Worth saving

ICE & FIRE

Seohyun’s POV

 

I woke up from a good night’s sleep and stretched my body on what I can guaranteed was the softest bed in the world. I turned my head to the side expecting to see my princess sleeping peacefully on her bed. However, upon scanning the beautifully decorated room, I could not find a single soul. The doctor who was treating her small wounds, the nurses who were assisting him and most importantly my lover who was warmly embracing me last night. My stomach started to feel a bit uneasy, this sight only screamed trouble to me. I quickly got up from the bed and walked into YoonA’s walk-in closet. Passing through the row of different wardrobes that contained uniform for different occasions before stopping in front of the military section. Right after I noticed that one of her military uniform was missing, I knew where to find her. I ran out of the room surprising the maids outside who were polishing the sparkling golden staircase. After what happened yesterday, I didn’t expect anyone to still be shock at the sight of me leaving the princess’s room in the morning with messy bed hair. Even though I wanted to stay and explained to them that I was her majesty’s girlfriend, I couldn’t because our nation was about to go to war. I smiled at them shyly and made my way toward the guard quarter in order to change into my military uniform.

 

YoonA’s POV

 

I was sitting on the throne, yes the throne that Taeyeon was saying that I was not deserved to have. The damages that was done by our battle yesterday were still visibly in the throne room but neither I nor anyone else had the time to care about them. Everyone was talking among themselves, even though they tried to lower their voices the amount of distress in them still showed. I clenched my fist before banging loudly on the table in front of me, a gestured that my father always used to show his superior. Everyone turned silent, I guessed I reminded them of him now. I glanced at the uninvited guest in front of me and signaled him to talk. The man dressed in a black suit kneel before taking a green leaf out of his pocket to show me his identity.

 

“Your majesty, I am the ambassador of the Earth Nation. I am here as a representative of my country, to ask you for help. We had been existing without a ruler in over a decade and as of recently our princess was and still missing. As if good luck hates us, right now the ICE Nation had fought into our country and held us hostage. If no one will stand up and fight against their ruler, the Earth Nation will soon be seized of existence.” I looked at the old in sympathy. He was right, his country had left unattended for a long time, at this rate it will end up burn down to flame. The princess that was missing even though I knew where she was, she won’t be able to do much for her country after all she was just a 12 years old kid. I turned to General and Taeyeon upon thinking about Sunny, the other Earth princess but what can I ask of her at the moment? Practically nothing.

“Your majesty, our ruler had been kidnapped too. At this moment we can’t afford to think about other people but our own nation. We can’t sent an army to save them because soon they might come for us.” Royal adviser Park who was standing beside me said and I agreed with him. Our army was strong but now that Yonghwa had acquired the Earth and possibly the Sand, it was clear that we stood no chance again them. I had to make a decision no matter how hard it was. I put my hand up signaling that I had come to a conclusion but before I could say a word, a strong explosion was heard. All the guards surrounded me, I didn’t get to do anything else before being escorted out to a much safer place.

 

Hyoyeon’s POV

 

I had been driving all night without any destination in mind. Even though I knew that I was much needed back at our hideout but all the betrayal that was throwing at my face were severely messing with my head. Before I know it, the morning light hit me, I started up the car again and started dialing Sooyoung’s number. After many fail attempts, I decided to call Sunny and Amber but neither one of them answer my call. I contemplated for a while before deciding to call Jessica and maybe disturbing her recovering rest in the process but I didn’t have much choice. After many beeps, Jessica finally answered but her exhausting voice didn’t give me much peace of mind.

 

“Jessica, what happen? Are you okay?” I stepped on the brake so hard when I heard her calling Seulgi’s name in the background. ‘Seulgi Seulgi wake up’

“Seulgi? You found Seulgi? Where are you? Tell me, I will go and pick you up.” I started driving again still kept asking her for direction until Jessica stopped me with a stern voice.

“Hyoyeon, you have to go back to the hideout. I think Sooyoung, Sunny and Amber may be in trouble. I couldn’t contact them at all last night and now they still haven’t call me back.” That hit me, I haven’t gotten through to any of them too.

“I will go to you guys first and then we’ll go find them together.” I said, still Jessica and Seulgi must be in critical condition.

“No, you go to them, we’ll alright as long as we stay hidden.” She said before hanging up on me. I threw my phone in frustration. Why can’t I have the power to save everyone at the same time? This so bad.

 

As soon as I arrived at the hideout, I could sense immediately that there was something bad happened. I walked inside only to discover the horror in front of me. Sunny was passing out in a blood bath that had dried up and I wasn’t sure if she was alive and Sooyoung was unconscious, did she drink the potion. I looked around and located Amber in the far end of the living room stuck in a bunch of vegetable. I walked toward her and noticed her puffy eyes. It seemed like she fell asleep after crying her eyes out. I pulled the green stuffs off of her and she began to wake up. She hugged me as soon as she saw me before narrating the event from last night. I told her to calm down before asking her to help me checking the duo’s condition. I walked up to Sooyoung and placed my hand on her heart. I grabbed her hand and tried to pick up her pulp. I made sure that she was alive before using my fingers to open her eyelids slowly. As I had expected her eyes started to form colors, the potion was a success.

 

“Unnie !!” Amber’s voice alarmed me, I turned to her direction only to see Sunny sitting up and looking around the room as if she was lost. I got up and walked straight toward her.

“Sunny, are you okay?” I asked as I started to check her condition. There was nothing out of ordinary. There was not injury except for a pair of dazzling eyes. Amber gasped in surprise and scream in happiness.

“Unnie, your eyes are green.” Sunny looked at Amber as if she had gone insane before turning to me. As soon as I nodded agreeing with her little sister, she stood up and rushed toward the bathroom and stood in front of the mirror. She ran back outside and grabbed my shoulders.

 

“How? How is this happened?” She asked smiling.

“I don’t know, maybe Tiffany wasn’t plan on killing you after all.” I said, even though it was hard to believe. After all there was no explanation other than that right. Tiffany is a Halfer, if she wanted to kill Sunny, she didn’t have to do that much work. The three of us looked at each other in disbelief, now is there anything we can believe in?

“I’m okay too if anyone care.” Sooyoung’s voice broke us out of our trance. She stood straight and not only that she was taller than all of us (Obviously) but she was beautiful. Her eyes had formed different colors. To normal human being the colors maybe scary but to me it was a masterpiece.

“It was a success?” Amber asked and I nodded.

“Then that means it must have worked on Seolhyun too.” Sunny voiced out and that was my concern. But it shouldn’t be what is important right now.

“I must go and save Jessica and Seulgi. You guys stay here and be safe…” Before I could finish giving them instruction, an explosion was heard. We ran outside trying to locate the explosion when Amber pushed a paper in my hand. I unfolded and the written words on gave me a heart attack. The direction that the explosion was heard was exactly where Jessica and Seulgi was staying in. Without waiting, all of us ran into the car and started driving. I gave Sunny the wheel when my phone started vibrating. I picked it up and opened the message.

 

‘Your wife is dying, maybe you want to see her for the last time.’ It was from Seolhyun. There was a photo attached to it. Tears rolling out of my eyes when the sight of Nicole sleeping on the dirty floor with all the visible bruises on her face. After everything she had done to me, do I really want to save her?