The Pain

ICE & FIRE

“ Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ” a scream of pain echoing through the dark cell. Just from that scream, you could imagine how much pain the person who created it was going through. It is not that hard for Seolhyun to imagine it too. She wanted to just barge in there and stop whatever experiments they were putting on her Yuri. Yes, her Yuri … the subject of her affection, even though it was only one side.

 

“ Seolhyun ! Bring the other box of potion in here. ” Hyoyeon’s voice could be heard through her communication radio. She prayed to god that they would end it faster. She didn’t want to walk in there facing Yuri with blood coming out of , yet still optimistic as . More importantly, she didn’t want to hear that name anymore.

 

Seolhyun’s POV

Flashback

 

“ We are done for today. Seolhyun you go in there and make sure that she eat and will be alive for the next experiment. ” Jung Jinyoung or as we referred to him as master Jung said.

“ Yes, Sire ” I bowed at them before opened the door, took a deep breath preparing myself for what I was about to see. As I walked in, I saw Yuri with her head hanging low. She looked so tired probably from the endurance of the pain. I walked closer to her and noticed that she was mumbling or more like silently chanting something. I put my hand on her chin and raised her head up. She smiled at me still didn’t stop her soft chanting. I leaned closer wanting to hear what she was saying, but all I heard was Jessica.

“ Who is Jessica? ” I said as I let her face go and walked toward the tray of food that was brought in by the other guard.

“ The love of my life. ” She replied to me, the smile never left her face.

“ Oh are you chanting for her to recuse you faster? ” I said trying to make a joke

“ No, I’m doing it to tell myself not to die because she is waiting for me. I made a promise that no matter what happen, I will never leave her. ” okay that made me jealous and that smile started to bothering me

“ What’s with the smile? ”

“ I can’t help but smile everytime I think about her. One day I will be free and I will be able to tell her who I really am. ”

“ Well that just made my job easier, open up you have to eat if you want to meet her. ” I said, she gladly opened and let me feed her. From that day onward, I know that my love for Yuri will always be a one side love.

 

End of flashback

 

Jessica’s POV

When will she arrive? I contacted my cousin since yesterday, she said that she would gladly come here and see me. I’m glad that apart from my friends, I still have her to count on. Speaking of friends, why am I alone since the time I woke up? I walked into the kitchen to see Sooyoung busy cooking. I’m glad that after what happened, she still cooked for us. Well she still ignored everyone except Amber. I walked up to Amber who was sitting alone. I patted her head. In this situation, I don’t have to ask if she is alright. No one is, this house is probably the saddest house in the whole universe. Speaking of sad, where is YoonA and Seohyun? I looked around, yet there was still no sight of them.

“ Where is YoonA and Seohyun? ” I asked hoping someone would answer me.

“ They went back to the Fire. That place is in chaos right now. ” A familiar voice was heard.

“ Sunny? When did you come? What happened at the Fire? ” I asked

“ The ruler and his wife had been kidnapped. ”

“ Kidnapped ??? ” I screamed in shock, I looked at Amber in pity, my outburst would have scared her.

“ Yes and General Kim was injured. That is why it is a chaos. ”

“ Oh no this is really bad, I have to call my cousin to come faster. ” I said as I ran into the bedroom to get my phone.

 

Author’s POV

 

“ Hey beautiful, how are you? ” Sunny patted Amber’s head as she talked to Sooyoung who in return acted Sunny was not exist.

“ What’s with the cold shoulder? Did I do something wrong? ” Sooyoung heaved a sigh, she glanced at Amber before gesturing Sunny to follow her outside.

“ What’s up? ”

“ How shameless are you to show up here, Sunny? ” Sooyoung said sternly

“ What? What are you talking about? ”

“ I can’t believe you sold out your friend like that. ”

“ How? Did Taeyeon come here? ”

“ Taeyeon? What did you do to her? ”

“ N…nothing ” for the first time in her life, Sunny shuttered.

“ Tell me that you have nothing to do with what happened to Yuri and the caretaker. ”

“ What are you talking about? ”

“ I saw you. You were spying on us when me, Tiffany, Yuri and Amber went to find the caretaker in the factory. Tell me Sunny, why did you tell the ICE about our whereabout and the factory’s entrance. ”

“ I have to know what happened to my parents. ”

“ Sunny, do you know the consequences of your actions. The caretaker is dead and Yuri is being held inside their prison, we don’t even know if she is alive. And from my observation, you might have something to do with General Kim’s injury as well. ”

“ How about the consequences of how much my family suffer because of the Fire? ”

“ Yuri may just be a friend to you but she is my bestfriend. She meant to me more than life itself. I don’t ever want to see you come anywhere near us again. ”

“ How about me? Am I meant nothing to you now? ”

“ Yes ” Sooyoung said and she walked away, Sunny sighed in irritation as she walked the other way.

