The Arrival

ICE & FIRE

Author’s POV

 

“Jessica! Please stop! You are hurting yourself.” Seohyun screamed from the shock of witnessing ice forming around Jessica’s open wounds. Jessica allowed herself to lost control over her power which went against Tiffany’s sarcastic advice. If Seohyung didn’t know what had happened to her beforehand, she would have thought that this girl is in the process of suicide. That exactly what Tiffany was talking about, Jessica was using her own power to kill herself.

“What is happening back there? Do you want me to stop the car?” Wendy asked as she geared the car toward the side road ready to park it if required.

“No, just keep going, we don’t have time to waste.” Seohyun replied, placing both of her hands over Jessica’s back, trying to melt the ice with her fire power.

“Is it working?” Wendy tried to calm herself down enough to voice out the question. She needed assurance from Seohyun after seeing the activity of the latter through the rear view mirror. Not that she doubted the ability of her but it seemed to her that Jessica’s power was way stronger.

“I don’t think it is.” Seohyun replied back, honesty may not calm the driver down but it is the best option right now.

“It seems like our conversation from before had triggered her. Maybe you should do say something.” Wendy suggested which earned a questionable look from Seohyun. Jessica was obviously consumed by her power, communication wouldn’t be possibly changing anything. She tried anyway.

“Jessica, please calm down. What I said before was my opinion, you can’t let it affect you. You have to understand that what your family did was their sin, nobody blames you for it. You have to stop blaming yourself, you don’t deserve any of that.” Seohyun was saying more like rapping everything hoping some of her words would get through to Jessica. To her surprise, the ice that was forming around Jessica was melting down wetting the soft fabric of the backseat of the car.

“It works!” Seohyun screamed in excitement. Wendy smiled and started stepping on the gas again.

“Look like we will be there soon.” Wendy said after seeing the familiar scenario in front of her. Semi burning and damaged houses that got burned over and over, the ghost town vibe that represent human running in and out of their town and the fearful eyes of the leftover elder and children who were left behind. Tears were threatening to fall, just like other humans that were driven from their home and family, Wendy miss hers.

 

ICE Prison

 

In the dirty cell, lying on the ground with blood covered clothes and barely breathing. Nicole looked in pity and regret of the cruel things she put upon the girl.

“We can’t leave you in here any longer.” Nicole walked back and forth in front of the motionless figure. She stopped to squat down in front of her in hope that her friend was still alive. She put her right hand on the girl’s shoulder and started shaking her lightly.

“Seulgi…” Seulgi raised her head up slowly, her face showed sign of pain and lack of energy. Her cut lips lose its lively and pinkish color, her eyes were lifeless, and her whole face was as white as paper.

“Seulgi can you hear me?” Nicole whispered softly, afraid that she would break the fragile girl.

“Your condition is getting worse each day. If we keep you in here any longer, you will die. You have to be healed.” Seulgi nodded her head accepting her reason.

“I understand you but we can’t leave this place without being seen and I don’t want to put more trouble upon you.” Seulgi said as she reached into her tear up jean pocket and took out an old letter.
“Keep this with you. If you feel like this world is no longer worth living, open the letter and read it. Please promise me this.”

“What is it about?” Nicole took the wrapped paper from Seulgi and put it in her pocket and took Seulgi’s injured hands in hers to support her frail body.

“You will know when the time comes.”

“When that time comes and I will no longer be with all of you, that letter will be able to do the thing that I couldn’t.”

“Please don’t say that. I’ll get you out of here.” Nicole cried as the latter in front of her fainted for the third times that day. Unknown to her, a pair of blue eyes was peeking through the cell door.

“So this is where she’s been keeping her alive for so long. Nicole Jung, you betrayed me.”

 

At the hideout

 

In the kitchen several open boxes were seen with their content got taken out one after another, cut and thrown into the boiling water which created different colors into its smoke. Stood around it were Amber, Sooyoung, Sunny who looked in awe at the brew vector that was put up by none other than the potion master, Kim Hyoyeon. Hyoyeon smiled as she let them each took turn do the swirling in order to mix all the ingredients together, at least in the mid of this chaos they got to laugh and enjoy themselves.

