Her beloved oppa

oppa, don't just think of me as a little sister
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona laid on her bed, listening to her brother playing guitar in the other room. The sound was very soothing and brought back memories of when they were both still living at home.

She loved her eldest brother dearly and he always tutored her but YongHwa was her favourite brother, maybe because they were connected through their love for music and their dreams to let the world hear their songs.

YongHwa spoiled her the most too and always comforted her when she got scolded by their parents.

He was 7 years older than her but he never minded her trailing after him since she could crawl. 

She was a surprise child but both her brothers always wished for a little sister so neither were ever jealous when she was born.

Her mum said her first word was not omma and appa like most babies, at 8 months old her first word was oppa to her brothers’ big delight.

 

Yoona knew some people were talking about her parents being too tolerant when it came to their children because Yong oppa chose a career in the entertainment world and she chose theater and acting as major in college.

Sometimes she really wanted to step up and give people a piece of mind, telling them that her brother worked himself up from below the ground to the star he is now.

 

Flashback

Yoona was walking around at the market with her mother, she graduated high school and her Yong oppa would come home for the Lunar New Year and their mother wanted dinner to be special so they went to find fresh ingredients. 

“Jung ssi” an ahjumma greeted at the tomato table, “oremaniya” 

“Ye, unnie” her mother replied politely, “I am cherishing the last moments with my baby before she heads off to the big city”

“Ooh! Congratulations, Yoona”

‘Kamshamnida, ajhumma” She replied politely.

“What will she take on? culinary classes? Hair dresser?”

Her mother laughed and shook her head, “our princess will study Theater and Act at Donguk university to become an actress and singer” 

The ahjumma her smile faded, “Jung ssi, isn’t one child there enough? Look at your eldest how wonderful he is doing in business but Yonghwa has always been a bit odd…”

Yoona wanted to reply her but her mother gently put a hand on her cheek and told her with her eyes to just leave it. 

The teenager’s eyes flamed but obeyed her mother.

“aegi-ya, when people say such things you should ignore it” her mother told her gently, “we are proud of uri Yongie and that is all he needs and we at home are all supporting you in your decision to study the arts” 

“omma, neomu saranghaeyo” Yoona hugged her mother tightly.

“Hey princess!” an ahjussi called and Yoona turned to the apple seller, “Ahjussi!” she happily called. 

“Jung ssi” he nodded hearty at Yoona’s mother who greeted him warmly.

“princess, I heard you will be leaving us soon?” 

“Dae, I will go to college” 

“chagiya, uri yong already left us and now princess”

“Since Yong left for the big city, our apple selling has been slow” the ahjumma told yoona’s mother, “I still remember him growing up and now he is the pride of Busan”

“oppa is coming home later” 

The ahjumma her eyes lit up and she filled a bag wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter