see the light

Q&A

yes the chapter title is a got7 song

buy fly on itunes

 

Chapter 3: see the light


You're an but I love you
And you make me so mad I ask myself
Why I'm still here, or where could I go
You're the only love I've ever known


Life has been good to Jimin so far. Really good. So good that Jimin thinks this might all be a dream.

He got a distinction for his English assignment, he just dyed his hair his favourite shade of brown, Jungkook got a roommate (which is a good thing because Jungkook will be able to make new friends) and Min Yoongi probably does not hate him.

Jimin is not one to count his blessings, but he might actually start doing so.

He just left Jungkook’s room, a big smile plastered onto his face. He has never seen Jungkook this happy in ages and if his best friend is happy, he is happy too.

Jimin understands why Jungkook is so happy. Taehyung is a boy who will turn the biggest frowns upside down. He speaks with an adorable Daegu accent, he has a voice deeper than the ocean, a smile that can light up a million bulbs and a laugh which is more contagious than the flu.

When Jimin first saw Taehyung, he was showing a picture of his dog back at home to Jungkook.

 

“This is Soonshim, I miss him a lot,” Taehyung says and pouts a little. He traces his fingers over his phone screen gently as if he is actually touching his pet.

The corners of Jungkook’s lips raise a little and Jimin chuckles.

Even the biggest of ice blocks eventually melt under strong sunlight.

 

It’s a Thursday night and Jimin is heading towards the library. He has so many questions to ask Yoongi and so many things to tell him. The thought of Yoongi and his bad jokes causes Jimin to chuckle to himself. He pushes his glasses up and the door opens. Immediately, a blast of cold air hits him, causing him to quiver a little.

He scans the library but does not spot the familiar grey hair. He fishes out his phone and sends a quick text.

 

You: where are you mr. min?

 

Jimin stands around like an idiot, waiting for a reply. His phone rings after a few seconds, causing the librarian to glare at him. He mouths a silent apology and mutes his device.

 

min yoongi: I’m in the room at the second level.

 

Jimin hurries up to the second floor and true enough, there’s a small figure at the corner of the room biting his pink lips with his eyes fixated on the laptop screen. Jimin sighs in relief and rushes over, knocking on the door before entering.

Yoongi looks up and smiles warmly at his student. “You’re here,” he says in a hushed voice.

Jimin nods and settles down, taking out his books and notes from his bag. Yoongi makes a teasing remark about how messy his bag is and tells him to be neater, but Jimin just laughs and shrugs his shoulders.

Before long, they are discussing about various things with Jimin occasionally throwing in a few jokes. The deep laughter that follows every joke sends shivers down Jimin’s spine and he cannot decide if that is a good or bad thing but he definitely enjoys seeing Yoongi’s eyes twinkle whenever he smiles. The small room is filled with two voices constantly debating with one another over the subject and the occasional laughter, sometimes too loud that the librarian has to come and shush them.

Eventually, Yoongi gets so frustrated that he walks over to the door and locks it. A triumphant grin spreads over his face and Jimin shoots him a thumbs up.

“Librarians can be really annoying,” Yoongi complains and shakes his head. Jimin nods in agreement.

They continue with their work and suddenly, Jimin asks, “Mr. Min, how old are you?”

“Why do you want to know?”

Jimin answers, “I don’t know, I’m just… curious?”

“I just turned 26. And stop calling me Mr. Min, call me hyung instead, bra-”

Yoongi’s sentence gets cut when the place turns pitch black. Silence ensues; not even the whirring of the air conditioner or the sound of footsteps outside, just dead silence. Yoongi can hear his own heart beating against his ribcage.

Suddenly, there is a soft whimpering which slowly escalates into louder sobs. Yoongi realizes it is coming from Jimin’s direction. When he turns on the flashlight of his phone, he sees a heart wrenching sight.

