Chapter 10

Everything is flowing as if nothing happened.

Yeap, the feast was not a good idea.

Other than Seokjin, the rest could not even swallow their food at all.

 

Seokjin was eating in bliss while the rest just held on to their chopsticks.

 

“Hyung, I don’t think I can eat in this atmosphere.”

Jungkook whispered to Taehyung.

 

“Me too.”

Taehyung whispered back and gave a look at Jimin.

 

 

J-hope was looking down on his bowl of rice while Yoongi was eating quietly.

As for Namjoon and Jimin, they were exchanging text messages beneath the table.

 

To RM

From JM

 

What the hell even happened in the room just now?

Why did Yoongi hyung apologized when he was not even in wrong?

 

To JM

From RM

 

Jin hyung just told Yoongi hyung to apologize and he just did what he was told to.I’m also confused by Yoongi’s action. You have no idea how the situation was inside the room just now.If you had seen how Jin hyung confronted Yoongi hyung, you will hope that you can just dissolve into ashes immediately and pray hard that Yoongi hyung wouldn’t set the whole dorm on fire.

 

 

Jimin looked at Namjoon in disbelief.

Really? He mouthed and Namjoon noded as a form of reply.

 

“This is delicious!”

Seokjin was the only one who could still eat deliciously at that moment and Jimin had never wished that he could be like Seokjin, who could be that, oblivious to everything around him.

 

 

“I’m done.”

Yoongi placed his chopsticks down and stood up.

He went into the room and grabbed his bag and headed to the front door.

 

“Where are you going?”

Seokjin asked.

 

The rest wished that Seokjin had never asked as they were actually frightened by Yoongi’s silence.

 

“…To next door.”

Yoongi managed to say after a long pause.

He sliped on his shoes and opened the door.

“I’m staying with Chim, Tae and Jungkook tonight.”

 

And he slammed the door shut.

 

“Guys don’t take it to your heart.”

Seokjin smiled, trying to reassure that Yoongi will be fine in a few days time.

“It must be the professor! You see, he was busy with his music recently despite the dealine 2 days ago….”

 

Nobody dare to say a word to Seokjin.

 

--

 

“Hoseok, why did you even do that?”

Namjoon asked once J-hope was done with his bath.

 

J-hope just dry his hair with the towel and sat down on his bed.

“I… I just kinda fall for Jin hyung… hard… hard enough till I can’t leave …”

 

It was really hard for J-hope as both Yoongi and Seokjin were equally important to him. He had to make a decision, as there was no equal stand.

 

“Hope ah..”

Namjoon tried to find words to console J-hope but there was nothing he could do.

He placed his arms around J-hope.

“It’s okay, we're here for you. Ya know right?”

 

 

---

 

Seok Jin could not understand and would never understand why Yoongi would lay his fist on J-hope.

J-hope was their cutest junior and it was a miracle that they actually cliqued.

 

He liked J-hope and Yoongi very much and they were his dearest juniors.

He did not want to lose the balance.

 

But it seemed to be difficult for Seokjin to balance as he started to feel differently for Yoongi.

 

It was not a usual Senior-junior relationship anymore.

It was something beyond the line.

 

The line that Seokjin tried very hard not to cross over.

It was a taboo.

 

But he could not control his feelings.

All he could was to wear the “friend” mask.

 

 

The presence of Yoongi was so important to Seokjin.

He could instantly felt relieve whenever Yoongi was near or in the same room with him.

 

He also knew J-hope liked him a lot. He did get those hints from J-hope but he chose to ignore.

He could not cross the line and he did not have those feelings for J-hope.


It was different for Yoongi.

But he did not dare to confess.

He knew it would be different.

 

When Yoongi chose to stay at the next door for the night, he knew he should be very pissed about what J-hope did.

Seokjin would not ask Yoongi or J-hope about the matter unless they started telling him.

He knew both of them need some time to cool down.

 

In the end, the first step was hard.

 

Too hard for Yoongi and Seokjin.

 

--

 

The next few days were a torture for all of them.

Even for Seokjin too.

 

J-hope and Yoongi did not even talk to each other at all.

 

“Yoongi ah, are you alright?”

Seokjin asked. He was concern about Yoongi as he did not seem to be his usual self.

 

Instead of working on his music, he was actually doing his assignments and handed them in before the respective deadlines.

 

“Yeap, I’m alright.”

Yoongi had his gaze fixed on his assignments.

He needed to clear his mind from everything.


It had been 4 days since the matter and he did not interact with J-hope.

Be it coincidence or on purpose.

 

He did not want to see J-hope for now as he knew he would not be able to control his fist. 

He never expected J-hope would did that behind his back.

 

Okay, he did not know J-hope had feelings for Seokjin too.

And if he had, he could have let Yoongi know!

Why did he even agree to join in the Project Jin?

Weren’t they brothers? Shouldn’t they be honest with each other?

 

If J-hope had told Yoongi that in the first place he, too, had feelings for Seokjin, Yoongi would be the first to accept it.

Because, they were brothers. Yoongi was frustrated with himself that he could not see what was coming and did not know J-hope’s feelings.

He could have done something.

 

 

And, things would be different for now.

 

 

All he could do was to let the time to wash away all the frustrations and desperations.

 

--

 

“Hyung?”

J-hope sat down on the seat opposite Seokjin in the library.

 

“Hmm?”

Seokjin was too focus on his revision as the mid-term was around the corner.
His textbook was full of his post it notes.

 

The same like how Yoongi would do.

J-hope smiled sadly.

 

“Yeah, go on.”

Seokjin looked up again, then back to his book.

“What you want to talk about?”

 

“I…I like you.”

J-hope managed to say it out.

 

The nightmare had come.

That was what Seokjin thought.

He stopped at what he was doing and look up at J-hope. All J-hope had in return, was silence from Seokjin.

 

It seemed like Seokjin had already knew from the start.

“This isn't the reaction that I was expecting from you.”

J-hope said weakly. He was sure that Seokjin might very shock and scolded him for that.

 

“Hobi…Look, I knew it from the day you start liking me.”

Seokjin smiled and held onto J-hope’s hands. J-hope was definitely the type of guy who could not hide his feelings well.

“But…. It was different for me. That’s why acted as if I’m oblivious towards your feelings.”

 

J-hope did not expect that.

“Wow, hyung.  It hurts.”

J-hope held on to his chest with his hands, and acted as if he was really injured by the chest.

 

But Seokjin’s words really pierced through J-hope’s heart.

All the words that turned him down.

 

Three strikes, and he’s out.

 

He did not even have the chance to play his role.

 

“Hobi, you knew from the start right?”

Seokjin asked.

“That I li…”

 

“Yeah, I know. You like Yoongi hyung.”

J-hope knew from the start and he was the one who initiated the Project Jin plan with Taehyung.

 

“Good.”

Seokjin was as if heaved a sigh of relief, because at least somebody could share the burden of his secret.

“Then help me keep a secret.”

 

“Why?”

J-hope did not understand. If Seokjin liked Yoongi, they were supposed to be together right? Why must Seokjin’s feelings kept as a secret?

“But Yoon…”

 

“No but’s.”

Seokjin smiled.

“Let’s just drop the topic.”

 

“Hyung..”

J-hope wanted to tell Seokjin about Yoongi’s feelings too.

But Seokjin shook his head and had his headphone on.

 

 

Why?