Four

North and South
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At exactly 6.45 o'clock, the blaring sound of an alarm clock broke the morning silence, marked the beginning of Joshua's school day routine. Today, it managed to irk Joshua, which was something a normal Joshua would not had felt. 

With his eyes closed, his hand involuntarily outstretched, tapping the digital clock off with one loud slam. He was on his back, eyes still tight closed after he gained some peace and quiet.. Getting a few seconds of regretting his life choices (which was anything involving a certain fake angel), he forced himself up, scratching his head in frustration, before falling back on bed.

Gravity is really strong today.

His whole body ached as if he just undergo some intense training boot camp. Blame his lack of stamina for a highschooler. He even failed to outmatched his brother in a game of tag and he is only like four years old! 

He spent some more time absentmindedly staring at the white ceiling before rolling on his tummy, muffling a few long sighs into his pillow, trying to make the sleepiness go away.

 

"Joshua, honey! Breakfast is ready!"

 

That was his queue to pull himself to sit from his lying position, replying a croaked "Be right down, Mum" as he went to wash up. He stared into the mirror, scrubbing his face with a little too much force.

Silently he prayed, he would not meet a certain boy today. That kid would end up being strangled to death if that ever happened.

 

 

 

Joshua dragged his feet across the hall, tripping a few times along the way. 

Loud chattering of students filled the area, trying to get to their respective classes. He tightened his grip on the straps of his backpack, attempting to minimise the shoulder-bumpings from the crowd, well, he tried, sort of. He swore he could doze off right away. His cat-like eyes were already half closed. Even so, he manuvered his way through the current, hoping he would not drop dead in the middle of the walkway.

 

He was at his locker when he felt a weight being added across his shoulder as the person whom he had been wishing to go away to popped right beside him. Who was he kidding? They shared major classes together. Of course he was bounded  to see him.

His inner grouchiness started to kick in as he stared questioningly at the dangling hand on his shoulder.

 

"I though we already established the limits on body contact"

 

The locker was slammed shut afterwards as he harshly wiggled himself out of the boy's hold. Joshua strolled away, not waiting for a reply.

A dumbfounded Jeonghan was left standing, his disapproving looks travelled to the boy who rejected him. 

 

"He wasn't like this last night, though"

 

Jeonghan mumbled bitterly, yet his mouth slightly curved, amusing on his acquaintance's act. Fiesty. He could not help but to shrug at that. At the same time, he noticed Seungcheol from the corner of his eyes. Grinning, he made his way towards the raven-haired boy, who was animatedly conversing-or-probably-flirting with the small boy he remembered meeting during lunch before this. 

 

"Hey! Seungcheol!" he waved.

 

Both noticed Jeonghan making a bee line towards their spot. 

Seungcheol responded with a hand raised to the caller. The small boy, on the other hand, fled away.

 

 

 

Joshua slumped his tired body on his seat. His droopy eyes scanned his surrounding only to stop on one particular face, looking directly back at him. He noticed the smirk plastered on Jeonghan's face as he contorted his face in disgust before looking away.

 

"Why is he even looking at me? He must've been up to something again. I swear I'm so not gonna be a part of it this time", Joshua murmured to himself, placing his head on the desk as his arms pillowed the landing underneath.

 

"Yah did you study so hard you didn't sleep or something?"

 

Joshua jerked his head sideways, facing Seungcheol. I have no mood to be playing games right now.

 

"What?!"

 

"Gosh, Josh. Snappy~" Seungcheol chimed. The boy looked bright today, abnormally content, even, and Joshua hated this. He was miserable at the moment, why is everyone so happy? He squinted his eyes, annoyance written all over his face.

 

"Dude, you okay? Your eyebags are really showing. Like literally"

 

Seungcheol sat on Junhui's place, mimicking Joshua's current position. He had his head facing Joshua, eyes staring directly at Joshua's. 

 

"The Hong Joshua is struggling, wow"

 

Joshua felt a light rub on his back. Seungcheol's hand was travelling up and down his spine, trying h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter