Three

North and South
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joshua had dedicated his night time for his Physics test tomorrow. He thought he could buy some time since Jeonghan got sick. Leisurely, he made step-by-step calculations on his worksheets. He had a few complicated formulas to memorize and apply before midnight strikes, savoring the few hours of misfit-free night. 

Unfortunately, he thought wrong. There were knocks on his window sill. He could hear it loud and clear behind his soft classical music. His back was facing the openings at the wall. Maybe if he could just ignore-

The knocks got louder by the second. "Open up! Do you want me to die?", Jeonghan half-yelled, half-whispered.

OH LORD. NOT TODAY.

Reluctant as he was, he didn't have a high tolerance of sympathy, which resulting in him unlocking the windows for the medium long-haired boy to enter.

"You should be in bed", he sighed, returning to his study table.

"And you should have checked your phone"

Jeonghan sat on his bed, reacing for the latter's phone. Joshua haven't noticed the LED light blinking, indicating a message had arrived. His phone was on mute all day anyway.

 

'See me at the park under the tree. Now - Devil'

 

Jeonghan read to him as he opened the new message, then gasp, "You saved me as Devil?"

Joshua who was trying to resume his study, raised his head. Shoot.

"I saved yours as Angel! Isn't that sweet?" he chimed.

Jeonghan was in his black outfit again, with his cap and mask, plus the tainted backpack. The paint job for last time was still visible on his clothes. From the way he acted, he seemed to recover pretty quick. He was pale three hours ago, when Joshua dropped him off to his bed.

Wonderful.

"I have Physics test tomorrow"

"Don't we all?", Jeonghan replied, smiling with his infamous smirk. 

"I haven't study"

"So am I"

"And you're sick", Joshua reasoned. He prefered to stay indoors tonight. He cared for his academics. Unlike a certain someone...

"What difference does it make?"

Joshua felt like pulling the roots of his hair. He tried to keep himself composed before replying.

 

"Not today, Jeonghan"

 

 

 

"Why am I even out here?!"

Joshua groaned, flailing his arms in random directions. He should be in his room right now, drowning in numbers and confusing formulas. It was a thousand times better than to be in tow to the medium-long haired boy. 

"Because I'm sick and you need to watch over me" Jeonghan strided with his arms swinging by his side, like an excited child, not even glancing back at the grouchy Joshua.

"You're not sick anymore"

But he had a point, Joshua thought. Darn it, he knew his weak spot.

Joshua watched as Jeonghan's way-too-long-hair-for-a-typical-boy swayed to the left and right as they moved forward. Girls would cry of jealousy to have the said boy's hair. It was silky smooth. He wondered what type of hair products he used for a perfect lustrous hair. Not even a girl himself yet still envied the boy in front of him for owning that well-groomed hair.

He was about to reach for Jeonghan's head before crashing his face square to the latter's backpack. 

Apparantly, Jeonghan hatled without warning. Joshua rubbed his nose, hopefully to sooth the new-received aching.

"What is in your backpack? Stone? Gosh, Jeonghan, my nose could've broke!" Joshua scrunched his nose, eyes teary from the sharp pain.

"I'm glad you ask!" He slipped on of the straps to dig into the bag, producing two neon-coloured squirt gun. One in green and one in yellow. It was as big as a 1.5 litre of a carbonated bottle. He passed the green one to Joshua.

Jeonghan lead him to one of the signatured metal benches under a tree. Joshua was tired on arguing since the latter would always win so he stayed passive, watching his every move. He sat on the bench, legs crossed, hugging the said toy gun. He had observing the boy, placing the bag on the ground, searching for something from behind the tree.

Smokes stared coming out of his nose and mouth everytime Joshua exhaled. He rubbed his hands together, hugging himself with the gun still in his arms, for warmth as he started shivering. He eyed his clothing, scoffed at the sight of him in his blood red silky pyjamas, too thin for the cold weather. He even had his fuzzy baby blue slippers on. He felt ridiculous.

 

 

 

"My parents know I have a test tomorrow" Joshua pretended to be busy, scribbling on the typed paper.

"So?"

"I can't go out"

"So?"

"If my parents see me walking to the front door, they'd be asking"

Joshua heard the bed creaked. He peeked fr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter