blankets and snacks

Q&A

Chapter 7: blankets and snacks


It must be true love


It’s a Friday night and Jimin finds himself standing in front of a door, frantically rubbing his hands behind his back. Cold sweat forms on his forehead, steadily trickling down the side of his face. He raises a hand to knock at the door but lets it drop to his side.

“You’re such a coward Park Jimin,” he whispers to himself as he stares at the name plate in front of him. Finally, he shuts his eyes and his fist lands softly against the door, creating a soft thud which echoes in the silent hallway.

It swings open and reveals a bespectacled Yoongi leaning lazily against the doorframe, his thigh jutting out and catching Jimin’s attention. His vision lands below the older man’s hips and his cheeks suddenly flush.

Yoongi is wearing nothing but an oversized t-shirt with the words 'Hot Stuff' splashed across his chest in bright red. Jimin just mumbles a soft “Oh” before the door slams in his face, causing him to almost let out a surprised squeak. He hears some scuffling inside the apartment and waits outside patiently, trying to get rid of the image in his head.

The door reopens and Jimin heaves a sigh of relief when he sees the pair of sweatpants Yoongi has put on. “I’m so sorry for that. I did not expect you to arrive this quickly,” Yoongi pants and runs a hand across his already messy hair.

Jimin shakes his head and offers a small smile, “I’ll pretend that never happened.” Yoongi chuckles and ushers him in, immediately apologizing for the mess. Jimin spots the stacks of paper and the open laptop on the table and he suddenly feels guilty. “Hyung, were you busy?” he asks softly.

“I-absolutely not! This is how it looks like normally, trust me. So you were saying you had some dying questions?” Yoongi exclaims, his pink lips tugged up in an adorable smile as his hand runs through his grey locks. Jimin wants to melt into the wooden floor.

“Actually, I was wondering-” Jimin digs into his bag and takes out a disc, together with some snacks, “-do you want to watch a movie together?”

Yoongi chokes and starts coughing once he hears that and this sends Jimin into panic. He immediately rushes to the professor’s side and runs his hand up and down his back, causing Yoongi to choke further. “Jimin, you came here to watch a movie?” he chortles after getting a grip on himself, eyeing the younger boy incredulously. Jimin feels smaller under his gaze and all his pent up confidence slowly ebbs away.

“Yeah, if you don’t mind hyung,” he answers, looking down at his own feet, feeling himself turning very red. “It’s a Friday night after all,” he continues, as if this will justify his actions.

His sun-kissed hand is being tugged by a paler one and he feels himself being dragged to the couch and being pushed to sit on it. When he looks up, he sees Yoongi grinning at him. “Hold on brat,” he says and hurries in front of his laptop, closing all the windows. “The film,” he says and gestures to the circular disc clutched tightly in Jimin’s hand.

“Aren’t we watching it on the TV?” Jimin tilts his head in confusion.

“Well if you had noticed, I don’t have a TV in my house,” Yoongi laughs and shrugs his shoulders, “I don’t like distractions.” Jimin finally notices the lack of a television in the small apartment. He beams and passes the disc to Yoongi, silently chiding himself for being so oblivious.

Yoongi then rushes to turn off the lights and disappears into his room before reappearing with a pile of blankets in his hand, struggling to carry all of them. Jimin sniggers at the sight and goes to help him before he trips over himself. They finally settle down onto the soft couch, snuggled into blankets and ripping apart packets of snacks. The light from the laptop illuminates the room and from the corner of his eyes Jimin can see Yoongi cracking a small smile.

The movie starts and all Jimin can think about is how their knees brush against each other as Yoongi keeps fidgeting to get a perfect position.

“Hyung,” Jimin starts feeling bored twenty minutes into the movie.

“Hmm?”

“Have you ever had any boyfriends?” he mutters, not even trying to hide his burning curiosity.

“That’s very personal, Jimin,” Yoongi deadpans and this makes Jimin freeze in his seat.

Have I made him angry again?

“Sorry,” he offers an apology and turns his attention back to the movie, “you don’t have to answer if you don’t want to.” He bites his lips, waiting for Yoongi to say something, anything.

The older man reaches over and ruffles his hair lightly, snorting. “Stop apologizing,” he says and pauses for a few seconds, silence filling the air between them. “I’ve never gotten into a relationship before, but I’ve had a few crushes,” he confesses. This surprises Jimin and he lets out a short gasp. Somehow, the thought of Yoongi never dating anyone sends his heart soaring like it’s above the clouds.

“I did not expect that.”

“Why? Do I look like a Casanova to you?” Yoongi jokes and flicks Jimin on the forehead, earning muffled laughter from the latter, “Do you think this face brings all the boys to the yard?” He gestures to his own face and makes a series of silly expressions, sending Jimin choking on laughter.

“Yeah, so y,” Jimin sings as he throws a pillow at Yoongi.

“What about you? Ever dated anyone?” Yoongi nudges Jimin’s side and sends him a small wink. Jimin’s heart flutters for a moment.

“Ye-yeah, I did,” he admits and feels heat quickly rising to his cheeks when he is reminded of his ex-boyfriend. The memories are fuzzy but Jimin still remembers staying up late at night in high school just to hear his voice over the phone, the both of them trying to make each other laugh louder. Sometimes Jimin’s mother would barge into his room just to tell him to quieten down and he would hear the other person chuckle on the other end.

“Who is he?” Yoongi’s tone suddenly changes, scaring Jimin a little.

“Just somebody I used to know. That was the period of time I was still struggling with my uality and he helped me realise who I really am, so it’s kind of regretful that we lost contact after graduating.”

“I can’t believe you have more experience than me,” Yoongi huffs and folds his arms across his chest but the growing smile spread across his face betrays his true feelings.

When Jimin reaches his fingers into the bag of chips, he feels them against something warm and immediately jolts them back. He looks up to see Yoongi withdrawing his fingers as well and they stare at each other, the latter flashing him a sheepish smile. With the light from the laptop illuminating his features, Jimin sees the smallest hint of colour forming on his cheeks.

So Min Yoongi blushes too.

 

It’s during halfway through the movie when Jimin feels a weight on his shoulder. He looks to his side and sees soft grey hair resting on it. He snickers and continues watching the movie alone while stuffing chips into his mouth.

This is okay.

Ten minutes later, Jimin decides that it is not okay because he keeps getting distracted by the sleeping figure beside him. His head is tilted to display his sleeping face – soft eyelashes falling across his tightly shut eyes, nose scrunching up as he breathes in and out, soft snores escaping from his slightly agape lips which look so attractive under the dim light. Jimin wonders what it would feel like if he just leans across, if his lips could just accidentally – he shakes his head to clear his head of such thoughts.

He ends up missing the whole ending of the movie because he is too busy staring at someone else.

 

The ending credits roll in and Jimin snaps from his trance, jumping when the music starts playing. He accidentally bumps into Yoongi, interrupting his sleep. His eyes flutter open. He stretches his sore limbs and covers his mouth as he lets out a soft yawn.

“Sorry for falling asleep,” he drawls, voice still heavy with sleep.

Jimin shakes his head. “It’s okay, you looked really tired,” he answers with a smile as he ejects the dic from the laptop and starts to clear the leftover snacks. Yoongi joins him and picks up the thick blankets, shuffling towards his room, his slippers creating a ruckus. Jimin suppresses a giggle as he stares at them - they're Kumamon slippers.

Suddenly, Dear No One by Tori Kelly starts echoing around the house. Jimin drops the snack packets into the bin and sprints to get his phone from the couch. Yoongi watches his face fall as soon as he answers the call and he cannot help but frown at the sight. He throws the blankets onto his bed and stands by his bedroom door to observe the younger boy.

Jimin starts muttering words of comfort to the person on the line, his brows drooping and his eyes filled with worry. After a minute or so, he finally heaves a sigh of relief. As soon as he hangs up, Yoongi moves forward and goes to his side, placing a hand on his shoulder. “Is everything alright?” he asks, voice laced with concern.

“I have to go,” Jimin replies, already grabbing his bag and heading towards the door, “thanks for today hyung!” He waves for one last time before ducking out of the door and disappearing.

“Yeah, sure,” Yoongi whispers to himself as he stands in the middle of his living room trying to process everything that had happened. The image of Jimin fretting over the phone is still fresh in his mind and he feels a pang of worry hit him as well.   

 

a/n: this took really long i'm so so sorry... i know this chapter is kind of short and the next one will definitely be longer.

i know i said i would update soon and i have no excuses but i was busy writing something for a fic fest pls forgive me (。•́︿•̀。)

i hope you liked this chapter! yoonmin finally getting some action hehehehe ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) and who do you think called jimin? feel free to comment, i love comments so much.

look forward to the next chapter!! since my holidays have started i'll post it asap, i promise