The calm before the chaos

ICE & FIRE

Taeyeon's POV

I've just arrived at my office, today was a tiring day. After Yuri left, the whole kingdom is in chaos. The Fire nation scared of her while the ruler locked up his second daughter. Even though a part of me hate YoonA but a part of me know that only she can save Yuri from those who want to hurt her.

Ring

“ Hello Father ”
“ I hope you haven't forget about our dinner tonight. ”
“ Yes, I will be there ”
“ Today's going to be a reunion for the three of us. ”
“ Yes father ”
“ Okay I hang up now, see you later. ”
“ Yes father ” I looked at my phone and sighed sorry dad I'm not sure whether or not there will be three people.

Brrr brrr

My phone vibrated dedicate that I got a message. I opened it
“ Boo meet me at the border in 10 minutes ”

I replied back

“ What's wrong baby? Is there any problem at the Palace? ”

“ Don't ask, just go right now ”

I sensed that it was an emergency, so I hurriedly got in my car and drove away.

Jessica's POV

I was about to run but something hit me. I turned around and looked at them.

“ Wait! Why are you guy acting like this? I'm the ICE princess. ”

“ Oh yeah we know you are the princess, USED TO BE our princess ” Taeyang snickered at me, that guy he had never been in good term with me since the start. He's just a selfish fool.

“ Oppa ” I looked at GD Oppa, he is like my second brother. He looked at me sadly.

“ I thought I'm your sister ... remember when you said Yonghwa's sister is your sister too. ” I tried to bribe him.

“ I ... ” He was about to say something when Taeyang came in front of him

“ Yeah but now you're not Yonghwa's sister anymore, you are a criminal ”

“ What? Since when did I become a criminal? I didn't do anything wrong. ”

“ ENOUGH!!! ” Taeyang shouted

“ let's just kill her and get it over with ”

They were about get to me when suddenly they were blown away by a strong impact of something incredibly deadly.

“ What the heck? ” Taeyang shouted

I looked up and my eyes widen. It was ... Taeyeon's pet ... that stupid beast that almost kill me at the prison. What is it doing here???

1 hour earlier

Taeyeon's POV

I have arrived at the border. No matter how much I hate to be here, I still come for my baby. I looked around the human nation waiting for my mushroom. After what seem like an eternity, she finally showed up.

“ Hi boo ” She said as she pecked my lips

“ Hey, what were you going to tell me? ” I said as I smile on her lips.

“ Start the car, I'll tell you on the way ” I started the engine and drove along the empty road. After a while I took her hand, a sign to tell her to speak.

“ It's Jessi, she's in danger. ” I chuckled

“ Why? Where is her beloved brother who would save her ? ”

“ Mind your word boo, he betrayed her. ” she glared at me

“ How about her parent? ”

“ They don't remember her. ” my eyes widen

“ How come? ” she looked away but I can feel her hand squeeze mine tight, a sign that something bad had happened.

“ Yonghwa destroyed their memories of her. Right now he's their only child and the throne is his. ”

“ Then what are we ... ”

“ Tae that .. that car ... they are here ”

“ GD's group? What are they doing here? ”

“ They are here for Jessica, we have to find her right now ”

Present time

Jessica's POV

I jumped in joy as I see Tiffany ran toward me.

“ Tiff I'm so glad to see you ” I said as I hugged her tight

“ Me too babe me too ” Tiffany said as she laughed

“ What should we do with them? ” I heard Taeyeon's voice as she pointed at the five guys who were struggling under the beast's big arms.

“ I really want to kill them for trying to hurt my best friend ” Tiffany said as her eyebrows furrowed together

“ The situation between both nations are pretty bad right now. If we kill them, there will be more troubles. Beside this girl already cause enough chaos. ” Taeyeon said as she glared at me, so I glared back at her.

Author's POV

“ Enough you two ” Tiffany broke their glaring contest as she sensed the tension between them before she continued

“ Let's get out of here, I have a Kwon to kill ”

“ Fany ah please ... ” Taeyeon used her puppy eyes on Tiffany trying to ease her anger toward Yuri

“ Your puppy eyes are not working this time Tae, that Kwon brought it upon herself. She dares to left my best friend here unprotected. ”

“ But she's not her bodyguard ... ” Taeyeon didn't dare to finish her sentence. She shut as soon as Tiffany glared at her. Jessica just looked at them. She didn't know what to do. Of course she's angry with Yuri but to think about it. It was part of her fault too. She crossed the line this time and she felt really bad about it.

Yuri's POV

I hit the shower as soon as I arrived at the house. I need to calm myself down before I face her again. I don't want to lost control and cause her harm. Well who am I kidding? I'm the most dangerous person in everyone's eyes and the worst part is she agrees with them too. I took a deep breath and wrapped my wet hair with a towel. I walked out of the bathroom only to find Tiffany standing there glaring at me.

“ What? ” I asked because it is uncomfortable to be glared at like that.

“ The thing that you did, you should know it very well. ” Now she's playing mind game with me. Why are girls so hard to understand? Wait I'm a girl too -.-

“ Look if you're on your period and you need someone to solve the puzzle of your mood swing game. I'm definitely not the one you seek. Where's Taeng? ” Taeyeon could really save my right now.

