackle the evil guy when Yunhyeong placed an arm in front of him. "Geez, let him be, guys. Hanbin hyung gets lonely too you know."

Again, Hanbin groaned. "I'm not lonely okay. Rina isn't my babe no, no, no--"

"Good because babe... why babe seriously.." Jinhwan shook his head.

"--and second we still have to practice. NOW LET'S GET WORKING EVERYONE."

"Don't forget we have a dating ban," Bobby joked to him.

"YAA!!"

When lunch break came, Hanbin was more than eager to check his phone. He ignored his device the whole time because every time he'd check it, Bobby always had comment. He grinned when he received a reply. This morning he sent her a text; Rina read it but did not reply. So he thought she was mad because he didn't reply to her screenshot last night.

■□■

○6:54 am○
Choco: good morning bruh
 
○11:20 am○
Rina: heyy sorry didn't reply this morning
Rina: i was late today lol
Choco: aigoo what a responsible student
Rina: omg I'm not that responsible
Choco: that was...
Choco: sarastic tho.
Rina: arent you supposed to sarcastically reply to a sarcastic comment
Rina: u didnt sense my sarcasm
Choco: oh
Rina: i win
Choco: no no you know, im a competitive person
Rina: really? Well i really love losing
Choco:
Choco: really?
Rina: yepp
Choco: so i win?
Rina: no, i win
Choco:
Choco: can we stop
Choco: lol
Rina: lol
Choco: so how did the school punish you?
Rina: oh how could a building punish me?
Choco: what
Choco: bruh, im talking about the teachers
Rina: right... u said school
Choco: i typed it.
Rina: ok gud 4 u
Rina: loljk BASICALLY I CUT CLASSES ON FIRST CLASS HAHAHAHA
Rina: The teacher wont let me in anywaysss
Choco: how bout the lesson
Rina: id just self study lol
Rina: u eating?
Choco: nope. After this,
Rina: make sure u eat healthy food
Rina: i mean
Rina: eat well lol
Choco: ye sure sure
Choco: eat well too bruh
Choco: btw why r u late anyway
Rina: oh hehe
Rina: i forgot to do my assignment and ended up doing it last minute
Rina: #cramlord
Choco: why r u proud
Choco: geez set your priority
Choco: DONT SPAZZ TOO MUCH ABOUT IKON AND DO YOU HOMEWORKS YOU DUMB GIRL
Rina: ew why r u nagging
Choco: im not nagging u should work hard
Choco: even if u dont have dreams yet
Choco: u lil dumb girl
Rina: I HAVE A DREAM
Choco: what is it
Rina: A DREAM TO MEET IKON AND GO TO SOUTH KOREA OMG
Choco: aiigooo girl dont distract yourself with iKON
Choco: i thought they r ur inspirations
Rina: they are. lol
Choco: aish
Rina: im serious choco!!!
Rina: my crammed poem was about them. Without iKON I couldnt have written my poem
Rina: it was only 3 stanzas long tho lol
Choco: ...
Rina: i swear.
Choco: swear
Rina:
Choco: wHat
Rina: i just swore
Choco: bruh
Rina: bruh
Choco: ayyy stop messing around
Rina: ㅋㅋㅋㅋ sorry
Choco: tsk
Rina: i swear i wont let iKON distract my studies
Rina: lol what an oath
Choco: good.
Choco: too much iKON is not good for u
Rina: choco
Rina: i hate you
Choco: bruh what
Rina: ya!! How dare u
Rina: iKON may be bad but bruuh
Rina: YOURE NOT ALLOWED TO DISS MY BBS
Rina: EVER.
Choco: im not dissing them??
Rina: it'z just a warning
Rina: too many people have been badmouthing my babes
Rina: youre not one ofthem right
Choco: bruh why would i
Choco: tho that bobby guy looks like a rabbit
Rina: omg
Rina: u even know how bobby looks like
Rina: wait hes not a rabbit all the time youknow!!
Choco: hahaha then what is he
Choco: then what is he?
Rina: A FISH.
Choco: a what
Rina: KIM JIWON LOOKS LIKE A FISH YOUKNOW
Choco: really
Rina: yas he looked like a fish to me when i first saw him
Choco: b r u h
Rina: oh wait bruh gtg :((
Choco: what.
Choco: oh bye bruh ;((

■□■

"WHO LOOKS LIKE A FISH?" Bobby roared. Hanbin laughed his off while he let Bobby rant his thoughts. He shared his and Rina's chat to him just now. B.I knew from the beginning that he would compare Bobby to a rabbit, but a fish? Rina really gave him extreme ideas... although now that he thought about it, Bobby maybe looked like fish a little.

"Fish, hyung?" Chanwoo repeated. The other members frowned in confusion. They were currently grilling a fish in front of them for lunch.

"What's with him now?" Jinhwan muttered.

"I MAY LOOK LIKE A FREAKING RABBIT BUT BY ALL MEANS, HOW IN THE WORLD DO I LOOK LIKE THAT THING JUNHOE IS EATING?" Bobby glared at Junhoe who had already started munching on the cooked fish.

Yunhyeong started. "Um.. but that's--"

"--Junhoe? Bobby hyung looks like Junhoe?" Donghyuk questioned loudly, gaining the attention of the fish... no, the fish... Bobby.

"How do I look like Bobby hyung?" Junhoe frowned while inspecting Bobby's face. "But yeah hyung, you're right. You look like an angry fish, a little."

"I'M NOT ANGRY. I'M NOT A FISH."