Jimin is hugging his knees and quivering very badly, almost shaking. Yoongi can see tears trickling non-stop down the side of the younger boy’s face. He is mumbling something but Yoongi cannot hear it clear enough to understand whatever he is saying.

“Jimin?” Yoongi calls out gently and reaches out to touch him but the latter immediately jumps and draws back from the touch, as if he is being scalded by a hot iron. Yoongi raises his brows in confusion and pushes his chair closer to Jimin.

“Hey Jimin, are you scared of the dark?” he asks softly and carefully.

Under the faint light, Yoongi can barely see Jimin nodding his head and sobbing louder.

“It’s okay Jimin, I’m here. I’m here and there’s nothing to be afraid of, I promise,” Yoongi comforts Jimin and his back, his touches light as a feather. Jimin shakes his head stubbornly and cries harder, his whole body shaking.

Yoongi stares at the trembling boy and is at a loss of what to do. He continues running his hand down Jimin’s back, hoping that this will comfort him a little.

Suddenly, Jimin jumps up and into Yoongi’s arms, causing the latter to yelp loudly. He places his hands awkwardly around Jimin’s frame and pats his back a few times. Jimin plants his face into Yoongi’s shoulder and weeps into it.

"Don't be afraid, I’m here,” Yoongi says repeatedly, as if he is a broken recorder but he just wants Jimin to stop feeling scared. He feels so helpless and he bites his own lips, his forehead creasing when Jimin will not stop bawling his eyes out.

“I’m sc-scared, it’s so d-dark,” Jimin stutters over his own words and squeezes Yoongi tighter, causing Yoongi’s breathing to become slightly constricted. However, Yoongi does not mind, not one bit. He will do anything for the younger boy to feel better.

“I'm here,” Yoongi just repeats his words and waits it out, “The lights will come on soon, I promise.”

As if his sentence is a wish, the lights turn back on after Yoongi finishes his sentence.

“Hey Jimin, the lights are back,” Yoongi gently prods Jimin.

Jimin looks up with teary eyes and blinks a few times before looking around his surroundings. Tears stop flowing from his red and swollen eyes and his breathing steadies. Then, it dawns upon him that he is wrapped in Yoongi’s arms and he releases himself from the tight grip, his cheeks burning uncontrollably.

“S-sorry if I made you uncomfortable, I just get really scared of the dark,” Jimin apologises while fidgeting and fiddling with his fingers, his voice so soft that it sounds like a whisper. Yoongi shakes his head and takes Jimin’s arm, giving it a light squeeze.

“It’s okay, everyone is afraid of something,” Yoongi replies and sends him an assuring smile.

Jimin nods and lets out a loud huff. “Thank you for understanding, h-hyung,” he stutters and his voice raises at the last word. He looks at Yoongi for confirmation and the latter merely nods.

“Yeah, that sounds better than Mr. Min.”

Jimin looks up at the clock. It reads 11:19pm and he starts panicking again. He is supposed to go back to the dormitory at 11 to help Jungkook with his project.

“I have to go!” he squeaks and immediately starts packing up and dumping all his notes into his bag without even looking twice at what he is throwing into his bag. He dashes towards the exit, trying to send Jungkook apologies telepathically.

However, before he heads out of the room, he suddenly thinks about a question and turns around and asks, “Hyung, what are you afraid of?”

Yoongi hesitates for one, two seconds before answering, “Exercising.”

Jimin laughs heartily and waves goodbye before sprinting towards the exit. Yoongi watches as he knocks down a stack of books and earns a scolding from the librarian before he finally disappears from his sight. He leans back and closes his eyes, hearing Jimin’s bright laughter in his head.

“Actually, I’m afraid of falling for you, brat,” he mumbles under his breath.

 

a/n: i finally updated /pats self on the back/

interesting, yoongi seems to like jimin now and yes vkook is a thing in this story, but not so fast my friends ;))))

what will happen next?

stay tuned to find out.