Ten

Insufferable

Jinhwan seemed to make good of his promise to keep things a bit cleaner and the other boys fell into line behind him, Summer finding less rubbish spread around the room from that day on.  Although it was evident to her that Junhoe was trying to cause more trouble for her still.  She had walked into the practice room the next night as the boys were leaving to spy Junhoe dropping a wrapper on the ground.  Before she could say anything though Chanwoo noticed and threw it in the bin while chiding the older boy.  It was only a minor setback for him though, as the Korean chose other ways to try and get to her.

 

One thing iKON never changed was their habit of leaving the spare clothing they had discarded, either spread across the benches at the side, or piled haphazardly over the edge.  In amongst these she began finding notes stuck to different items, either informing her they were his and not to touch them, or that they were another of the boy’s and stealing them to sell them was illegal.  Most nights she found the mirror smudged up more than normal, and sometimes there was another note stuck to it, telling her that Bobby had stood here looking at himself.

 

Despite the fact that Junhoe’s words and actions never ceased to worm their way under her skin and irritate her – as he so clearly intended to happen – she actually grew to enjoy leaving her own replacement messages as the weeks passed.  So much so that after the first night of scribbling the boy’s out she had started bringing her own sticky notes and pen.  The one thing that continued to evade her though, was why he insisted on addressing the notes to B.L, despite them clearly being intended for her.  What the initials meant she was yet to figure out.

 

That night as she entered the room and surveyed it she immediately spotted a note stuck to the mirror, letting out a sigh as she parked the trolley up and moved towards the object with the items needed to clean it.  There were several smudged hand prints and plucking the note off the surface, she cleaned them away before turning to it, snorting as she read over it.

 

Oh oppa, I wish you looked at me the way you do the mirror.’

 

“I’m older than Bobby, doofus,” she mentioned to no one in particular, reaching into her pocket for her own paper and pen.  Then, she quickly scrawled a message back, sticking it in the previous one’s place and standing back to admire her handy work.

 

Talking to yourself again, Junhoe?

 

With a quick nod of satisfaction Summer turned her attention to the rest of the mirror.  By now she had worked out a solid routine and technique that saw her done in record time and allowed her to get into the rest of the room.  She needed it that day as apparently iKON were starting new year preparations and were taking a shorter than usual dinner break.  The girl found another note stashed away inside a ball cap that warned of some nasty repercussions should she attempt to manhandle it in anyway.  Summer was incredibly tempted to leave another reply, but looking at her watch decided there wasn’t enough time before they returned.

 

Indeed she had just gathered up all her equipment and rolled the trolley out of the room when the first of them appeared and she let out a groan.  It was Junhoe, striding up the corridor like he owned the entire building and as she continued to push the cart she idly wondered whether he was compensating for something.

 

“Hey B.L, surely you can’t be done already?” he questioned, a look of blatant disbelief on his face and she pulled up short, pretending to inspect her nails in retaliation.

 

“Sure am, it’s what happens when you work hard.  What the hell does B.L mean anyway?” she asked back and his expression changed slowly to one of amusement as he reached for the studio door, opening it up and making a show of inspecting it.

 

“Oh look, there’s a piece of paper stuck to the mirror.  How careless.”

 

“Enjoy it.”

 

“Hardly.  Can you really not figure out what B.L stands for?” he quizzed, leaning against the doorframe and turning his gaze back to her.  Summer didn’t bother with a retort, knowing her silence would be enough to give herself away.  Junhoe shook his head slightly, as if he couldn’t fathom the idea.  “B.L.  Bobby Lover.  Duh, what a pabo.”

 

“How was I supposed to guess that?  Despite what you obviously think I’m not actually obsessed with him you know,” she pointed out and he crossed his arms over his chest as he regarded her.

 

“Really?  Because most people only put celebrities as their phone background if they’re absolutely in love with them.”

 

“So your background is a picture of you?” Summer retorted and watched as the boy stiffened.  A moment later though he was actually smirking and he shot her a wink as he dug into his pocket and pulled out his phone.

 

“Got it in one,” he said, before flashing her a picture of a selca he had clearly taken before going on stage if the make-up was anything to go by.  The girl couldn’t help but burst into laughter at it, unable to quite believe that he actually had a picture of himself as a wallpaper, only stifling her giggles as the rest of the group appeared in the hall.  Junhoe shot her a dark look that she couldn’t quite decipher in response, before disappearing into the room and letting the door swing shut behind him.

 

Biting down on her lip Summer continued on down the hall, pulling up out the front of the next practice room.  Greeting the boys as they filed passed, she tilted her head curiously as Chanwoo stopped beside her.

 

“Hyung hasn’t been leaving more rubbish behind has he?  He’s always staying behind and telling us he’ll catch up and I’m suspicious,” the boy questioned and she was slightly taken aback by it.  When she thought about it though, it made sense.  After all Junhoe was hardly likely to go around sticking post-it notes to mirrors when the rest of the boys were in the room.  Or making-out with the mirror or whatever it was he actually did to achieve the smudges.  “Noona?”

 

Snapping herself out of her reverie Summer shook her head at the boy, smiling at him gently.  “No, he hasn’t.  But you can tell him to stop messing up the mirror if you like, that’s the hardest to clean.”

 

“Aish, he’s acting like a grade schooler.  I’m sorry noona,” he apologised, presumably on behalf of his group member, offering a deep bow and the girl immediately urged him to straighten up.  She didn’t need Chanwoo’s apologies, she didn’t even need Junhoe’s - even if it would be nice.

 

“It’s fine Chanwoo, really.  I’m a big girl and can hold my own against whatever antics he’s up to.  Now go on, before I get both of us in trouble for you being late for practice,” she urged and he looked at her uncertainly, before he found his confirmation in her and with a smile and a goodbye he was scuttling over to the studio.