"Hold up guys. I don't understand." Donghyuk cut them off. "Why--where did you get that idead, hyung?"

Immediately the fish pointed at Hanbin who was still laughing. "What?" He asked when he realized the others were looking at him. "It was Rina's idea!!"

"Rina?" Chanwoo asked. "Oh that girl who thought you and Bobby hyung will get babies?"

Hanbin sighed. "Yes, and will you stop talking about that. It's creepy."

"Ohhh that girl sounds... crazy." Junhoe shook his head. "Let's eat."

That sentence changed the topic. Everyone immediately took their seats and were about to dig in when they noticed the absence of their leader. "Hanbin?" Jinhwan called. "Why are you--what's wrong??"

Everyone turned to the leader, who was sympathetically staring at... the fish.

"Oh my god, don't tell me." Bobby groaned.

"Let's pray guys," Hanbin said. "We should pray for Bobby's cousin."

Bobby sighed. "Bless you."

■□■

Hours passed by like eternity. When Hanbin was talking to Rina time seemed to go faster, but why does he feel like time was walking like turtle right now? The sun was just setting. Hanbin imagined what kind of sky Rina was staring up to right now. Is she even looking at the sky? Hanbin dumbly asked himself. He breathed a sigh and smiled as soon as he remembered Rina was going to South Korea in a month.

What kind of person would he see? Is she different from how she is in KakaoTalk? He wondered what kind of reaction she'd make on the day Hanbin tells her who Choco really is. Hanbin was never a friendly person. But for some reason he talked comfortably to Rina, even telling her few lies.

His thoughts were interrupted when his phone vibrated. He fished his phone out and read the text from the girl in his thoughts.

■□■

Rina: CHOCO HELP MEEEE
Choco: WHAT WHAT
Rina: IFDK WHATTODO
Choco: whaat
Rina: Choco tell me honestly
Rina: when someone tells you they like you??
Choco: why? Did you get confessed at?
Rina: JUST TELL ME
Choco: did you just get a confession? Just now??
Rina: omg why r u asking!! Yes now tell meeeee
Rina: tbh i ran away when i saw him cuz i was too surprised
Rina: omg what to do choco
Choco: well do you like the guy?
Rina: dafuq no i have hanbin
Choco: what
Choco: what does hanbin have to do with this
Rina: I SARANG IKON REMEMBER I DONT EVEN FIND GUYS IN MY SCHOOL ATTRACTIVE EW EW
Choco: ya dont judge
Choco: they may not be good-loking but their personality...
Rina: THATS RIGHT THEIR PERSONALITY IS AWFUL TOO
Rina: srsly that is too boastful and i dont like him one bit
Choco: iKON might be like that too yaknow
Rina: EXACTLY
Choco: oh what
Rina: EVEN IF I FIND A PERSONS FLAWS AND UGLY SIDE AND I STILL LIKE THEM THEN I FIND THEM ATTRACTIVR
Rina: SO IT DOESNT REALLY MATTER AS LONG AS OMG I CANT EXPLAIN OMGGGGGG ITS SO HARD
Choco: so ur saying... it's ok for ikon to have bad personality because you still like them?
Rina: yass
Rina: DO YOU NEED A REASON TO LIKE SOMEBODY
Rina: YOU DONT.
Rina: THATS MY LOGIC. THINK.
Choco: then you could just like him too
Rina: but i dont feel anything.
Choco: then say that geez
Choco: DONT LIKE HIM OK
Rina: i dont hate him, i dont like him... it's apathy?
Choco: good good
Choco: yepp then tell him that
Choco: tell him you dont like him
Rina: what the lol hahaha
Choco: why didnyou even talk to me about this
Rina: i left everyone ok? I was having a good time until he came -_-
Rina: u were the only person i could reach out to
Rina: U MAH SAVIOOR
Choco: eyy thats too much
Choco: dont like iKON too much ok
Rina: what whyyyy
Rina: u want a proof to prove m love for them
Rina: i can screenshot my heart
Choco: dafuq nothanks
Choco: no reason lol kbye bruh good luck
Rina: yepp thanks choco ☆
Rina: i give u cookies ( : : ) ( : : )
Choco: how is that a cookie
Rina: it is a virtual cookie eat well xoxo ☆

■□■

Rina stood from the bench when she saw familiar figures nearing at her. She was glad Choco had managed to clear her mind. She was shocked when that guy came out of nowhere and said the thing she hate most. How could people stand confessing to someone? Rina didn't like it whenever someone likes her. She wasn't pretty, and she sure as hell isn't kind. Plus she liked iKON too much to even think of the people around her.

"Hey," he called. "I'm sor--"

"I'm sorry dude. I like Kim Hanbin too much and I'm too delusional about it to even go out with people around me. I know Hanbin doesn't know me but that's okay." Rina uttered staring straight at him.

The guy sighed. "That's right so just let go of your pathetic idol."

"Pathetic." Rina couldn't believe what she just heard. "Yeah my idol is pathetic. Bye bro."

And with that, she her heels and walked out of the scene, her friends trailing behind her. She wondered if Choco thought iKON was pathetic, too. Geez. I'm worse than iKON, so what, Rina thought to herself and smiled. "Don't give a damn at negative things" that was her motto.

I'm a hypocrite insensitive , lol, she thought.

■□■

a/n:

Short update guys iswear next chapter will be more exciting. Actually, i plan this story wont have more than 20 chapters lol. I want this story to focus on being an international fan who gets to talk to her anonymous bias online. But ah, i still cant finalize my ideas tho so lets just see how it goes lol

-kaiito