Seolhyun

ICE & FIRE

Author’s POV

 

“ Father ! ” Taeyeon screamed as she ran toward the man who was kneeling down in front of them only to get stopped by the guards.

“ What is going on? What are you talking about? ” Tiffany asked

" Tell them General Kim, tell Sunny and Tiffany what you did to their father. ” Yonghwa said as he crouched down to General Kim’s level.

“ It was the order, the order from the high up to kill the Earth ruler because he refuses to live under the power of the ICE. ” General Kim replied as he looked at Yonghwa

“ The ICE? ” Tiffany asked

“ Stop lying, the Fire General would not take the order from the ICE ruler. ” Yonghwa said slightly angry

“ I’m not lying, the ICE ruler put pressure on the Fire ruler to do as they said … ”

" Shut up !!! ” Yonghwa shouted as he hit General Kim hard till his body got thrown across the room and knocked out.

“ You bastard !!! ” Taeyeon shouted as she matched toward him only to be knocked down by Sunny.

“ Stay out of this. ” Sunny said to Taeyeon

“ No matter who gave the order, that guy is still the one who kill your father. Tiffany ! Sunny ! are you going to let this slide? ” Yonghwa said as he composed himself back from his anger.

" Kill him ! ” he continued. Taeyeon’s eyes widen as she looked at Sunny and Tiffany.

“ Kill me instead please, please let him go ” Taeyeon kneeled down in front of them.

“ Taeyeon ” Tiffany said with tears in her eyes.

“ With pleasure ” Sunny said as she kicked Taeyeon hard in the stomach.

" You have never thought that this day would ever come right Taeyeon? ” Sunny said as she put her foot on top of Taeyeon who was coughing out blood. She grabbed Taeyeon by the neck and threw her to the fragile wall of the old house. Taeyeon flew through the wall. She got up feeling dizzy as blood keep oozing out from the open wound of her head. Tiffany looked away, she couldn’t bear to see Taeyeon in the condition with that much pain.

“ Say goodbye Tiffany. ” Yonghwa said as he smiled in victory. He got them where he wanted.

“ Enough ! ” Sunny stopped in her track as she heard Tiffany’s voice.

“ Let’s just stop here Sunny. We need to go find our little sister. ” Tiffany said without looking at Sunny nor Taeyeon. This is my goodbye Taeyeon. Let’s hope to never see each other again in the future.

“ What? Just kill her already Sunny.” Yonghwa said clearly not amused with Tiffany’s decision. Sunny took a glance at the man who was lying on the ground. For the time that you raised me and gave me fatherly love. Let’s take this as a pay back. Don’t ever let me see you again.

“ Let them go.” Sunny said as she walked away after Tiffany.

 

Sooyoung’s family factory

 

“ What is this place? What are we doing in here? ” Jessica asked

“ This is my family’s secret gun factory. It is the safest place for us right now. ” Sooyoung replied

“ Will YoonA and Yuri be able to find us? I think we should go back to my old hiding place. ”

“ Don’t worry, I had been here with Yuri before. She knows the way. ”

“ I hope they will be here soon. ” Seohyun said clearly worried about both of them. Jessica could only sigh and walked up to the quiet girl who was sitting at the corner.

“ Amber, are you okay? ” the sulking girl looked up at her before replying

“ I’m worry about my sister. ”

“ Sister? ” Jessica asked clearly wasn’t aware of Amber’s story.

“ Amber was here to find her lost sisters. By the way have you found them? ” Seohyun asked

“ I found one of them, she is … ”

“ Guys ! ” Sooyoung said as she pointed at something in horror.

“ What’s wrong Sooyoung? ” Jessica asked as the three of them ran to Sooyoung’s side

“ OMG ” Jessica and Seohyun screamed

“ Caretaker ! ” Amber shouted as she hugged her lifeless body and cried

“ Who is she? ” Seohyun asked

“ She was the caretaker of Amber’s sisters. ” replied Sooyoung

“ She must have known something that someone didn’t want us to know. ”

“ If that is the case, then this place is no longer safe. We must get out of here. ”

“ Amber let’s go ” Sooyoung spoke softly to the child who was crying nonstop.

“ No, she is the only one I have left. Please wake up please! Why? Why does everyone keep leaving me? How many more do I have to lost? ” Amber cried in agony

The three of them looked at her in pity. She was only a child after all.

“ Just it up Amber. You still have your sister, remember? Let’s go find them. ” Sooyoung said as she walked out without looking at Amber. Jessica ran after Sooyoung as she sense the tension.

“ Sooyoung, what’s wrong? ”

“ Nothing. ”

“ You never act this emotionless. You just told a child to it up. ” Jessica slightly mad at Sooyoung’s ignorant.

