Lost In Confusion

NOTHING LIKE US
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A week had passed since Jungkook moved in with Taehyung.

“Tae?” Jungkook called, peering at the door of Taehyung’s office. The latter had holed himself up inside for the past few days, and Jungkook still doesn’t know what the man does.

Taehyung shifted his gaze on to Jungkook adjusting his glasses.

“Kookie? What brings you here? You need anything babe?” Taehyung inquired gesturing for Jungkook to come closer.

“I was just bored, and you have been spending more time here in your office than with me.” Jungkook pouted, sulking that he has been ignored by Taehyung.

Taehyung sighed and removed his glasses rubbing his temples, “I’m sorry babe. I’ve just been busy. My…err- ‘Company’ has been down into crisis. Let’s just say some ‘Competitors’ are trying to take over.” Taehyung tried to explain, not elaborately to the point, he can’t risk spilling his secret now can he.

Jungkook frowned at that, “Are you trying to imply something?” seeing no response from Taehyung he sighed giving up. “Fine.” Jungkook averted his gaze anywhere but Taehyung.

“Babe.” Taehyung called out. “I thought we’ve talked about this.” He stood up from his chair, going around his table and reached for Jungkook circling his hands on his slim waist.

Jungkook leaned on to Taehyung’s shoulder, “I know. It’s just hard to be kept in the dark…I feel like I’m being left out with something, I don’t know…Big?” there was a pause as Jungkook tried to settle his feelings. “I-I just…f-forget it…I-I…I’m sorry, I’m just mumbling.” Jungkook is desperate to know, but at the same time, he is scared.

Jungkook loosened Taehyung’s grip on his waist and positioned himself to go out of Taehyung’s office.

“Kookie, wait.” Taehyung pulled Jungkook’s wrist, pulling him back to his embrace. Taehyung felt guilty for making his angel sad, but he can’t risk anything right now, he just have to it all up.

“I’m sorry Kookie, I promised to tell you on the right time didn’t I? It’s just…not today.”

Jungkook pulled back slightly pushing Taehyung on his chest, “I understand.” He smiled, but not quite jolly Taehyung could tell, it didn’t reach his eyes, but most importantly Jungkook didn’t smile his bunny tooth smile, Taehyung heart ached, he truly felt guilty.

A knock on the door interrupted their thick atmosphere.

“Excuse me for the interruption sir, but there is an urgent call waiting for you on the line.” Sanghyuk informed Taehyung from the other side.

Taehyung and Jungkook shared a look, “I’ll go back to our room, take the call.” Jungkook whispered as he stalked out of Taehyung’s office slamming the door in the process.

Taehyung heaved an exasperated sigh swiping his palm on his face, he needs to fix this. But first, right, the call.

Taehyung picked up the receiver and pressed a button to connect the call from the other line to the phone on his office.

“Hello?”

“Boss.”  It was Namjoon.

Taehyung frowned, its business talk. Taehyung knew immediately that there is something wrong. He put his boss façade V on.

“Monster, what seems to be the problem?” Taehyung sighed exasperated.

“I haven’t even said anything yet, you truly catch on fast. The kidnappings and the other shenanigans have risen and are pointing them towards Bulletproof.” Namjoon said from the other line.

Taehyung quirked a brow, “That’s nothing that I don’t know. It’s not like that could damage us, they can’t even touch us.”

“Well, that’s not all I’m afraid. There’s someone there apparently had succeeded in trying to…uh, touch us.” Namjoon supplied.

“What do you mean by touch us?” Taehyung is baffled.

“Someone has breached into our system, they hacked into some of our files. But considering we have the toughest system there is, we are still on the safe zone before they crack the codes and reach our most important files regarding Bulletproof’s assets.” Namjoon explained.

“What?!?! How is that even possible?” Taehyung slammed his fist on his table.

“Thing is, even our knowledgeable tech wiz team couldn’t hold them back, they might have hired a master hacker, a genius one at that. And our only solution is to find an even stronger hacker than theirs.” Namjoon suggested.

“But where could we find someone like that?” Taehyung countered.

“Oh, I’ve had that in mind. I was thinking that Suga might know someone.” Namjoon’s tone sounded like he’s smirking from the other line.

“Suga? Okay, meet me at the headquarters, gather BTS in my office there.” Taehyung ordered.

“Copy that.” Namjoon hang up.

Taehyung gripped his hair in frustration, great, another problem added. But first, he needs to settle his Kookie problem.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter