Part V

All The Weird Things

Moonbyul massaged her temple. She's so done with all the things that has been happening in her life lately-- and its not even school, family or money related problems. The things that had been giving her headaches and stress goes by the name Krystal and Solar. Since Wheein's step sister came into her life, everything had changed; she changed, Solar changed, even Wheein and Hwasa changed, and the only thing that didnt change is the fact that she's still a bit of in denial of Solar's feelings for her and she doesnt know what to do with Krystal. Yes, she likes her but she doesnt know what to do with what she feels for Wheein's step sister and having Solar added up in the equation doesnt really help much either.

Since the accidental kiss happened, Solar laid low from hanging out with them and the only time Moonbyul gets to be with Solar in the same room was their English Class and unfortunately, Solar doesnt sit beside her like she used to. The older girl obviously is trying to avoid talking to her which she still doesnt understand why. Yes, Hwasa and Wheein already hinted it out but she still cant believe it. She still cant believe how Solar fell for her. It just doesnt make any sense to her, at all.

"Wow, you really are stupid, arent you?" Moonbyul grimaced before grabbing the beer bottle from Wheein. "Ohh geez, thanks for pointing that out. Such a good friend you are." She sarcastically replied.

"What? How do you exactly call someone who doesnt believe something that's in front of their eyes already?" She already lost count how many times her friends had told her that -- how solar is in love with her. But despite all that, she cant still make herself believe that its true. Its like something close to waking up from a dream only to find out youre still dreaming, its beyond the imagination.

"What could she possibly like on me? Im..." Wheein cut her sentence, "Stupid, weird, have I mentioned stupid already?" Moonbyul shoved her friend's shoulder. "Funny, very funny." She faked a laugh.

"But really though, how can you not know? How can you not notice? How can you be so blind?" Moonbyul opened and closed it afterwards. She has nothing to say back. She doesnt know what and how to answer Wheein's questions. She and Solar had been friends for years, she knows her inside and out, but she hadnt been aware of Solar's feelings or affection towards her. Had she been really blind all along? Probably, because as Hwasa puts it, Moonbyul failed to see whats already in front of her.

"She didnt tell us, we just kind of found out. But come on, it doesnt take a genius to figure that out. Solar's pretty much what she is, what you see is what you  get. She's that transparent." She knows that and she cant help but feel like she failed being Solar's bestfriend, considering how she didnt know and how she didnt see through Solar's actions, if not for Krystal, she probably wouldnt know still.

"Im not even that likeable." She laughed at herself. Its probably the alcohol talking, because the sober Moonbyul wont show any anxiety.

"Have you looked at yourself lately?" The sudden question confused Moonbyul and that she already reached her limit. She's blaming Solar for this, she shouldnt be drinking since exams are just around the corner but her frustrations with Solar avoiding her had pushed her to it. Wheein who probably drank more than her was the only available friend with an excuse that she needed to leave her house or her perfect two step sister will drive her nuts.

"I mean, have you had a good look at yourself? Yes, you act and say strange things from time to time, but youre the most genuine person I know. Youre caring in your own way and youre sweet too, you even act like a boyfriend sometimes. I guess thats your charm too." Her head whipped to her friend who was dangerously close to her, with their faces few inches away from each other. The lighting in her room, although it was dim, showed how red Wheein's face is due to the effect of the alcohol, her eyes was already drooping and she struggled to keep them open to look at her. "Anyone can fall for you."

"Even you?" Moonbyul joked to ease the tension building between them but it backfired when Wheein traversed the gap between them and a kiss landed on her lips. "Yes, even me." Wheein smiled widely before she collapsed on her lap.

She was at lost for a good few minutes before she unconsciously massaged her temple. "Things are becoming weirder, what the hell?!"