5: cupcakes

jinchan! ♡
Please log in to read the full chapter

5

“you made these cupcakes for me?”

 

 

Gongchan hasn't really been in a good mood lately, or so Jinyoung thinks. Since the semester is coming to an end, exams are obviously just around the corner, and Gongchan is sandwhiched between studying, handing final projects, and also trying his best to maintain his part-time job in order to pay of the bills despite Jinyoung telling him not to worry about it, since he had enough to pay for a month or two.

Although his attitude hasn't really changed (he's still quiet sassy), his overall appearance seems to be slowly deteriorating. His daily outfits have gone from cute pastel and bright colors to a greyscale pit of darkness in just the past week. Of course Jinyoung notices the change since seeing the younger dressed in those oversized sweaters in the morning always make his day, but now all he sees a walking shadow with permanent (not really) plugged in ear phones (he never thought Gongchan would be the metal type).

This has probably been going on for a bit more than three weeks, which is what worries him most (ast time it was only two). And now Gongchan has even gone to the point of refusing to eat because he doesn't want to spend much on food. The only meals he gets is the poorly cooked instant ramen Jinyoung makes him on a rush every afternoon before going to work, and a couple of snacks here and there. That's why when exams finally come, Jinyoung is determined to get his roommate back.

"Hey, Jinyoung, I'm leaving now," Gongchan yells tiredly from the front door before leaving, not waiting for Jinyoung to give him a reply.

Just as the door shuts closed, Jinyoung pops up from behind the couch where he was previously pretending to watch TV, and rushes over towards the door, slips his shoes and coat on, then rushes out. He's on a mission today.

 

Grocery shopping has really never been Jinyoung's forte, so as he wanders through the store, looking at all the baking items, he constantly wonders "do I need this?" Of course, after a couple of minutes he gives up trying to remember all the ingredients on his own, so he whips out his phone and pops out the list he had prepared before.

Please log in to read the full chapter