“ Because I went through the same thing. I live just fine until now. Why can’t she do the same? ”

“ What are you talking about? ”

“ Have you wonder why this is my family’s factory, yet not a single one of my family members exist? They’re gone. ”

“ Wh… who? ”

“ Who else would kill them other than your family? ”

 

Author’s POV

 

After leaving the factory, the four of them was walking silently back to Yuri and Jessica’s old hiding place. Jessica kept looking at Sooyoung from time to time. Just how much sin have her family made just to get to where they are? She can never understand why her family care so much about power? Why the world can’t live in peace if they can’t control everyone? She never wants to hurt nor destroy other people’s lives just to get what she wants? Right now, she is way too shameful to even lift her head to look at her friends. Friends… does she even have to right to call them friends? All she did was hurting them. She looked at Sooyoung whose family was killed in fire that destroy their home. Killing them was not enough, your family have to put an innocent 12 years old to die in jail. She looked at Amber whose family got separated and die. What does her own family hold against two 12 years old? Why do they want to make them suffer? And Yuri, oh Yuri… how can Jessica even start with her? Such a nice and kind person was thrown in jail and hated for all her life. They keep telling her that the halfer is dangerous, but to her, Yuri is the warmest person in the world for her.

 

Jessica’s POV

 

As we arrived at the house, I saw YoonA sitting with her head in her hands. She seem to be crying.

 

“ Young ! ” Seohyun said as she ran and hugged YoonA   

" YoonA where is Yuri? What happened? ” I asked, YoonA looked up at me. Her face soaked with tears, she must have been crying for a while now.

“ Unnie … unnie was caught by them. They took her. ” my eyes widen in horror. No my brother that dream. I grabbed her shoulders as tight as I can.

“ You’re lying. Where is she? She is way too strong, she can’t be caught by them. Tell me you’re lying. Please! Please tell me that you’re lying.” I broke down and cried

“ Jessica please calm down. ” Seohyun

“ You were with her. Why didn’t you save her? You told us to go. You told us that you will help her fight. ” Sooyoung who was quiet all this time, got up and grabbed YoonA’s collar.

“ Sooyoung stop it, don’t blame Young. ” Seohyun replied

“ Why can’t I blame her? Why did she say what she can’t do? ”

“ No all of you should blame me. I was the one who hurt Yuri unnie all this time. I was the reason why they put her in jail. If my parents didn’t have me, they would have done everything in their power to save Yuri. This time too, she got caught because she had to save my life. ” YoonA as she was crying hard. She walked up to me. I looked up at her when I feel her hand on my shoulder.

“ Jessica, I’m not your first love. It’s Yuri. She has never stop loving you. She loves you so much that she does everything to save you. ” I looked at her in shock. Yuri… is my first love… all along my first love was right by my side, yet I was busy running after someone else. I was … I was hurting her.

“ Jessica I’m sorry… ” I pushed her away from me

“ I just wish you would have told me sooner. ”

“ I wish the time we spend together was longer than this. I wish that time was fill with me loving her, instead of me ignoring her and running after you. I wish I had told her that I have never stop loving her either. ” I said as I walked right into the house. I the television in other to distract myself from getting even more mad toward YoonA.

… In the order news The ICE nation joyfully welcoming the greatest potion master of all nation Jung Jinyoung and his daughter in law The Sand nation’s sole heir Princess Kim Hyoyeon …

 

“ Hyoyeon? Kim Hyoyeon !!! ” I screamed in shock

“ What’s wrong? ” YoonA ran inside as soon as she heard my scream

“ Hyoyeon, my cousin in law is here. This is bad. Hyoyeon and my uncle really hate the halfer. They are going to hurt Yuri. ”

“ I will go get her back. ” YoonA was about to walk out before I grabbed her hand.

“ No I know someone who can help us. Someone who can talk some sense into Hyoyeon. ”

 

At the ICE nation

Prison

 

Author’s POV

A figure was chained inside a dark room. The only light in the room was shining down from the small bulb that hanging above her. She is still unconscious and unaware of a pair of beautiful eyes staring at her in admiration. She lets out a sigh as the object of her affection doesn’t seem to wake up any time soon. In her defend, she knows that the location and the situation isn’t appropriate for her to fall in love with someone. However, she can’t help it. The moment she saw Yuri got dragged and chained up in the room, for the first time in her life she fell in love. What was she doing there? Well she was an officer who responsible for this one particular handsome criminal. It sounds foolish that of all the guards, they sent her a human to look after the halfer. However, none of them had the nerve to face Yuri except for her. So here she is, admire her while she is still alive.

 

“ Seolhyun ! ” a voice interrupted her day dream

“ Yes, is the ruler here already? ”

“ Haha how foolish, why would the ruler be in this dirty prison cell? ”

“ Well because this criminal is way more important than your head. ”

“ You ” her fellow officer shouted at her in anger. Well in her defend, that person deserves it anyway. Even though she is just a mere human in the place that is full of ICE and power, she isn’t afraid of them.

“ Am I interrupting something? ” another voice interrupted them

“ Your highness, no you didn’t interrupted anything. My fellow officer was just about to leave. ” Seolhyun looked at her and gestured for her to leave.

“ Did she wake up yet? ”

“ Not yet, Sire. Should I wake her up for you? ”

“ No need, we still need our potions to arrive anyway. Let her have some rest when she still can. ” Hyoyeon said and walked away. Seolhyun looked at Yuri one last time before she followed Hyoyeon out.