“This is fun.” Sooyoung said as it was her turn to do the swirling. Amber ran to her side and kept asking for her turn.

“Geez these kids.” Sunny snickered but still didn’t walk away afraid she would lost her turn.

“Guys don’t swirl too hard, we still have to wait for the Crystal.” Hyoyeon said not taking her eyes off of the receipt. Her feet tapped nervously as the sunset was near. Even though she got to smile for a brief moment, the fact that Yonghwa had turned meant that the ICE can attack anytime they want. They are in danger by this unknown force that is way stronger than they can imagine.

“Guys!!!” A familiar voice from outside got everyone’s attention. They rushed out excited to see the Crystal but were shocked to see Jessica’s deformed back.

“Don’t ask, we need to get Jessica inside first.” Seohyun said before anyone could voice out a word. Hyoyeon nodded agree, picked Jessica up bridal style and walked inside followed by Seohyun. Wendy who was still inside the car, turned off the engine and awkwardly introduce herself to the strangers in front of her.

“Hi I’m Wendy. Please also don’t ask, it’s a very long story.” She said and made her way inside as well.

“Why do they keep saying that? We didn’t even know what to ask.” Sunny said as the three of them follow Wendy’s lead.

 

“Hyoyeon, this is the Crystal. Please keep a close eyes on Jessica. I have to go check on YoonA and Taeyeon.” Seohyun said as soon as Hyoyeon put Jessica on the bed.

“What? You left YoonA and Taeyeon alone without supervision? Were you out of your mind?” Sunny said in shock, how could someone as smart as Seohyun do such thing?

“I was in a hurry to save Jessica but now that I think hard about it, I really have to go fast. You guys take care of Jessica and Wendy.” Seohyun said and rushed out so fast that they couldn’t comprehend that she left.

“O…kay let’s put the Crystal in the vector, guys start swirling.”

 

Seohyun’s POV

 

Sunny was right. I shouldn’t have put YoonA and Taeyeon in one place and let them be without supervision. I looked at the horror in front of me. All the guards were outside, the palace were on Fire which surprisingly was not that big of a deal for our palace. Everyone showed signs of relief upon seeing my face. Even though no one knew about my relationship with the princess, they do know that I was close with YoonA and I could put some sense in her.

“Both of you, stop this nonsense immediately.” I screamed as the mess that caused by both of them stared at me. The whole throne room was on fire. Both of their bodies were covered in blood but none of them paid me any attention. I’m so sick of chaos today and there is no way I will tolerate their stupidity. I walked up to Taeyeon who was straddling YoonA and threw her into the nearby wall. They want hard medicine, they will get it. I smiled as I heard Taeyeon’s groan in the background, I pushed a little too hard I guess.

“Get off of me.” YoonA screamed as I replaced Taeyeon in straddling her.

“Kwon YoonA, calm down and stop this nonsense.” Her eyes were burning red, there was no way my words will get into her head.

“As your ruler, I …”

“I don’t care who the you are. I’m your girlfriend and you are going to listen to me.” I heard gasped in the background, now everyone knows. I don’t care if I will die from being in a relationship with someone who is way out of my league, right now I will do everything to save this world. Just like I thought, YoonA’s eyes soften. The color subsided. I tracked my finger on her bruise lips.

“I hate to see you get hurt like this.” I said as tears started fallen down. My grasp on her soften. YoonA got up and hugged me.

“I’m sorry” She sounded like she was crying too.

“I’m sorry too, I shouldn’t have left you like that. Please stop this. Let’s go to your room, I will heal you.” Like an obedience child, she nodded her head. I put her left arm over my shoulder. When YoonA not looking, I gestured the guard to take Taeyeon to the infirmary. I’m not ready to face her, simply because I don’t how to bring the news about Tiffany to her. One thing that I’m really afraid of is us losing Taeyeon when she knows about Tiffany.