Chapter 12

Everything is flowing as if nothing happened.

 

Kim Seokjin shouldn’t have let Min Yoongi know what’s the warmth between guys.

Kim Seokjin shouldn’t have let Jung Hoseok know what’s the tenderness between guys.

Min Yoongi and Jung Hoseok shouldn’t have harboured any intimate feelings towards Kim Seokjin.

 

Having said that, Yoongi felt that everything seemed to be predestined.

 

He never knew that he would be able to cross path with a person like Kim Seokjin.

His smile, his every little ignited Yoongi, and Yoongi knew he couldn’t just let his feelings go.

 

 

3 years gone by, they had graduated from the university and had to leave the dorm eventually.

With all the “s, it, damn this crap”, Yoongi the die-hard anti-assignment student had finaly graduated too.

 

Min Yoongi had landed himself on a interior design firm, which worked closely with Jung Hoseok, project management job. Not to mention, Kim Seokjin too.

 

Everything did not seem to go along with his plan.

Working with both of them was not even included in his future.

Just as he thought he was able to let go of Kim Seokjin, he realized that he was even closer to Seokjin.

 

Seokjin was one of the architects from the architecture firm that he was working with. It was going to be a major project and hence, they may need to get in contact with each other more often than he expected he would be.

 

 

“I didn’t know you’re in DT Firm. “

Seokjin reach out his hands for a handshake and smiled.

 

“Yeah.”

Yoongi returned the handshake.

 

Yeah.

 

 

 

Why didn’t he know about it….

 

--

 

 

“ Hyung, you already know that the three of them will be working together?”

Taehyung asked Namjoon about it as Namjoon would meet the other three frequently, but individualy too.

 

Yoongi would give excuse, claiming that he was too busy with this job and Hoseok will be busy with all the other projects coming in. Seokjin would want all of them to meet too, but there was no opportunity.

 

 

Nobody dare to press on the matter further.  But they did get each other’s information indirectly, from Namjoon.

 Namjoon had become the messenger for the trio, reluctantly.

 

“Why don’t you tell him yourself?”

Namjoon asked, with a hint of irritance.

 

“I…”

J-hope could not give him an answer, and Namjoon would not be able to know if he did not tell him whatever running across his mind. To be very honest, Namjoon had enough of all the craps that they were giving.

 

He wanted to help but not when he was the only person who was putting in effort and yet the rest (Seokjin, Hoseok, Yoongi) were not.

 

“I still can’t get over him.”

The drunk Yoongi called him one day, in the middle of the night.

 

“Yeah?... Why not you call him, instead of calling me?”
Namjoon groaned after looking at the clock. It was two in the morning. What did he do to deserve that treatment?

“Look, I need to wake up in 5 hours time and get my on my workplace in 7 hours time. I need to sleep okay? Peace out.”

 

And yeah, he hung up.

 

The very next morning, he regretted it. He found an unconscious, bruised Hoseok and a drunk (unconscious too) Yoongi by his front door.

Namjoon could not help but to groan.

 

Guessed that he needed to call in sick for work that day.

 

“Ugh, guys! Wake up!”

Namjoon dragged Hoseok by the feet. He never knew Hoseok was that heavy. Perhaps, was it because Namjoon had not eaten his breakfast yet?

 

“Oh my god! Hyung, you reeked!”

Namjoon winced and pulled Yoongi by the underarms.

 

After placing them on the couch, many questions came popping out in his mind.

 

How did they landed right infront of his house?

 

An hour later, Yoongi was the first to wake up.

“God damn it! My head is pounding hard….”

 

“Here, have a cucumber.”

Namjoon handed him a plate of sliced cucumber and sat beside the unconscious Hoseok, slaping Hoseok by the face.

“Wake up, idiot.”

 

Yoongi looked at Namjoon with a confused expression.

“Why do you give me these and why the hell is j-hope here?!”

 

Namjoon gave Yoongi a deadpanned expression in return.

“Both of you just showed up infront my door when I was about to head out to buy breakfast.”

 

Namjoon leaned forward and asked Yoongi.

“I should be the one who should be asking how the hell you guys landed in front of my door. Thanks to you guys, I need to take a day leave for my work.”

 

Yoongi cursed under his breath and whipped out his phone, preparing to dial.

 

“Don’t worry. I’ve called in sick for the both of you already.”

Namjoon yawned and resumed his slapping routine on hoseok.

“dude, wake up already.”

Yoongi looked at Hoseok and winced.

How the hell did Hoseok had himself landed on this plight?

He looked badly bruised by the corner of his mouth, not to mention the blue blacks on his cheeks and the corner of his eyes. He had a few scratches by the arms and knuckles too. But what was the most amusing part was, his jacket was very clean, and he still had his work bag with him.

 

“It must be very painful…”

Yoongi muttered as he ate a slice of cucumber.

 

 

With a few more slapping by the face, Hoseok finally woke up.

His eyes looked bloody red. It seems the veins on his left eyes had burst. He must have been punched by the eye.

 

“Consider yourself lucky that you woke up or else I’m calling for the morgue.”

Namjoon joked as he placed and ice bag on the cheeks of J-hope.

 

“Thanks.”

J-hope replied.

“But how the hell did came here? I remembered that I was drinking with my collegue….”

 

“Colleague? But both of you showed up on my doorstep this morning.”

Namjoon looked at the back and forth.

“did you guys drink together? I remembered that you guys have mentioned about working together…”

 

“But I wasn’t drinking with him.”

Yoongi replied. He could not recall clearly how he even reached Namjoon’s apartment. But he remember some images of him punching Hoseok flashed across his mind. He looked down on his hands and those images explained his knuckles.

 

Yoongi must have vented all his anger on J-hope last night.

“I think…. It was me who punched you.”

He held his hand up.

“My knuckles were badly bruised too.”

 

“But then, why are you getting any injury like mine?”

J-hope asked. That was unfair. He was a good fighter too and could have retaliated back equally. Unless he was really drunk last night.

“You punk. You must have punched me hard when you found be dead drunk right. Ouch!”

J-hope winced in pain as namjoon pressed the ice pack hard on the cheek.

 

“Lie down, don’t move.”

Namjoon pushed J-hope down on the couch again.

“I’m bringing you to the hospital later. And you, hyung,”

Namjoon turned and looked at Yoongi.

“You are coming with us too.”

 

“Why?”

Yoongi was puzzled by Namjoon’s remark.

 

“You are the one who causes this.”

Namjoon pointed at the artwork (J-hope’s face).

“I don’t want anybody to credit me with this masterpiece and further more, you are paying for the medical bills.”

 

Namjoon said with a smile plastered on his face and Yoongi groaned.

 

---

 

 

“Hi, may I know where is the patient by the name of Jung Hoseok situated at?”

Seokjin asked as he tried gulping for air.

He rushed to the hospital immediately after he heard the news from Namjoon.

 

“Hold on.”

The nurse browsed through the list on the computer screen.

“He is at ward B2, room 18.”

 

Seokjin thanked the nurse and rushed to the ward.

He had heard from Namjoon that J-hope was badly bruised by the face and the doctor had mentioned that he had a slight concussion too.

It sounded very serious and Seokjin could not help but to feel worry for J-hope.

 

Finally, he reached the ward B2 and walked towards the room 18. Ward B2 was one of the ward labeled Class B, which one room consisted of 2 paitents within the room. Not to mentioned that it was expensive.

 

Since when J-hope willing to pay so much on medical bills?

Seokjin thought.

It must be the insurance that he had bought back then.

 

Seokjin opened the door and indeed, J-hope looked badly brusided.

 

“You called him?”

J-hope looked at Namjoon with his eyes widen, same goes to the person which sat on the opposite bed.

“Didn’t I say not to tell him about it?”

 

“Okay, my job is done here.”

Namjoon retreated out of the room.

“Have fun talking.”

 

After that, it was left with an awkward silence. 

 

“Erm…. Why is Yoongi here?”

Seokjin asked. He informed that the one who admitted to the hospital was J-hope.

 

J-hope squinted his eyes at Yoongi, signaling him to reply Seokjin.

But Yoongi just stared back at J-hope with his eyes wide and muttered a few curses under his breath.

 

“So… Nobody is going to tell me what’s going on?”

Seokjin looked at both of them.

“Are we going to deal with this matter like how we deal back in the past?”
 

Both of them looked at Seokjin and remained silence.

 

“I… think I punched him in the face.”

Yoongi said softly.

 

“What?”

Seokjin could not believe what he heard. He looked at the degree of the injury that J-hope had and flared up.

“You punched him? Again? Yoongi ah…”

 

“I’m sorry hyung.”

Yoongi apologised.

 

“Look, it isn’t hyung’s fault.”

J-hope tried to defend for Yoongi as Yoongi seriously could not recall why he punched him and J-hope could not remember himself being punched. All he knew was he woke up with injuries.

 

“But look at your face!”

Seokjin held on to J-hope’s face.

“You looked bloated!”

 

“Nah, I’m fine.”

J-jhope pushed away Seokjin’s hand.

“Hyung didn’t mean, I swear. Right hyung?”

J-hope kept blinking his eyes, hoping Yoongi could agree with him.