 

Back inside the house

 

Jessica was walking back and forth mumbling the same phrase over and over.

“ This is bad, this is really bad. ”

“ Unnie, please stop it. You’re making me dizzy. ” Amber finally had enough

“ This is bad Amber. If they kidnapped the ruler and his wife, that only mean one thing. They … ”

“ They’re going to do experiment on her until she reach her limit. ” a voice came first, before the person

finally presented themselve at the door.

“ Hyoyeon ” Jessica said

“ Now tell me why are you wasting my time, I still have many experiments to do. ”

“ Don’t you dare lay a finger on Yuri. ”

“ Too bad, I already have ”

“ You ” Jessica grabbed Hyoyeon’s collar, as both their eyes turned to blue and yellow.

“ Both of you calm down ” Nicole who walked in calmly, as if the scene in front of her is really common.

“ Nicole !!! ” Jessica pushed Hyoyeon away and pulled Nicole in for a hug.

“ Yah she is my wife, I’m supposed to hug her first. ” Hyoyeon said as she tried to pry Jessica’s arm off

of Nicole. A small figure made way toward Amber.

“ Guess nobody want to hug me. Hey what’s your name? ” she said as she took a sit beside Amber

“ Amber ” Amber mumbled, this girl to be around her age.

“ I’m Krystal, nice to meet you stupid.”

“ Hey you just met me, how could you call me stupid? So rude. ”

“ Rudeness seem to run in our family. ” Krystal replied as her eyes turned blue and Amber got scared

“ I … I mean nice to meet you. It’s okay, you can call me stupid any day. ” Krystal smiled as she patted

Amber on the head. Amber’s thought I’m going to be bald, why does everyone keep patting my head?

“ Enough you two, you just ignore my baby sister. ” Nicole scolded Hyoyeon and Jessica. They finally

put some attention on the girl sitting and patting her new found servant.

“ Hey baby Jung ” Jessica said as she took a sit beside the two so called babies.

“ Hyo, I heard about your little operation with Appa. How could you just come here and not inform me the whole detail? ”

“ W… well babe it was so urgent, beside it’s not everyday that we finally caught the halfer. ”

“ That halfer happened to Jessica unnie’s first love. ” Jessica nodded

“ She’s a criminal. ”

“ What did she ever do to be considered one? ”

“ She’s dangerous.”

“ She had never hurt anyone in her entire life. ”

“ She could if she wanted to. ”

“ She is not a bad person. ”

“ Okay you two calm down. Hyoyeon, how could you accuse someone before even know her whole story? ”

“ But babe she … ”

“ My brother is the bad guy. He exiled me and destroyed my parents’ memories. ”

“ How can I believe anything you say? You were considered a criminal too. ”

“ Okay, me and Krystal will go in and investigate what happened. But for now Hyoyeon please keep us

update on Yuri’s wellbeing and try not to hurt her as much. ”

“ But … ”

“ No but, we’re done. Now let’s go. ”

“ Don’t worry unnie, I’ll prove your innocence and help the love of your life. ” Nicole consoled Jessica

before she hopped in the car with Hyoyeon and Krystal.

 

Meanwhile at the prison

Yuri’s POV

 

I was still chained inside the cell and still chanting Jessica’s name. I feel exhausted, I’ve been in here for approximately 3 days. They forced me to drink potion after potion, each one of them brought me different pain. The pain was so unbearable that I just wish they would kill me right there instead. I had no idea what they were trying to do, but I’m pretty sure that I’m not getting out of here any sooner. Since I have been here, all I did was chanting Jessica’s name and look at the door. There are only two reasons the door open. One, it is time for my torment. Two, it is time for that pretty girl to feed me food. I took a deep breath as I heard the door being unlock, it is still too early for food. I closed my eyes, didn’t want to see the color of potion that I have to force down my throat today. Instead of the hand on my mouth, I heard people talking.

“ Get them in ” a familiar voice, it was Seolhyun’s.

“ Do I have a visitor? ” I said jokingly

“ Oh no, actually you have two. ” it was Yonghwa’s voice. My eyes widen.

“ Mom ! Dad ! ” do I even have the right to call them that?