Part IV

All The Weird Things

"Has any of you seen Solar?" Hwasa and Wheein raised their heads to see a panting Moonbyul in the library, which is a surprise because the words Moonbyul and library does not go along together in a sentence.

"Am I talking to a wall? Im asking you guys if youve seen Solar around."

"Why?" Hwasa asked.
"Well.." Moonbyul paused and dragged her finger along her long blonde hair before settling herself next to Wheein who resumed researching for her assignment tomorrow. "I kind of made her mad again."
"What? Again? Didnt you just fight last week? So now, fighting is your weekly thing now?" Hwasa shook her head, obviously disapproving how Moonbyul's pushing Solar's patience over the edge these past few days. "What did you do this time?"
"You mean, what she and Krystal did this time..." Wheein butted in.
Moonbyul shrugged as Hwasa stared at her. 
"Well... There's nothing to really explain about what happened, it was an accident." Moonbyul tried to avoid Hwasa's interrogating eyes.
"You ending up beneath her with her lips on you cant really be called an accident." Wheein stated matter-of-factly. 
"Excuse me? Im suddenly deaf." Hwasa said in disbelief and utter surprise.
Moonbyul covered her face with her palms. "But it is really an accident." She then hits the table with her palm. "And I dont get why Solar being so insanely mad about it. Its not like I deliberately made myself slipped in front of Krystal and held onto her for support and dragged her on the floor to kiss her, you know? And besides it wasnt even that long."
The librarian then went up to their table to warn them about their rather loud voices that starting to disturb the solemn ambiance of the library.
They all said sorry and not wanting to be kicked out of the library, all three of them resulted to whispering at each other.
"Didnt you?" Moonbyul stared at Hwasa's question with an open mouth. "I mean, we all both know you have a thing for Wheein's evil step sister. Who knows how desperate you are for a kiss." 
It was the other day when Solar and Moonbyul, sans Hwasa, decided to hang out at Wheein's house since the latter was not in any mood to go out. It was a weekend and still has no friends to hang out with unlike her sister who immediately found on the first day of school, Krystal stayed home and Moonbyul saw her at the kitchen. And since she was tasked to make a sandwich for her two friends, she asked Krystal if she wanted one, she was feeling rather kind and she wanted to talk to the girl a little longer.
As soon as she was done, she was about to go and take the sandwiches to her friends when she slipped in a puddle of water not far away from where Krystal was standing. Hence the kissing accident and unfortunately, Solar who was going to offer Moonbyul a hand, saw everything.
"Thats beside the point." 
"What is the point exactly?" Wheein asked, eyes still on the paper in front of her.
"Solar's mad and I dont even understand why." Moonbyul confessed.
"How stupid can you be?" Hwasa sighed, exhausted of how one of her friend is denying her feelings for her other friend who seemed to be blind and not know what's going on around her.
"Excuse me?" Moonbyul asked in confusion, what does her stupidity have anything to do with Solar being mad?
"Cant you really tell? Me and Wheein knew for years, how can you not?" Hwasa replied with an eye roll, feeling a little bit annoyed at how low Moonbyul's comprehension is.
"How can I not know what?"
"Okay, I give up." Hwasa said as she raised her hand in the air. "Wheein, a little help here please?"
"Solar's pretty much really in love with you." Wheein said without emotion as she's still busy with her paper.
"What? No. That cant be. I mean, Im always teasing her, yes, but its just a joke. I.. She cant possibly.. I mean.. How did that happen?" With all those years theyve been friends, it has become her hobby to tease Solar, but now that their other friends are telling her that the person she's teasing of being jealous, of being in love with her, of liking her too much, is actually really in love with her. It just doesnt make sense.
"Better ask her yourself that, dont you think?" Wheein looked at her straight in her eyes. "We're just telling you what we've noticed since we've all became friends."
Hwasa and Wheein came to her life two years after Solar did and they all clicked in a weird but comfortable way that no one expected. Theyre all different but all the same in some twisted ways. They cant pin point out exactly but they make each other a little less weird when theyre together, all in all, they looked sane and normal whenever theyre around each other.
And hearing things from Hwasa and Wheein, like how Solar is in love with her, it just doesnt sound right.
"Go on, ask her. Confirm if what we've told you is true." Hwasa said as she picked up her own research paper.
"What? No way. I cant make our friendship awkward. I mean, she's Solar."
"And youre Moonbyul." Wheein butted in. "Whats wrong with that?"
"Its just weird okay?"
"I think we've all come to terms that our friendship is based on weirdness? What makes it different?" Hwasa tried to make a point.
"Because it involves real feelings, okay? Solar cant be in love with me."
Both Hwasa and Wheein said at the same time. "But she does, so deal with it." 
But Moonbyul doesnt know how.