Whether be it on purpose or not.

 

Yoongi squinted his eyes as a form of receiving the signal.

“Yeah…, I couldn’t recall why or how I punched Hoseok.”

 

“It’s J-hope! Yah, hyung! How many times must I repeat.”

J-hope raised his arms, trying to fake throwing his fist.

 

Yoongi burst out into laughter but winced afterwards as he was still experiencing a bad hangover. Namjoon was the one who suggested him admitting into the same ward as J-hope. Well, he was not the one who made the payment, so why not helping Yoongi to register for the admission.

 

Seokjin laughed along too.  The whole scenario was too hilarious and absurb.

They did not think that they would be meet again under that circumstance.

 

--

 

After that incident, it seemed like the trio had patched up.

Namjoon did not need to be their messenger anymore and they gathered together more often.

 

Everything went very smoothly, same goes for their work.

 

Although every laughter Seokjin made had pained Yoongi, Yoongi would endure as he thought that I worth it.

 

--

 

Seokjin was glad that Yoongi and J-hope was back to good terms again.

At least Seokjin  did not need to experience any more cold replies from Yoongi anymore. They had enough with every craps ongoing among them.

 

Although Yoongi did talked to him, but he knew it was not the sae anymore.

It was like as if, lack of affection that Yoongi had back then.

 

Seokjin could not accept the fact that Yoongi walked into his heart and left without his consent. He did not sign up for this heartache.

 

--

 

Namjoon did not get it.

Didn’t they patch up?

If yes, why the hell did he have to be in Kidoh’s pub with a dead drunk Seokjin again?

 

“You know?”

Seokjin asked, as he swirled the liquid in the glass with his fingers.

Namjoon winced at the sight of it, as he knew Seokjin was clearly drunk to do such unhygienic act.

 

“No, I don’t know.”

Namjoon replied, trying to pry the glass away from Seokjin.

Seokjin got to stop drinking.

 

“That bastard is a son of a .”

Seokjin cursed.

“He don’t deserved to exist.”

 

“Pardon?”

Namjoon could not believe that seokjin just cursed.

 

“That Bastard!”

Seokjin yelled, attracting the other patrons to look at him.

 

“Hey, hey. Keep it down.”

Namjoon covered Seokjin’s mouth.

Luckily Kidoh walked over.

“Is everything ok?”

 

“Yeap.”

Namjoon smiled and looked at Seokjin, who was still muffling under his palm.

“Erm.. Probably not.”

 

Seokjin pushed Namjoon’s hands away and pulled Kidoh down to sit beside him.

“HyoSang ah….. I am very sad. Very, very sad….”

Seokjin sobbed as he hugged kidoh.

 

Kidoh was puzzled by Seokjin’s action and looked at Namjoon, trying to get an answer from him.

 

“Honestly, I have no idea what’s going on.”

Namjoon explained.

“When I reached here, Jin hyung was already this drunk and kept drinking. I thought you knew he was drinking htough…”

 

“Nope, I have no clue.  I was busy at my office on the 2nd floow and wasn’t out till now.”

Kidoh looked at the sobbing Seokjin, hoping he could help him. He pulled Seokjin away.

“Hey buddy, what’s wrong?”

 

“I should have given my heart to you instead of that bastard.”

Seokjin sobbed, trying to lean forward for a hug but Kidoh kept a distance. He did not want to take advantage of Seokjin under that circumstance.

 

“Who is that ‘bastard’?”

Kidoh asked as he cupped Seokjin’s face, wipping the tears away with his thumb.

“I’ll beat up the bastard for you.”

 

“Yeah, me too.”

Namjoon added.

 

“No, you cannot!”

Seokjin said with his eyes widen.

 

“Then who is it?”

Kidoh looked at him with a gentle gaze.

That lucky bastard.

Kidoh thought.

 

 

“Well.. ..He is the bastard who likes jordan numbers more than converse high.”

Seokjin muttered as he leaned back wards on the couch.

“He prefers his hair to be coloured and he would rather sleep than work out…”

 

“Min Suga, you mean.”

Kidoh laughed.

That bastard.

 

It’s been years and Seokjin still could not let go of the feelings for that Min Suga?

Kidoh thought.

Why couldn’t I be that bastard.

 

Namjoon sighed.

He knew it. Both Yoongi and Seokjin could not let go of their feelings.

Why were they torturing themselves?

 

“Yes.”

Seokjin smiled as he slurred.

“Min Suga a.k.a. Min Yoongi. Doesn’t the name Suga fits him nicely?”

 

“No.”

Kidoh rebuted.

“’Bastard’ suits him best.”