Epilogue

Insufferable

Approaching the door to iKON’s practice room Summer tried to simultaneously wrangle it open and shed the hoodie she wore.  Spring was well and truly under way and although the night’s were still cool enough for a jumper, the interior of YG was warm enough for everyone to strip down to basic layers.  As she wheeled the trolley in she automatically looked to the centre of the mirror for her usual note, her stomach sinking when she found nothing.  

 

There was never nothing and Junhoe hadn’t informed her of them not being in the studio that day.  Just then a movement caught her eye in the mirror and she let out a short scream as she spun around, finding the boy, who had clearly been pressed up against the wall behind the door.  He was laughing as he moved towards her and Summer didn’t refrain from smacking him on the shoulder.

 

“Yah, don’t hit me.  Do you know how long I was standing there for?  You took forever,” he chided, but it was clear that he was still trying very hard not to laugh.  The blonde managed to look unimpressed for a few more seconds before a smile spread across her face.  

 

“I hope your legs cramped up.”

 

“Why? Are you gonna massage them?” he quizzed with a wriggle of his eyebrows and she let out a groan.  “You seemed very fixed on that mirror.  Were you looking for this?”

 

With his words Junhoe pulled out one of his usual notes and proceeded to stick it to the end of her nose.  Scrunching her face up, Summer reached to pull it off and quickly turned it around to read.

 

I didn’t make out with the mirror today.

 

“Awe, congratulations Junhoe!  Did you want a gold star?” she cooed and he scowled at her.  Summer simply giggled however, tucking the note safely into her pocket and moving to pick up a spray bottle.  As she moved towards the mirror she momentarily broke her work protocol to plant a kiss on his cheek, just so he was aware she appreciated it.

 

Summer had learnt very quickly that it was more about what Junhoe didn’t say, than what he did.  He wasn’t big on sweet words and confessions - even if he did cry when they watched Mulan - and blushed enough when he did that she had told him to stick to his usual words.  Like the ones on tonight’s note, which in fact meant he was thinking of her.  And indeed there were no smudges when she approached the mirror.

 

When she glanced over at Junhoe she found him standing a short way off, fiddling with his cap and the hair beneath it.  If someone had told her several months ago that she would find this appealing instead of infuriating she would have laughed in their face.  She still wasn’t sure when everything had started changing, but from where she was standing now she wouldn’t have it any other way.  Because if there was one thing she knew in this moment, it was this;

 

She really liked Koo Junhoe.

 

 

 

___________________________________________

 

And here we are, at the end of this journey, sorry guys!  But if you're interested at all I might be able to start working on a sequel; I have some ideas for one.