titles explanations (spoilers)

Allegro: Young Blood and Electric Blue Skies

So, I want to break down some things about this story. It is related more to chapter titles and the title of this story itself.

First of all, the title of this story is Allegro: Young Blood and Electric Blue Skies. This title contains three important points that are:

a. Allegro: Allegro, in this case refers to the fast pace tempo in music, but in this case, it refers to the fast tempo of three most emotional stages of Wonwoo's life (will be elaborated more in the chapter titles). It can also be referred to Seulgi's favourite ballet movement. 

b. Young Blood: This part refers to the section of Wonwoo's life where his life changed and followed through the course of his college years where he went through a series of ups and downs in his life.

c.Electric Blue Skies: Oh god, this part is the key of it all, the turning point of his view of the word and feelings of love and how Seulgi made him change for the better. Most of you also said that this is one of your favourite moments (mine too, I squealed so hard while writing this). 

And to make it clear, the reason those two are in subtitle of the first title (Allegro: Young Blood and Electric Blue Skies) is because those two are a part of Allegro itself. 

Now, for chapter titles:

1. andante: of bruised youth and letting gos

Andante is a slow tempo movement as this chapter also rolls very slowly and taking its time, which is quite intentional somehow. Bruised youth relates to this broken friendship between this trio, and how beautiful this youth Wonwoo had with them before Mingyu and Soojung happened were scarred because of their relationship, how inconsistent Mingyu was, how wavering Soojung was between coming back to him and letting him go, and how Wonwoo tried to assure Soojung that Mingyu loved her. How he would always come back to her, no matter what happened. I also gave you a glimpse of his parents condition and how this would affect him through the whole story.

2. moderato: careful and fast steps in autumn

Moderato signifies a faster tempo than Andante, which is the beginning where the story starts to grow and everything begins to flow. Despite the "careful and fast steps in autumn", the 'careful' part is meant to be contradictory, because where is the safety in travelling to clubs and hooking up with girls? The only careful thing Wonwoo did in all those times were the fact he kept his feelings, those emotions of love, separate from his body. He kept his longing for regaining those moments he had with Mingyu and Soojung (though it was less wild and reckless) and the sadness, the pain of unable to forgive. Somehow, along the way, he found himself getting hurt by these girls as some (like Irene) asked for another night like those. It was all because of his gentle ways and how he was being considerate (There are a lot of stuffs relating his careful yet reckless ways and I leave it to you all for reading it above and beneath the lines).

3. moderato cantabile: feline eyes and a spark of light

 Still in the same tempo of the previous chapter, but now adding the musical expression of Cantabile meaning "in a smooth, lyrical, flowing style". In this chapter, it can be seen that things began to get better for Wonwoo, his mother was said to be recovering and how he finally and truly met Seulgi, face to face (not just bumping coincidentally like in the previous chapter). Everything flowed quite smoothly for him even though he still had his doubts to the middle of the story, until Wonwoo let Seulgi knew of one of his bad habits (which was quite reckless, but he did it in the intention to test her in some ways) and she ended up making him stop. And when he opened up a little bit about his mother, she welcomed him and didn't back out and that is when he truly knew that Seulgi is the one for him. Feline eyes obviously refers to her eyes and a spark of light points to that sign of goodness rising inside his soul. Wonwoo has always owned goodness inside of his heart, just that most of it are shrouded in his sadness.

4. allegro brilliante: electric blue skies and passionate skin

Now, it gets more exciting as Allegro is a faster tempo than the previous two and Brilliante means 'music with spirit; lively' and it relates to both meaning. With spirit, as in Wonwoo is a very human character and currently at this chapter, was very and deeply in love with Seulgi. He bursted out in anger when Taemin condemned him for liking Seulgi when she's said to be "not all that". The reason was more because how he insulted Seulgi and it shocked a lot of people (especially Junghan and Hoshi since he was never known for using violence to solve a problem). 

And then electric blue skies is the moment after his confession, which was the time Seulgi said that she loved him also for the second time, showing that yes, she really loved him and wanted him to not miss her answer. Passionate skin points to how much longing he feels for Seulgi and everything of her still, even when they are already together.

5. allegro con fuoco: vapour trails and hopeless lies

Still in the same tempo, but con fuoco refers to 'play music in a fiery manner'. I also use this as the title because while writing this, I was listening Gustavo Dudamel's conducting for Dvorak's Symphony No 9, 4th Movement, Allegro Con Fuoco in endless repeat until this chapter was finished. It was the most intense writing experience I have ever went through. Just like the piece, this chapter gives you scenes where problems began to arise in Wonwoo's life in such a short period of time. From his stolen art project, to his revealed one night stands and to the death of his mother. 

(Not all of you are Wonwoo stans but just so you know, recently, Wonwoo has been going through a lot in his life (from rumours of dating, his past anti-snsd posts (which he has written an apology letter by himself, therefore I let that go), him falling sick because of acute gastritis. I might be overanalyzing things or just being overly sensitive, but when I saw those news, it reminds me of this story. I just want to share that because this has been bugging me for a long time.)

Vapour trails refer to how he felt so unhinged from his body and he felt like fading away. Hopeless lies refer to Taemin, because by the end of the day, as Wonwoo was brave to face Seulgi and gave her the truth, their relationship became even more stronger and all Taemin did was only to give them a reason to not separate sooner or 

 6. allegro lacrimoso: ephemeral, beautiful things

Still in the same tempo, but now with the expression of Lacrimoso meaning 'sad and mournful.' This chapter is the solution of his third problem and that is the death of his mother. No longer need to suffer, his mother went off from this world and this chapter followed through how he dealt with his feelings from the progression of meeting his dying mother through her death and her funeral, until he eventually broke down before his father.

In this chapter, I inserted some real life event, like Wonwoo's uncle who died when he was 17 was actually based on the accident of my Uncle from my father's side. His only brother died from a motorcycle accident when he was only 17. I didn't get to know him of course but sometimes when my brother insists in wanting to drive a motorcycle, my father would get angry and tell him if he wants to end up like his brother. I think he's pretty traumatised by that. This chapter really brought me to tears while writing it because it reminds me a lot of people around me who have passed away, be it close or not. I just recently received the news that my elementary school P.E teacher just passed away, and it shocked me.

I never imagine my teachers to pass away, to be honest. Not that fast. I still can't believe it's been so long since my elementary school years.

'Ephemeral, beautiful things' is supposed to be in one whole sentence without being separated because here, it shows how life is a composition of everything that will stay and left as ephemeral means temporary. Despite being ephemeral, everything has its own beauty and deserves to be appreciated while it lasts.

7. moderato leggiadro: epilogue

It falls slower now, but still faster than Andante, with the expression of Leggiadro which means 'lightly and gracefully". The pace is calmer and the mood is also toned down and more tranquil than the previous, falling into a closure with Wonwoo concluding that everything happened for a reason and he had learned a lot of things from everything he had gone through.

That is all, I guess. If you have any more questions, please leave it in the comment box and it will be nice also to see your thoughts about the true meaning about the chapter titles. And I have to apologise to halt most or some of the readers who were reading with the sudden invite-only restrictions.

It seemed like lots of you unsubscribed with the thought that I am keeping this story to myself forever, which is untrue (why would I advertise this story in the first place if I wound up privating it?) Anyway, patience is the biggest virtue and thank you for those who stay patient and I hope you have a nice ride through this story (Don't forget to upvote and leave feedbacks if you love this story :D)