“ I told her to go home because I don't want her to be your backup when I kill you. ” alright now I'm confuse.

“ What the ? What did I do? Just tell me already!!! ” Suddenly I got pushed against the wall as she grabbed my collar.

“ I swear to god if you ever put Jessi in danger again, I will rip your head off' What? Danger?

“ What the heck are you talking about? What danger? ”

“ Oh right you didn't know that The ICE's watchdogs found her and almost kill her if I wasn't there on time or you just left her there on purpose? ” I pushed her off me

“ Don't ever accuse me of such thing. I would never do anything to hurt her. ”

“ Then what the were you thinking that you left her just like that ? ”

“ I was mad because she went to the FIRE palace. ”

“ What? Is she crazy? ”

“ See? You are mad too. Anyway where is she right now? Is she okay? ”

“ She's fine, I told her to rest. I have to go and have dinner with Tae Tae's family. I will kill you if something stupid happen to Jessi again.” she warned me before she left without waiting for my reply. Geez she's not even a royal, what power does she have to kill me.

I walked out of my room toward Jessica's room. I stand in front of it for 10 minutes before I made up my mind to walked in. There she was on the bed sleeping soundly as if this world is actually a safe place to be in. I walked to her bed and looked down on her beautiful face. I tracked down from her catlike eyes to her shape nose then rest my eyes on her pink rosy lips. If only I could be with you, if only my presence wouldn't cause danger to you. If only you knew that your first love is right here all along. If only that day did not exist.

Flashback

“ Yuri! Tiffany! Can you come here for a bit? ”

“ Yes grandpa ” We both answer in unison.

“ Here I want you two to drink this potion that I have just completed. ” We looked at him with our innocent eyes.

“ It does you no harm, just try it. ” We smiled and drank it happily.

Flashback end

The last thing I remember was me playing outside with Tiffany before I lost my consciousness only to be woken up in the prison. That was the most painful day of my life. The day I lost everyone including Jessica Jung.

I closed my eyes. I leaned down and kissed her forehead. I swear with my life that I would never let anyone hurt you. I swear to protect you from everyone especially myself. Jessica I love you.

Author's POV

Taeyeon arrived at her father's house. She wass waiting outside for Tiffany to arrive. Excite to introduce her girlfriend to her father for the first time. She fixed her clothes ten times already wanting to look presentable for her lover. She turned around as she heard a footstep behind her. She turned around to welcome her only to form an angry look on her face.

“ What are you doing here? ” She muttered angrily
“ Isn't it obvious? I'm here to have dinner with our family. ” Sunny chuckled

“ I was kind enough to warn you not to come but you are stupid enough to not understand it. Didn't I make myself clear? ”

“ You did make yourself clear unnie but there is one thing you need to know. I'm not the weak naive child that afraid of you anymore. I have grown up and strong enough to defend myself against my enemy ... against you. ”

“ Well okay then I don't have to play nice with you anymore. Since you dare to come here, that mean the war between us has begun. ”

Sunny's POV

I smirked as our eyes were glowing with colors ready to attack each other.

“ Tae Tae sorry I'm late ” Suddenly a girl came out of nowhere to hug and kiss Taeyeon. I looked at her confuse. Who is she? She seemed to realize the tension as she started to acknowledge my presence.

“ Oh hi, my name is Tiffany Hwang. And you are? ” she extended her hand. I took it ignoring Taeyoen's glaring right through my soul. I smiled at her. Her hand is familiar.

“ Nice to meet you. My name is Sunny Lee. I'm Taeyeon unnie's sister. ”

“ Nice to meet you too. I'm Taeyeon's girlfriend. ” She smiled as we were still shaking hands.

“ Enough ! ” Taeyeon took Tiffany's hand in hers as she looked at me in disgust. Possessive much.

“ Tae Tae be nice ”

“ How long have you guys been out here? Don't just stand there come on in. ” Father seemed to be surprise to see all of us here together.

“ Good evening father! ” “Good evening father! ” Taeyeon and I greeted him at the same time. Pretty awkward. Tiffany giggled.

“ Good evening General Kim ”
“ Father this is Tiffany Hwang, my girlfriend. ”
“ Ah nice to finally meet you casually like this. We usually meet at the formal ceremonies between the two nations. So just call me uncle on this casual occasion. ” she eyesmiled at him

“ Yes uncle ” we chatted a bit more before the dinner started. This Tiffany girl look really really familiar to me, maybe she is the answer to the questions that have been haunting my mind.

Back at the FIRE Palace

Author's POV

A shadow sneaked into the princess's room quietly without anyone knowing. It got near the bed where the princess was sleeping peacefully and start shaking and waking her up.

“ Young! Young! Wake up ” The shadow was none other than Seohyun, her lover.

“ Why? Baby just 5 more minutes. ” YoonA replied with her eyes still closing tight.

“ No there is no more time, wake up now. ”

“ Okay Okay I'm up, what's wrong? ” YoonA became alerted by Seohyun's serious tone.

“ The decision had been made. Your father accepted The ICE's request of sending guards to catch Yuri unnie. ”

“ What? What is he thinking? He wants to kill his own daughter? ”

“ Shh don't be too loud, Young what should we do? ”

“ First, we have to go find her. ”