Chapter 14

Everything is flowing as if nothing happened.

How Yoongi wished that the work would keep him from over-thinking.

Those unwanted thoughts came drowning him, pulling him down to the abyss of hopelessness.

 

Was it about Hoseok?

Nope, Yoongi thought. It wouldn’t be.

 

Was it about Kidoh hyung?

Nope, Yoongi could not bring himself to associate Seokjin with Kidoh.

 

It must be Seokjin himself.

Yoongi could not find the correct answer.

He tried analyzing every single clue that he could get, but to no avail.

 

“Suga Hyung?”

Namjoon nudged Yoongi by the rib.

“Min Yoongi!”

 

“What?”

Yoongi looked listless as he stir the iced Americano with his straw.

 

“I’ve been calling your name for a lot of time. I tried to refrain myself from calling your full name though…”

Namjoon took a sip of his drink again.

“Look, if you’re not feeling well, why not you go back to rest? I’ll handle the rest of the project by myself later.”

 

“Nope, I’m fine.”

Yoongi slapped both of his cheeks hard.

“I just need a 5 minute break.”

 

Namjoon nodded his head and continue to look through the blueprints that were scattered all over the table. The new project was though. That had to consider the venue of the building in order to sort out the materials and to construct the suitable structure. No matter how many blueprints they had handed over to the clients, they were all rejected. Except for the one that was for the balcony.

 

For sake, of all the blueprints, only the balcony was approved.

 

Yoongi brushed his fringe to the back of his head while placing his mug at the coffee dispenser. He was already stressed over Seokjin and the clients decided to had the blueprints “improvised”.

 

Bummer.

 

The door of the pantry was being pushed opened and Yoongi did not bother to look up.

 

“Hey.”

 

Yoongi was startled by the voice.

He looked up and it was Seokjin.

 

“Well, I’ll apologize on our department behalf…”

Seokjin said as he replaced Yoongi’s mug with his own mug on the coffee dispenser.

He handed the mug over to Yoongi and continued.

“We’re sorry that the the building structure kept on changing and changing.”

 

Yoongi just shook his head. He could understand Seokjin’s situation. Being an architect, they need to work closely with engineers and discuss on the scaled drawings. So Yoongi knew that Seokjin needed to accommodate on the engineers and the clients needs.

 

The building that they were working on was a museum, residing at the bottom of the mountain. It was hard for them as they need to take turns to go over to the place, to understand the weather and ground plan. The clients were picky too, and could not even decide on a blueprint design. They like to add on new ideas later on and would expect all departments to accept it and redraw the plans again.

 

Yoongi heaved out a deep sigh.

“I understand your situation. It’s not your fault too.”

 

Seokjin smiled weakly and their conversation just ended there, leaving a pregnant pause. It was as if both of them were about to say something but none of them spoke.

 

It was not the right time to talk about them.

Yoongi thought.

This is not the right venue.

 

“If there’s nothing else, I shall head back.”

Seokjin spoke, and gave Yoongi a light pat on the shoulder.

“See you around later.”

 

“Yeah, see you.”

Yoongi managed to have those words squeezing out from his lips.

He wanted to talk, talk about what was going on between them.

 

He had enough of all those overthinking and regretted not talking it out throughout the last three years.

 

They could be something for real.

Yoongi smiled sadly and headed out of the pantry.

 

--

 

Months of reconstructing blueprints and discussion on the materials, they finaly started constructing the real structure out on the construction site.

 

“Finally. ”

Hoseok smiled as he pushed the goggles down.

 

“You should put back the goggles.”

Seokjin said as he looked through the blueprint again, making sure the second floor going along with the floor plan.

 

“Do you think we should have the window bigger?”

Yoongi asked as he looked to the east.

“The sun rays seem to able to permeate throughout the whole room to the west wing.”

 

“Hmmm, possible…”

Namjoon replied.

“Seokjin hyung, what do you think?”

 

“I am fine as I already had an alternative blueprint for a bigger window, hence the changes could be made easily. You should discuss it with the client.”

Seokjin smiled.

 

Just then, Seokjin’s phone rang.

“Excuse me for a moment.”

 

He turned around to pick up the phone.”

“Hi, Kidoh…..”

 

Yoongi’s expression fell as soon as he heard Seokjin saying Kidoh’s name.

Yoongi noticed that Kidoh had been calling Seokjin regularly.

Obviously Yoongi was not happy about it.

 

“Chill, hyung.”

Namjoon gave Yoongi a light pat.

“You’re giving out bad vibes right now.”

 

Yoongi clenched his fist as he turned.

“I’m going out to air my head. Back in 10 minutes.”

 

Namjoon just laughed.

 

--

 

Yoongi could not stand it anymore. The more he think about what he was thinking months ago, the more he wanted to confess to Seokjin and claim what was his.

 

Yes, Seokjin is mine.

Yoongi thought.

Not now, but soon.

 

 

“What are you doing here?”

 

Yoongi was startled by the voice. It was Seokjin.

 

Yes, what a good timing.

Yoongi thought.