The Moment of Truth

What to Do?

A month had passed since Sojin decided to give Yura another chance but she still had walls around her heart. She couldn’t risk her heart to fall apart again. The first time really tore her apart and she didn’t know how to fix herself. Although she tried to hide her feelings from Yura, Yura knew Sojin wasn’t completely healed from the heartbreak. There were days when Yura experienced a very cold Sojin and she had one to blame but herself. Today was one those days when cold Sojin appeared.

 

Girl’s Day had released their new song and now they were waiting for their turn to perform on the Inkigayo. They all had to wake up early in the morning to arrive at SBS building to get ready, rehearse, and mic checks. When Yura bumped into Sojin at the dorm in the morning, she knew she had to keep her distance from Sojin. She didn’t want to encounter an angry Sojin and ruin this relationship.

 

Yura was sitting on the couch next to Hyeri and Minah, who were being really loud. All she focused on was her beautiful girl that was across the room. Sojin just had finished talking to their manager and was walking back to the make-up station. Yura’s eyes followed Sojin while she was itching to reach out and hug her tightly. She knew that she had to resist her urge because it would end this fragile relationship. Yura needed to completely earn Sojin’s trust back so cold Sojin will never appear again. She wanted that beautiful, warm smile back and not that fake smile.

 

While Yura was lost in her thoughts, Hyeri and Minah felt something weird was going on between Yura and Sojin. For the whole month, Yura and Sojin had on and off days during practices. That was unusual for Hyeri and Minah to see because the YuJin couple would be all touchy-feely with each other.

 

“Hey…I think today is an off day between the YuJin couple,” Minah whispered to Hyeri.

 

“Yeah, I think so too. It is so weird and it is getting a little bit annoying too,” Hyeri whispered back. “I am getting tired of seeing Yura tip toeing around Sojin during these off days, especially back at the dorm.”

 

“Omo…I feel bad for you and I usually don’t,” Minah replied while giggling.

 

“You…” Hyeri said while she lightly slapped Minah on her tight. “But back to the main problem, we need to confront them about this.”

 

“That sounds like a good idea,” Minah replied as she rubbed the spot where Hyeri slapped. “But who should we confront…Yura or Sojin?”

 

“Hmm…I think it is better if we confront Yura because Sojin would just lie to us and say everything is fine,” Hyeri explained.

 

“That is true. Maybe we should talk to Yura without Sojin around because it might make things worse for them,” Minah said. “But when should we confront Yura?”

 

“If we want to talk to Yura alone, I think the best time would be when Sojin is out on a solo schedule,” Hyeri explained while she checked Girl’s Day schedule. “It seems like she has a photoshoot after filming Inkigayo. This is really good timing.”

 

“Wow…we are really lucky. Alright, I will tell manager oppa that I want to hang out at the dorm for a bit,” Minah said as she got up from the couch and walked towards the manager.

 

Hyeri turned to check on Yura and as she thought, Yura had not come out from her world. She looked over to Sojin and saw that Sojin had her eyes closed. Whatever was going on between Yura and Sojin had to stop because it was getting annoying. Then there was a loud knock on the door.

 

“Girl’s Day, standby!” one of the film crew shouted through the door.

 

Yura finally snapped out from her thoughts and stood up from the couch. A sleepy Sojin woke up from her really short nap and stood up from the chair at the make-up station. Hyeri stood up from the couch and saw Yura tip toeing around Sojin. Hyeri shook her head and released a deep sigh.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After filming for Inkigayo, Sojin left for her photoshoot schedule in one van. Hyeri, Minah and Yura took another van to head back to the dorm. Hyeri and Minah were on their phones chatting with friends and checking social media. Yura was staring out of the window, lost in her thoughts again.

 

I really need to figure out what to do or say to gain back all of Sojin’s trust. But why is it so hard…just why? Yura thought. Well maybe because you screwed it all up by cheating and lying about it.

 

Yura was so lost in her thoughts that she didn’t realized that they had arrived at the parking lot. Once they got everything and cleared out the van, they rode the elevator to their floor. Hyeri unlocked the door and slowly Hyeri, Minah and Yura entered the dorm. Yura went to her room and gently closed her door. She needed some time alone to think.

 

Hyeri and Minah watched Yura silently walked into her room and closed her door. They looked at each other and knew they needed to confront Yura right then. Hyeri and Minah went into Hyeri’s room and dropped everything off. Then they walked over to Yura’s door and knocked.

 

“Yura unnie, Minah and I need to talk to you about something,” Hyeri announced through the door.

 

Hyeri and Minah heard some shuffling around the room. After a few minutes, it was completely silences. The door opened and there stood Yura in comfortable clothing.

 

“You guys can come in,” Yura said as she moved towards her computer chair. “What did you guys want to talk about?”

 

Hyeri and Minah looked at each other, not knowing how to start. This was a really sensitive issue and they didn’t want Yura to shut down on them. They really wanted to help fix the issue before it cause harm.

 

“Look...Minah and I have noticed some weird vibes between you and Sojin. Before you tell us that everything is okay between you two, we know it isn’t okay so there is no point of lying,” Hyeri said as she looked at Yura.

 

After Yura heard what Hyeri had to say, she didn’t know how to react. It caught her off guard and she originally wanted to lie. She stopped herself from lying after she remembered how much damage lying caused between Sojin and her. She didn’t want to ruin anymore relationships. She released a big, deep sigh.

 

“B…before I tell you guys everything, please don’t react or say anything before I finish talking. Then you guys have the right to do whatever you want to me,” Yura said as she looked at Hyeri first then Minah.

 

“Unnie, why would we hate you?” Minah asked.

 

“Trust me…after I tell you guys everything, you both will be angry. Just promise me that you guys will let me finish my explanation,” Yura replied.

 

“Promise,” Hyeri and Minah responded after they looked at each other.

 

“Remember that photoshoot I had two to three months ago, the athletic theme one with a male model,” Yura said as she saw Minah and Hyeri nodded their heads. “Well…Lee Chul Woo or the male model and I dated for a few weeks. So…I basically cheated behind Sojin’s back and lied about it.”

 

After Yura finished her sentence, Minah gasped loudly while Hyeri was clenching her fists. Yura already felt the vibe changing in her room. She had to quickly do some damage control or else something bad might happen.

 

“You guys hate my guts now and I don’t blame you guys. I even hate myself for doing it but there is no way of turning back time,” Yura explained. “So…Sojin confronted me about me acting weird around that time and I lied straight to her face about the affair. After she confronted me, I broke things off with Chul Woo right away. I decided that it was best to hide the fact that I had an affair from Sojin. Then one night, during our date night in the dorm, she saw a text message from Chul Woo. He was asking why I wanted to end the relationship and such. That was when our world started to collapse. That was why Sojin took that one week vacation to Daegu…it was to get away from me.”

 

Hyeri and Minah stared at Yura in disbelief. They could not believe that Yura would cheat behind Sojin’s back and lie about it. They could not believe that their pure Yura would do that to anybody. It was difficult to take in.

 

“When she came back from Daegu, she bumped into me when I was leaving for a solo schedule. I knew that I could not leave her without talking to her. So after a few heated minutes, Sojin finally let me back into her mind and heart,” Yura continued to explain. “But after a month, everything is not back to normal…as you guys can see. There are days when Sojin gives me the cold shoulder and I don’t blame her. She has the right to be very angry at me.  Now…after today…I trying to figure out a way to gain back all of Sojin’s trust and show her that I am forever hers.”

 

Yura finished talking and was searching for Hyeri’s and Minah’s reaction. After a few minutes of silences, Yura figured that both of them were angry and disappointed at her. She knew that her mistake would cost her everything and nothing will ever be the same. She released a sad sigh as she played with her fingers.

 

“Honestly, my initial reaction was to punch you in the face for doing that to Sojin unnie but I resisted. I listened to your whole explanation and I figured that you have been punishing yourself for screwing up your great relationship with Sojin. Now that you realize that Sojin is your other half, I will help you figure out a way to gain back all of her trust. But believe me, I am still slightly angry at you for cheating and lying,” Hyeri responded as she looked into Yura’s eyes.

 

“I could not believe that you cheated on Sojin when you guys are madly in love with each other. I see that you have suffered from your actions but not as much as Sojin. You’re right about Sojin having the right to be angry at you. I am also angry at you for doing something that stupid but I will help too. But do remember that gut-wrenching pain from your mistake and cherish Sojin forever,” Minah responded.

 

Yura didn’t know how to react or say. Hyeri and Minah had the right to be angry at her and tell her to screw herself but they didn’t. They listened and understood that she would never hurt Sojin ever again but to cherish her. She started to tear up but tried to blink away the tears. Hyeri and Minah were willing to push aside their anger in order to help her plan a way to completely win Sojin back.

 

“Y…you guys are amazing. You guys could have just storm off and tell me to f--- off but you didn’t. I don’t know what I did to deserve such amazing friends…no not friends…sisters,” Yura replied while hot tears fell on her intertwined hands.

 

Although Yura was looking down at the floor, Hyeri and Minah could tell that she was crying. Yura’s shoulders were shaking and she was loudly sniffling. Hyeri’s and Minah’s anger slowly disappeared when they saw how much pain Yura was carrying around. They stood up from her bed and embraced her. Yura didn’t know how she was able to have sisters like Hyeri and Minah and a wonderful girlfriend like Sojin. They were all able to push aside their anger to welcome back Yura but she didn’t know how to forgive and welcome herself back in.

 

“I…it’s alright Yura,” Minah said as she patted Yura’s back. “Just remember how this feels and release all your guilt because it is eating you alive.”

 

Yura knew that Minah was right. The guilt was eating her alive and it was stressing her out. It was time to let it go and focus on her future with Sojin and Girl’s Day. After a couple of minutes, Yura finally stopped crying and controlled her breathing.

 

“T…thank you guys for understanding. Both of you are amazing and I love you guys like sisters,” Yura said.

 

“That’s right! We are amazing so you better treat us nicely!” Hyeri shouted as she waved her arms around.

 

Yura, Minah and Hyeri laughed which brighten the mood. After that moment, they started to brainstorm ideas for Yura to completely win back Sojin so YuJin couple can finally have that happy ending…..