Their curiosity

HER OTHER WORLD

“Hi,”

The sweet voice belongs to Haera and Kyungsoo melts right away – something that he never imagined would happen to his stern, serious self.

He’s in love.

Or ed. As Baekhyun puts it.

But he shouldn’t listen to Baekhyun, right? Or should he?

“Yes, you’re totally ed, Soo. Like, literally,” Baekhyun surprises him with his sudden high-pitched voice. And now he’s certain that everyone’s looking at them- well, not that they’re not accustomed to that but damn Kyungsoo hates unrequited attention.

“You’ve been smiling since she said a sweet, simple hi to you, Soo. And you didn’t even say hi back!”

.

Baekhyun’s right. He didn’t say hi back to Haera, dammit.

As Kyungsoo busies himself trying to find Haera without being too obvious, he swears he hears Baekhyun saying things like ‘YOU’RE THE WORST OF MANKIND’ and ‘YOU’RE SUCH A SHAME IN THE DO FAMILY’ which he answers with a simple kick on his friend’s leg and it shuts Baekhyun up immediately with a groan.

As much as he likes Baekhyun’s witty self, sometimes he feels the need to just strangle him to death.  And this kind of thought has revolved around Kyungsoo’s head in quite a hefty amount of times, just so you know.

“You should at least be a bit supportive, Baekhyun,” it’s Xiumin and Kyungsoo snorts at Baekhyun because Xiumin will always be on the good side.

“I am! I’m supporting him in a man-to-man way!” Baekhyun argues and Kyungsoo is too lazy to pay attention to whatever he's saying.

Xiumin just laughs at Bekhyun’s words because Baekhyun just won’t be Baekhyun if he isn't like that.

While Baekhyun occupies himself with making fun of Kyungsoo, Xiumin sudddenly asks Kyungsoo,“So, have you asked her out yet?” which makes Kyungsoo stop munching on his food and looks up.

Maybe he’s more than just ed.

“I can’t believe it. Kyungsoo the famous archer, the famous artist, is officially a sissy!”

And this time, Xiumin just has to agree.

 

 

                                                                                         tumblr_nlzdmc80aj1urywlfo1_250.jpg

 

 

“So, Kyungsoo, huh?”

Haera nearly spits out the melon milk she’s sipping when her best friend suddenly says his name.

“Whoa! There’s totally something going on with you two and you’re not telling me. I’m offended!” Yuri fakes a cry and Haera shakes her head vigorously, trying to swallow the remaining drink that’s still in because an offended Yuri isn’t the Yuri Haera’s capable of handling on her own.

“There’s nothing-“

“Liar!”

“Yuri-“

“How could you, Haera!”

Yuri keeps on wailing and Haera begins to panic. She doesn’t know what she’s supposed to do because the only option left is for her to wait until Yuri stops pretending to be offended. And it can take a while.

“And why are you fake crying, babe?” 

Hearing Suho's voice, Haera huffs in relief.

Don’t get her wrong. Yuri’s the bestest best friend anyone could ever ask for but Haera’s never good in coaxing people, so that’s why she gets a bit nervous when someone sulks or gets mad at her.

“Correction- I am crying. On the inside. Suho, you can’t believe what Haera did!”

Suho looks at Haera expectantly and she hopes that Suho gets the hint that Haera needs a little help.

“And what is it, baby?” Suho asks, sitting on the empty space on the bench, kissing Yuri’s cheek as Yuri leans to his body.

“There’s something going on with her and Do Kyungsoo but she didn’t even tell us!”

Haera face palms as Yuri starts talking because there will be a lot of explaining to do. And there’s nothing even going on with her and Kyungsoo.

“Kyungsoo? You mean Kyungsoo as in Do Kyungsoo? My junior in art class?”

“Yes! He’s the one we’re talking about,” Yuri eyes me and Haera slumps in her seat.

They’re not gonna let this one off easily.

“Wow, since when, Haera? I’m surprised he didn’t even need me to get through to you,” Suho chuckles and the said girl just groans because he’s totally not helping.

“Well, if you’re not gonna spill the beans to your best friend- I repeat, best friend- I’m just gonna get Suho to get all the juicy infos from Kyungsoo himself,” cocking an eyebrow at Haera, Yuri says triumphantly.

That’s the queue. Haera’s defeated.

“Okay, okay. Gosh, you guys are very persuasive,” the girl groans and the couple laughs.

“Come on, we fill each other’s emptiness, right?” Yuri pokes Haera’s cheek and giggles like a kindergartener.

“So, since when did it start?” Suho questions and Haera hates the fact that her face is heating up.

“Let me make it clear, alright? There’s nothing-“

“BLABLABLA,”

“Yuri, can you please let me finish?” the shy girl pleads and Yuri makes a face.

“First of all, there’s nothing going on between me and Kyungsoo, okay? We met when I was searching for Kai’s birthday present the other day and he was there, lingering all around town because he said he needed inspirations for his paintings,”

She pauses for a few seconds to make sure that neither of them is gonna cut her off.

“So he told me that he was free if I needed assistance in picking out a gift and since he’s a guy and Kai's a guy, I thought he’d be useful. And he was. I got the perfect gift for Kai and since then,  we’ve been exchanging  smiles when we walk across each other at campus but as you see, I greeted him just now but he didn’t even greet me back, so yeah, nothing’s going on and nothing is going to go on between us. The end,” Haera exhales and she’s surprised that she’s able to say so much in one breath.

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier?” Yuri smirks playfully.

“Because you’d make a big deal about it,” Haera mutters and it made the couple laugh.

“So I’m the first one to know about this?”

“You guys are, yeah. I haven't even told Kai yet. And I don't think there'll be a need to, considering there's nothing to tell about," Haera slowly mutters, playing with the straw as she tries to hide her reddening face from the two.

“Oh well. Speaking of Kai, how is he?" 

Yuri's question makes Haera stay silent for a bit. She doesn't know why but everytime Yuri asks about Kai, the atmosphere gets a bit uneasy.

Yuri hates Kai and Haera knows it. 

She just doesn't know what's the cause of it. And she doesn't think Yuri will ever tell her why.

“He's fine, I guess?"

Sensing the sudden awkwardness between them,she fakes a cough, hoping that someone is kind enough to start talking about something else.

Kai is never a good topic for Yuri.

“So....." it's Suho who starts and Haera's thankful. Very.

"Do I need to smack Kyungsoo for not replying to your greetings?” he jokes and Haera chokes out an immediate ‘no’ while Yuri shouts a firm ‘of course!’.

“No, Suho, you don’t. He might not even like me like that,” Haera assures him.

“So do you?”

“Do I what?”

“Do you like him like that?” Suho asks and she suddenly feels like the couple has something up their sleeves.

And for the first time in a long time, Haera questions her feelings.

Does she?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

                                                              edited <3 thanks for reading and thank you so much for subscribing! stay with me all the way :)