Five

North and South
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weeks had passed and Joshua could not hide his content.

The nights were going great; with him playing with his little Dino, studying, and most importantly, no more night outings. His parents seemed content with their son returning back to his own self of cooping in the house after dark. His younger brother was definitely content with Joshua being there for him all the time, expressed them by words and hugs.

Yeah, Joshua was ecstatic, alright.

 

At times, he would think on multiple possibilities if one day the knocks on his window returns. Would he follow the routine? Would he just ignore the constant knockings and let Jeonghan get into trouble on his own? He supposed that could wait if the knocks would occur – if, being the keyword.

 

After their mischief, Jeonghan had suddenly had stopped going to school with him, disappeared during lunch time and left school as soon as the bell rang – basically ignoring Joshua. Sure they still bicker here and there during class but not having Jeonghan tailing him all the time felt weird. Not that he would admit it out loud; he started to miss the devil’s presence.

Seungcheol also started ditching him during lunch. Seungcheol always do that, a social butterfly such as himself would be everywhere during breaks. Who is Joshua to tie his good friend solely to him?

 

 

 

The Hong siblings were in their overalls, busy adding final touches for Dino’s bedroom. The younger had been requesting anything dinosaur all over his now baby-blue-cloudy-sky wall ever since he learned about them.

Joshua also promised to redecorate the room a long time ago (and their parents had already bought every supplies needed, also a long time ago) so he had been spending his free nights on painting and drawing silhouettes of dinosaurs, which so far had his baby brother squealing over. Dino had been sleeping with Joshua throughout the whole painting job and he had prayed hard for Jeonghan to not be at his window while the toddler in his room.

Currently, their hands were covered in colourful paint, as they were placing their palms all over some part of walls as a background.

Joshua’s orange-coloured fingers accidentally grazed Dino’s left cheek as he was getting more paint on his hand. The younger tried to erase the colour on his cheeks with his own finger, only to get blue smudged as he had the colour on his palms.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter