Bus stop

HER OTHER WORLD

Haera walks back from class alone today. Sure, Suho and Yuri had pestered her to ride along with them but she didn’t want to disturb the two. It’s their first anniversary and Haera would have to bare the guilt for her whole life if she ever ruins their plans just because she needs a ride.

It’s not that Haera can’t afford to buy a car but she just doesn’t want to use her parent’s money. Her parents had been kind enough to let her stay in Seoul and not follow them to go back to Japan, where her parents are permanently staying for work purposes.

The girl reminds herself to call her parents when she arrives at her apartment. I miss them, she sadly thinks.

“Boo!”

Haera nearly trips when someone surprises her from her back and she automatically clenches her poor, frightened heart.

“I could’ve died from a heart attack!” she scolds but then ends up laughing when the said person makes a face then pouts like a puppy in front of her.

“You’re very dense. How could you still not expect it? I’ve been doing this for years, Hae!”  Haera smiles at the use of her nickname.

Kai and Haera have been friends for 5 years now and honestly, everything that he does never fail to entertain her.

“I was deep in thoughts, alright?” Haera shrugs as she continues to walk, acting like she’s annoyed with her guy best friend.

“Oh, and you were thinking about?” Kai smirks and Haera makes a face at him.

“I’m not a ert like you, Kai,”

“Never said you were,”

“Your face shows it all,”

“Come on, I’m not even a ert to begin with,” he shouts and Haera quickly walks ahead, embarrassed that people are now looking at them both.

Stupid Kai, she says to herself.

Kai jogs to her, all while singing some 90’s song that she’s not familiar with and her face heats up. People must think that her friend is crazy.

“You always walk so fast, Hae. I waited for you so that we can walk back together. What kind of best friend are you?” still jogging, he says. Haera stops in her tracks and shoots daggers at him.

“Why do you always say things like that?” she pouts.

“Hey, you know I’m kidding, right?” Kai softens as he too, stops jogging.

Haera doesn’t like it one bit when Kai says things like that. Yuri is enough drama for her and she dislikes it when Kai tries to act like it too.

“Yuri asked about you today. Did you guys bump into each other?” slowly, she asks.

“Yuri? No? Not that I remember. Why? What did she ask?” Kai questions her.

“She asked how you were,”

“Well, maybe she misses me,”

His quirky smile and remark makes Haera smile in an instant. He’s always very carefree. Trust him to ignore judgements.

"But who's Kyungsoo, though?" Kai asks and her face heats up again.

"Hmmm... Haera and Kyungsoo sittin' on a tree~ K-I-S-S-I-N-G~" he sings then runs for his life when Haera starts to chase him.

 

 

 

   fdb8d3b78bdaa77fe8aec4cd12950572.jpg

“Speak of the devil,” Baekhyun whistles and Kyungsoo hopes it’s not what he think it is.

They’re in the new café that Xiumin wants to try so bad because of his love for coffee- or because of his love for the shy barista, as Kyungsoo begs to differ.

“Oh hey, it’s Haera. Don’t you want to ask her to join you? We’ll go if you want us too,” Xiumin asks and Kyungsoo immediately shakes his head, indicating a no.

Kyungsoo fixes his eyes on Haera. She must have thought she'd miss the bus, he says to himself when he sees the girl trying to catch her breath.

He doesn’t want Haera to think that he’s following her.

But she’s alone at the bus stop and the opportunity is very bright yet Kyungsoo doesn’t budge. She’s gonna think he’s a sick stalker if he approaches her right now.

“Dude, stop staring. Start moving,” Baekhyun nudges hard and he winces in pain.

This kid-

“Soo, if you’re not gonna get up right now, I think as a best friend, it’s only rational if I go out there myself and court her for you,” Xiumin’s words makes Kyungsoo’s eyes wider than they already are.

Kyungsoo wants to ask her out so bad but he doesn’t know what’s keeping him from doing so.

It’s not like he’s never dated before, right? He himself doesn’t know why he’s hesitating to make a move.

But then he sees her struggling to keep her hair from her face when the wind blows so strong, he can’t help himself but grin- like a kid seeing his crush for the first time.

She’s so adorable.

“ed evidence number 5 alert,” Baekhyun laughs so loud Kyungsoo just wants to hit him in the pretty face of his. And why are they friends again?

“Come on. She’s gonna think I’m stalking her,”

“Soo, I’m sure she’ll take it as a part of your effort,” Xiumin says as a matter of factly and he shrugs.

Kyungsoo hates it when Xiumin says something very intelligent that he’s not able to argue about.

“Or maybe you can undergo a transplant surgery because your seems to not function very well. Look, she’s already getting on the bus. Bye bye Haera,” their eyes follow the said girl’s back as she disappears into the bus.

Tomorrow, Kyungsoo secretly promises himself.